1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AFC NORTH QBS VS STEELERS

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelpens65, Jun 10, 2024.

1. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Joe Burrow- 3-2
    Lamar MVP Jackson- 2-4
    Deshaun Rubdown Please Watson- 0-3

For all the media ranking our fellow AFC North teams ahead of us because of their stellar qb play, chew on these facts!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Outside of Week 1 in 2022, the Bengals offense has completely dominated our defense since 2021 when they had Burrow

True that the other two, the Steelers have their number.Watson gave the Steelers 2 TDs last year! ....Lamar is 1-3 against us btw as a starter....the other two games were in 2018 when he was only used as a receiver or thing like that before he become the full time starter of the ravens

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    If you want to be technical:
    Slapdick is 0-2 vs us as a Brown
    Massage man is 0-1 vs us as a Texan

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Thing is, Joe Burrow has shown he is capable of taking the Bengals to the Super Bowl; something the Steelers have not seen since 2010. As for Lamar Jackson, he is a Two Time NFL MVP. Whether that, in it of itself is liked or not, is irrelevant. Given the number of HOF Players with two or more NFL MVPs (namely QBs), might wanna add Lamar to the list. If there is pushback on either?! Lamar, for whatever reason, cannot seem to get over the hump while Burrow's injury history is now officially a concern for Cincy moving forward. Should Joe get injured and be out for an extended period of time again, I wouldn't be surprised if Cincy elects to move on. Crazy as that sounds, NFL Owners and GMs nowadays have shown that they will have little time for patience in both waiting and hoping if they have "the guy". Burrow's durability has prevented him from bringing back Cincy to those lofty heights.

Now, regarding DeShaun Watson as competition?! I have been on record already in stating that the DeShaun Watson of the Houston Texans days isn't coming back. This also means that the Cleveland Browns have successfully pulled off arguably the worst trade in NFL History.

In short?! The media actually has a point about the Steelers QB situation compared to the rest of the Division sans Watson; Russell being a wildcard and Justin Fields doubly so. Joe Burrow and Lamar Jackson are both definitive answers to both Cincy and Baltimore respectively. Pittsburgh has too many questions surrounding the QBs at present.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I guess you forgot about them beating Burrow when he was a rookie :rolleyes:.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I agree Browns signing Ill slap you in the back with my weiner was worse deal in NFL history! You know what the Second worse deal was? You got it… Denver.. giving up all them draft picks for yours truly.. Russ Wilson

7. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    What is up guy?

8. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Also, you are correct about Glass Joe. No doubt he would and the Bengals would be unbeatable if he stayed healthy for a whole season

9. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    No, I didn't forget that but the Bengals were awful in 2020....But since that time, the Bengals had our number when it was Burrow their QB with a 3-1 record and 3 dominant performance... Let's hope that will change in 2024 and that our success against the Ravens will continue!

The good news is that the Bengals defense look below average right now

10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I worry more about Mahomes and Allen than any of the AFC North QBs. Both of those QBs are better than any QB in the North... even Burrow. Burrow can't stay healthy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Yeah....The steelers are 0-3 vs Mahomes and 1-4 vs Allen

12. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

Correct - Tomlin cannot beat them. QB's and / or coaching. We can't get over the hump here, for quite some time.

the comment on Burrow too, above - is true. Joe can be great - if he can stay on the field.

Time will tell....

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Our record against Watson and Jackson is impressive. But somehow we found ways to lose against backups Brissett and Thompson-Robinson (Browns) as well as Huntley and RGIII (Ravens)

14. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

that is TOMLIN at work!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022

[​IMG]

16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Mike Tomlin has a huge reputation for playing down to the competition. That’s one of the reasons they should not have extended him.

17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Mike Glennon.... undefeated against the Steelers. Glennon was a certified Steeler-killer. It didn't matter how crappy his team was.... he beat-down the Steelers.

Cool fact: Jake Plummer and Cam Newton were undefeated vs. Belichick/Brady Patriots

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  18. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    one of many MANY MANY reasons why

Blame Rooney, said it for 5 years and counting...

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is actually incorrect My Friend. As the actual starting Qb Lamar Jackson only has one win. The other win people keep referring to.....He wasn't even the Qb.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I would have put Burrow over Allen mainly because Burrow proved he can get to SB and he beat Mahomes, Allen hasn't but totally agree about the injuries. Son and daughter-in-law are huge LSU fans and went to the games in Baton Rouge when they won Championship. Daughter-in-law is an alum and she told me they worried about injuries a lot. He was always rubbing this or holding on to that on the sidelines.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

Josh Allen had been incredible in the game vs Chiefs in 2021....He had given the Bills the lead twice in the final 2 minutes, including a 36-33 lead with 13 seconds left in the game....But Allen didn't touch the ball again for the rest of the game and overtime and the Bills lost...But we can't blame Allen on this one, he was extraordinary

Burrow is maybe better that Allen,maybe not,but this is not because of their playoffs game vs chiefs in 2021

22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    So, you're cherry picking stats then :rolleyes:?

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    And the Steelers have won games with their backup QBs just like their opponents have.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    Bengals and Burrow will be back healthy this year.

Lamar is still young and coming off a decent playoff run

Watson finished the season strong winning four straight at the end of the season

i wouldn’t underestimate the competition in our division. I hope old man Wilson has at least one more good year left in him. But even if he doesn’t its ok, we just draft our next Qb in 2025 and start all over again. No, i don’t have too much faith in JF. He struggled in chicago and he’ll struggle here.

25. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

are you part of the Tomlin Defense Fund?

he would be put away for Crimes Against Humanity, in football terms, if we laid out the case - he is the KING of underestimating lesser QB's.

the games the Steelers have won - those were years when they had GREAT TEAMS - and Ben might go down, but the GREAT TEAM overcame.

there is really no discussion here.

he is an underachiever coach. Had GREAT TEAMS and fell short, year after year

• Agree Agree x 1