1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Admit it People

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Aug 13, 2021.

1. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Kind of thought that was the direction the conversation was going. Didn't realize he was on the field that much.

3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Terrell is a bonafide SS in this league & the Steelers have improved that position with his play. Where's all the disappointment with the scrubs trying to take his spot if he is such a liability? I'm probably more guilty than most when it comes to passing judgement but the kid has been a model player. :beee:

• Like Like x 2
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    All I can say is like I told DK. Take one game of Your choice, and only watch him. Nothing else and come back , and tell me how good he is.

By the way How come nobody talked about D. Johnson being the only players on that Claypool sweep not knowing the play, and going out on a route instead of blocking???:shrug: LoL

6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He's not terrible but he's not great either. Wasn't worth a 1st round pick. 1st round pick is supposed to be a pro bowl level guy at least. He isn't even that. He's an average NFL safety.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Exactly, if Edmunds had been a round 2 or 3 pick, people wouldn't be on case so much. But, when your a 1st round pick, you better be HOF bound or Steelers fan base will whip on you

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This right here is what is called the Belief Bias, a social tendency to judge conclusions based on the plausibility of that person's own conclusions as opposed to the actual conclusions themselves; the career of Terrell Edmunds being the latest case and most recent example. In other words, just because the Steelers have so many players in Canton does not necessarily mean every player must be a home run hit. Realistically speaking, any player past pick 20 is Boom or Bust anyhow.

Now, do I agree that Terrell Edmumds was a reach?! Based on the players still available, it is fair to say it was. Now, that said, the Steelers still needed a Safety heading into the 2018 Draft; a Strong Safety at that. Jessie Bates nor Justin Reid (more specifically what was happening during this time period as well regarding his brother) where not constituted as good fits. Terrell Edmunds had already been in acquaintance with Colbert, Tomlin and Butler long before the Draft. As such, Edmunds was the pick at the time.

Overall, this ultimately comes down to the immense misconception that every 1st Round Pick must be a smashing success. Sadly..... that is not how the NFL Draft works. Not every pick will be a success for a team; Steelers or otherwise. Should Terrell Edmunds be voted to the Pro Bowl, he would constitute as a success.

• Like Like x 2
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    From what I seen of Him. Anything more than a 4th round was 2 much. I Laugh if You tell me I haven't watched Him , or the Games. I've freaking broken His tape down so much...I wish I hadn't.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Breaking the tape down. What happened to just watching the games and enjoying them?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    You watch the games for enjoyment? What a loser.

Did you even read the contract? You signed up to be a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers, long-suffering and clinging on to the "glory days." (See what I did there?)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Anyone else notice that as soon as I said Glenn liked me, he got all quiet and shy. I bet he's counting the days until Valentine's Day to send me a card. Sorry, Glemm, I'm taken. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Obviously the Steelers Brass didn't think he was worth the 5th year option and I agree.
    It's in Edmond's best interest to play above the line this season.
    He won't get a second contract in Pittsburgh.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I do that. First.
    I just enjoy doing the other also. :shrug: Mostly after the season when Football is over.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I don't think Edmunds is great by any stretch. I just don't think he is the poor tackler people are making him out to be. His problem is not tackling. It is the almost complete lack of splash or the ability to make a play on the ball.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I don't think passing on the 5th year option is the same as not wanting him back.
    Depends on the price.

The option was $6.75 M, which is about 20th in the league for safety salary this year.
    (With 64 starting safeties, that is top 3rd money.)
    I could see them possibly wanting him back for "average safety" money, which is around $3-4 M /year.
    (Question is, what are Edmunds & agent aiming for?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Why wait for Valentine’s Day?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Ok… on that play he made initial contact between the 17 and 18 yard lines straight up, and the back almost got out to the 20. I would not call that video clip an example of good in-the-box play. He allowed around 2 yards after contact.

• Like Like x 1
  20. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Why do you say those two were not good fits? Steelers needed both Free and Strong safeties. They had Mike Mitchell and Sean Davis at the end of 2017, two very subpar safeties. There was 1st round worthy need at both safety positions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok, apparently math is not your strong point. On average, a player who makes the pro bowl has a career of 11.7 years. 32 players are taken in the first round. Not counting rounds 2-7, that puts 374 pro bowl players in the league in any given year.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I disagree. I thought it was a nice stop on a guy who was running a good 7 yards before contact.

• Like Like x 1
  23. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bingo

If a 1st rounder gets a second contract from the NFL after three years + in Pittsburgh, it should be considered a success pick imo.

25. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    We'll probably disagree on this, but it's okay. I think he actually played it well. He peeked inside and moved toward the line. But he reacted well to the cutback and met the RB near the LOS. He went low, which was the thing to do. Low man wins. That was good in-the-box play. He just didn't tackle well and the RB almost ran out of it. So he played it right, just didn't finish. Personally, I don't think he makes that right decision the majority of the time, nor do I think he makes a solid tackle the majority of the time. So I'm not sold on him. He's been here long enough to be decisive AND effective. He's neither, IMO.

• Winner Winner x 1