1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AFC North Rankings by Position

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, May 27, 2023.

1. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Below are my rankings as it sits now with a little bit of perceived expectation mixd in.

QB’s:
    (I think Pickett will surpass Deshawn this year.)
    1. Bengals
    2. Ravens
    3. Browns
    4. Steelers

RB’s: (This was a hard one as teams 2-4 are all pretty similar. With our new Line and Baltimore changing schemes and Nixon in legal trouble I am giving us the edge.)
    1. Browns
    2. Steelers
    3. Ravens
    4. Bengals

WR’s: (Not sold on O’dell at all or Jackson developing into a pocket QB at all.)
    1. Bengals
    2. Steelers
    3. Browns
    4. Ravens

OL: (Within three years Steelers will be number 1 in this category.)
    1. Browns
    2. Ravens
    3. Bengals
    4. Steelers

TE’s: (I believe we will be number 1 in this in category as well in a few years.)
    1. Ravens
    2. Steelers
    3. Browns
    4. Bengals

Run Game: (I believe we are going to leap frog the Browns this year. They are going to pass more and they lost depth at RB. The Ravens may not have the best RB but they will still run with Jackson.)
    1. Ravens
    2. Steelers
    3. Browns
    4. Bengals

Passing Game: (This is a tough one. So many variables on teams 2-4. I do think Steelers will be a solid number 2 in a few years.)
    1. Bengals
    2. Browns
    3. Steelers
    4. Ravens

* Bengals will be atop 5 Offense with Steelers, Ravens and Browns all finishing somewhere between 10-20. The Steelers success really hinges on Picketts growth and whether Canda is the right OC for us. We will find out this year.

DL: (Assumption is all teams are playing a base of 2 DT with Edge players not being a part of this evaluation.)
    1. Steelers
    2. Bengals
    3. Ravens
    4. Browns

Edge: (This is an easy one.)
    1. Steelers
    2. Browns
    3. Bengals
    4. Ravens

ILB: (the Steelers are truly unknown in this area.)
    1. Ravens
    2. Bengals
    3. browns
    4. Steelers

S: (Another easy one.)
    1. Steelers
    2. Ravens
    3. Browns
    4. Bengals

CB: (Another unkown situation for the Steelers here.)
    1. Ravens
    2. Browns
    3. Steelers
    4. Bengals

Run Defense: (The defenses are so different in the way they are structured with their strong points in different areas. Do to the Steelers unknown at NT and ILB it is hard to place them high here.)
    1. Ravens
    2. Bengals
    3. Steelers
    4. Browns

Pass Defense: (The Steelers could really be dominant in this area if everything works out. I will temper my expectations for right now though. Ranking is primarily based on our ability to produce pressure.)
    1. Browns
    2. Steelers
    3. Ravens
    4. Bengals

* Of the 4 teams in the division I believe the Steelers have the highest ceiling but also the lowest floor. It really depends on how well the new additions play and gel with the rest of the players and if the stars remain healthy. I will put the Steelers in the top 10 for now based on my optimism for them.)

Overall W-L
    1. Bengals 13-4
    2. Ravens -11-6
    3. Steelers 10-7
    4. Browns 8-9

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't see how you can put the Steelers last at OL, they played better in the second half of the season, and they added even more talent to the position. With Isaac and Jones starting on the left side instead of Moore and Dotson there should be less dumb penalties from that side of the OL.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    I Thought about putting them third but honestly all of the lines o. Our division are good. It is gonna take some time for the Steelers line to gel and plus you have the unknown of a potential rookie starting.

what team are you gonna put the Steelers in front of? The Bengals upgraded their Oline with. Blue chip Tackle. The Ravens are very solid up the middle and the Browns are solid across the board. It really isn’t that the Steelers Oline hasn’t improved it’s just the division is stacked Oline.

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I would put them ahead of the Bengals. Sure, Brown was a big addition, but the group around him is mediocre. The Steelers at least upgraded at guard, and that's without counting on Jones making a big impact as a rookie.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Orlando Browns isn't all that, if he was the Chiefs would've kept him, Cleveland OL is good at run blocking pass blocking not so much.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :applaud:

Agree with the list. Well done! :rawk:

OL is an area though is where I can see Pittsburgh either dead last to 3rd. :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  7. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    It would seem to be a contradiction to rank the ravens as having the best CB's, 2nd best Safeties, but #3 in pass defense...... I agree with your assessment of their pass defense as they are constantly torched, and therefore, can't see the individual rankings being as high as they are

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m have trouble placing the Ravens at #2 at QB when their QB is primarily a RB. I guess in terms of overall production it fits, but only if they keep running LJ. I’ll believe that he can run a pro style passing offense when I see it for more than just a flash here and flash there.

I think we probably have the 2nd or 3rd best O line already, and I see it getting better over the season.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Everyone knows what I think about that....So I didn't bother.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    As the Town Cryer gallops through the streets saying hear ye hear ye Lamar is going to be a pocket passer, Lamar is going to be a pocket passer...

Perfect! They are going to try to make this happen because he is banged up from injuries and they need to limit his runs because they gave him that
    stupid massive contract :lolol: I'm not on the Lamar hype train.

And who knows how massage boy is going to fare either?

Burrow is another matter. The real deal.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The strategy of telling Lamar Jackson to stop running and stay in the pocket and pass is like telling Muhammad Ali to stop dancing and moving around and just go toe to toe with George Foreman.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm with you on that and punk don't scare me.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly this.

• Like Like x 1
  14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Told my Foreskin and Cryboy fan relatives I was glad the Ravens signed LJ. Commanders were smart to pass on LJ.

• Agree Agree x 1