1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB's Trade Value

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, Jan 7, 2019.

1. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Pick one: Would you trade AB for a starting linebacker, cornerback, or safety? Along with some other players or picks to even out the trade?

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    A player and a pick if possible. Rather, a cornerback and a pick. There will be plenty of linebacking options by 20 if tonight's title game is any indication. Mack Wilson has not done himself any favors. This essentially makes Devin White the odds on favorite. It is unlikely now he gets past 15.

Cornerbacking on the other hand?! I would imagine that, due to the abundance of interior lineman talent, some GM's might skip on the top interior options and opt to fortify the secondary. Expect a big run on corners. Again though, I am stating all of this before the NFL Combine. Post Combine will determine a lot more than what we have now.

3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    No one wants to hear this, but I am guessing AB's trade value is a lot less that people think it is. Teams these days are going out of their way to avoid distractions. AB is on the wrong side of 30 and he carries a hefty contract. I would not be surprised if getting a decent return for AB is difficult.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I wouldn't trade anything of much value for a player that has some character issues and gets disgruntled easily.

5. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Cincinnati, Oakland, Jacksonville and Washington would like to have a word with you.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Call Zona... Peterman in a straight up throw in a pick for icing. I'd take him and a 2 or 3 no doubt

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup. There will always be teams that look past issues. They will be in love with his talent which is still undeniable.

They won't get a Hershel Walker haul for him but they won't have any difficulty landing a first rd pick either.

My personal favorite is one floated by Ray Fittipaldo. AB for Peterson and their 2nd rd pick. I don't know if they could get that but I'd do a happy dance if they did. I think more likely it would just be a straight up AB for Peterson, which I'd still do if I was them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Think Oakland would take that call after we fleeced them on the Bryant deal?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

John Gruden may have been fleeced by Martavis Bryant for certain. Keep in mind though he just gave up Amari Cooper. No doubt he is likely going to give Pittsburgh another shot if AB is on the table. Unlike Bryant, AB is a lock for Canton with years left in him. Gruden would not hesitate to listen to Art's offers in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    tenor (3).gif

• Like Like x 1
  11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Me, you and Ray must be on the same wavelength then. Personally though, I believe it is possible. If anything, among the trade possibilities, that scenario is the most realistic and likely one.

Again, Josh Rosen will be a sophomore. Larry Fitzgerald is likely to retire. Patrick Peterson wants out. To top it all off, Steve Keim is on the hot seat. He has to pull off a miracle to ensure that Arizona can not only organically boost Josh's development but turn around the Cardinals the same.

AB solves so many issues with just his mere presence on the field. Furthermore, this works in AB's favor. With no real challenge to him, Rosen has his receiver he can rely upon. In addition, Josh Rosen will develop faster as a result. Add the fact that there this is an upcoming deep defensive back class anyways and the loss of Patrick Peterson will not sting as much as others believe. If anything, Nick Bosa cancels that out as he and Chandler Jones will organically generate an increased chance for those turnovers.

In short? Both parties win. Colbert and Tomlin add more captial and another rock solid corner. Arizona speeds up their young quarterbacks development via a HOF receiver.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  12. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Send him to Washington and let’s see if he misses Ben after 4 games.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’d love to have him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I read this one this morning, again it is just talk:

The Buffalo Bills at No. 9 already have an elite defense. If they think Brown gets their offense up to at least average, they would likely consider such a trade. They are loaded with potential pieces that the Steelers might like in a deal in addition to that pick. Their secondary is among the best in the NFL. If Tre'Davious White or Levi Wallace were on the table, the Steelers would be very interested given their need at cornerback. Jordan Poyer is an intriguing safety option as well, as would a reunion of the Edmunds brothers with Tremaine heading to Pittsburgh to join Terrell. It is unclear if any of these good young defenders would be on the table, but the Steelers might listen if they were.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1