1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Adding seats to Heinz Field

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Pretty stoked they are adding seats as Rooney said they will go to season ticket holders. I've been on the waiting list a while now, but I doubt I fall within the 3000 seats. Definitely will cut the wait time down though...

Any season ticket holders out there? How long did you have to wait, and how much is it to buy the seat license at face value?

2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Last I heard they were on some month in 1995. So If you called and got put of the list then. You should be in good shape. The waiting list is useless. People never give up their PSL, if they want, they just sell it. Steelers even set up a site where you can buy and sell the PSL's making the waiting list that more useless.

3. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well, my grandfather has had tickets since the 70s. I'm not sure there was even a wait when he picked them up :lolol: But our Heinz Field tickets go for like $85 dollars a piece during the regular season.

4. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    That is true, I saw some on sell for 10k which is pretty good considering some sell for 40k.

5. steelerdon

steelerdon Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    I have been on the waiting list since 2001,I bought a psl for 2 seats for 5k back in 2006 which I thought was a good deal.

6. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011

That does sound really good. I signed up in early 2000's too. I wonder where they are at now?

7. steelerdon

steelerdon Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    I think they are in early 1995,if you call the steeler office they will tell you.

8. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  9. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    From what I've heard they are going to be in the South Endzone setup about the same as they were for the outdoor hockey game played there last year.

They are up to April of 1995 and that is where they were 6 years ago so it doesn't move much at all since they allow the licenses to be sold on the open market. I have been on the season ticket waiting list since November 4th 1995. It would be nice to finally make it with the new seats!

Blitz

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Yeah I'll never see tickets from being on the list either (I've only been on it 6-8 years I think). Thats one reason I wish they wouldnt let people sell the PSLs to ANYONE...if a person wants to give up their seats they should just do so and the team going to the next person in line...or even let the person wanting to sell them force them to sell them to the next in line (based on what the Steelers would charge for the PSLs though). Everyone goes home happy but not rich.

The one good thing about the list is getting notices about ticket on sales (for regular and post season) with occasional other things you get.