1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Nov 2, 2011.

1. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben Roethlisberger has been named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance against the Patriots. Thats 3 times a Steeler player has won the award in the last 4 weeks, and twice for Ben in that time span!!!

Week 5 : Ben
    week 6 : Rashard
    week 8 : Ben

http://burgh.us/9gk

2. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Nice. Hope it doesn't go to his head.

3. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Multiple AFC players of the week, lots of media love right now; what's next, Phil Simms and Marshall Faulk saying good things about the Steelers?

Nah, that last part will never happen.

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Wow, don't have these kinds of streaks too often. I'm greedy though...let's hand the dirtbirds a beatdown this weekend and go for a 4th POTW. :herewego:

5. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm surprised that they didn't concentrate on his interception and forget the rest of his performance. The guy is a warrior, no doubt!

6. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL thats true! But I do watch the little thing they do called the shame report on nfl.com and nfl network. I gave props to them for putting Warren Sapp on the shame report for calling the Steelers D old and slow! I never liked sapp as a player, and I dislike him even more as an analyst

Heres the link if anyone else wants to watch it: http://www.nfl.com/videos/the-shame-rep ... ort-Week-8

7. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Well deserved. :clapping:

8. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That's letting him off easy. All they showed was him saying, "Yes, they're too old." He said way worse things than that. In fact, as long as he's been on TV, I've never heard him say a nice thing about the Steelers. He is the most anti-Steelers "analyst" I've ever seen. He's more pro-Ed Reed than Ed Reed's mom, and he's actually anti-Polamalu. He doesn't just think Reed's better, he doesn't even think Troy's good.

If anyone saw the debate about those two players between Sapp and (Baldinger?), it was pretty great. Baldinger made him look like a moron.