1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Adam "PacMan" Jones in Trouble

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by burghfan58, Feb 16, 2021.

1. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's a shame to see he is in trouble with the law again. Love him or hate him, which I had the same feeling as others after the Steelers/Bengal playoff debacle, but I gave him credit for the corner he turned after getting in trouble early on and here is why. When he came into the league, it was well documented he could not keep himself out of trouble leading to suspensions and nearly banned. He turned himself around and became a mentor for rookies across the league for how to keep themselves out of trouble and "how to be a millionaire." One story he shared quite often was the fact that he would go home to Florida and childhood friends or relatives asking him for money because they had a "deal" they needed help with and of course the argument always was "you cannot turn your back on family." He said it took him a few years of self-reflection and maturity to realize these were the people he needed to cut out of his life. They didn't have his best interest at heart and didn't care about him. They were toxic and he needed to eliminate the toxicity from his life in order to succeed and be the best person he could be. This is a lesson many need and unfortunately do not follow. I wish I could find that article to share, but it may have even been an NFL Network segment as well. Either way, it is a shame he is finding himself in trouble after football. It may have shown his character now that he doesn't have to concern himself with suspensions. Kicking and stomping an unconscious person is practically attempted murder (that is just my opinion).

• Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm not the least surprised.

3. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Yeah i was surprised by this story since he'd raally cleaned up his act. Even stopped going by Pacman.

4. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    According to pacman it wasn't a big deal and he didn't even start it...