1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

According to Foster losing might be good for the Steelers. lol

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 13, 2018.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  2. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    This **** here.....Is what is wrong with this team, and has been for awhile...

They talk a better game than they play...They think they can just turn it on or off like they're some kind of powerhouse lol

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    So just another player that admits they over look opponents. So I guess a 6 game losing streak will have them primed for next season. What Foster said is what losers say when they have no excuse for their performance and losses. So glad Tomlin is a master motivator.....

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

This noncense will stop, When Tomlin leaves

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I get it. We’ve taken 3 weeks off as unofficial bye weeks to rest up for the stretch run... :facepalm:

Seriously, overlooking one opponent in a regular season game is understandable. Three in a row? No.

However, if it leads to a new 6 game winning streak, I’m good with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    That's the thing teams back in the day when they used to play us they new they had to tighten up thir boot straps because they knew we were coming to play each and every week. Now they get up to play us but we play down to them at the same time. Potsy used to say that every game was a 5 star matchup because the Steelers were in it. That's because they used to be able to back it up. Now Tomlin has them still believing it,when it's the furthest thing from the truth.....#culturechange.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Mere mortals like yourself can't see his motivation with the naked eye.:blink:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Where was he when they lost to Denver? Didn't he think the following week was important enough to bounce back? What about after the Chargers? Not. A good time to bounce back and get pointed back in the right direction ? No only after another piss poor performance is it a good time to take things seriously.
    What a joke....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Hank Bullough coached the Buffalo Bills right before Marv Levy. They lost a bunch and he got fired. But during the losing streak that lead to his firing, he was asked by some local media guy what the team was learning from losing. Bulloughs reply: "Learn from losing?, you don't learn anything fron losing! If you could learn from losing, this team would be the smartest guys on the planet!"

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I would agree that losing can help the team focus on what they need to improve, but my money is on them not learning anything.

Same pile of sh!t playcalling, but expecting different results is our motto.

That said, Ben does play better when losing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I might have to watch Sunday like JP in your avatar

12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh I got a feeling he's gonna be getting a lot of opportunities on Sunday

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm going to watch like this:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Was that the last play any of our DBs have made?

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Well, it's like this,
    “It’s all of us. You don’t fail and then convincingly pinpoint one particular area, this is a very complex game. Because it is a complex game, because of the number of people involved, and when you are talking about consistent failures like we have had in recent weeks, it’s usually a multitude of things. We better look at the schematics. We better look at who we are asking to do what. And we better look at the detail in which they are doing it. It’s all of the above and that’s our intentions.
    “We are open to change. We are going to have discussions regarding change. But I don’t want to lead you to believe that these changes are going to be dramatic and maybe even noticeable to the naked eye. But in our world, very much necessary and very much significant. Often times you make very subtle changes and they have very significant outcomes. We’re going to look at all of the things I mentioned.”
    “We’re licking our wounds as we should when you’re unsuccessful in this business, not a lot of time for that. We understand that. Sunday is coming. We’re excited about an opportunity to compete and get this negative taste out of our mouth, as I am sure New England is.
    “It’s going to be high stakes. It’s going to be a big-time atmosphere. Excited about it. And look forward to more importantly this week’s preparation for the opponent. A lot of work to be done.”
    And things of that nature.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ok I’m convinced you’re tomlin lol can I meet Ben?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    It's a good thing the Steelers are playing the pats in there kitchen

19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm just quoting the great one, channeling him, if you will.

20. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Amazing they haven’t learned from their past. Not to mention they played pretty ****ty coming out of training camp this year.

I’d like to think they have a shot, but I have a feeling they’re going to get completely humiliated, especially with the outsiders they’re bring in. Too many voice and opinions in a short period of time.

21. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
  22. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Yes

23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
  24. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Thing is how could they overlook the chargers. They are a top 5 team and the 2nd best in the AFC.

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    On twitter with a picture of the Steelers score losing to the Raiders, LeVeon Bell clicked like on the picture.