1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB's six year run.(2013-2018)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jball, Mar 27, 2024.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He's one of a few compared to how many Wrs play every year...., but we could add Mike Evans on that list...He hasn't had a bad year yet, and He's played with great Qbs, and a bunch of not very good Qbs.

2. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Jameis Winston was very good at making his receivers produce...His problem, he was all-time level bad at protecting the ball

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He also played with Josh McCown, Mike Glennon, J. Winston, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Baker Mayfield, and Tom Brady, and has not had a bad season yet.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Many great receiver have been productive even when he didn't have a great QB...Justin Jefferson and Tyreek Hill(last 2 years) are examples

And we can't judge players on just one stat, otherwise we make a bad evaluation.I mean, in 2013 Jerricho Cotchery had more TDs than AB but only an idiot is going to say he was better than AB that year....Also AB had a career high in TDs in 2018 with 15 but that was the worst year for AB in the 2013 to 2018 period

He also has a different level of bad QB...Just looking at 2015, Vick was unable to produce with AB but Brown was good when it was Landry Jones since he wasn't afraid to attempt passes of more than 5 yards, which was a problem with Vick in 2015

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Ryan Fitzpatrick was another who was in the same style of Winston but less worst in turnovers....For a receiver,I prefer QB like Fitzpatrick or Winston that a QB who can't throw past 5 yards.It kill the entire offense when this is the case

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Still many of other wrs disappeared under their play, and play of others....hell OBJ practically was gone under Baker Mayfield... Yet Mike Evans has not had one bad year since he played in the NFL, no matter who the Qb, and he is what made dumb Gms actually think Johnny M could actually play Qb in the NFL. If it wasn’t for Mike Evans....Johnny money would have been called Johnny dummy in college.

7. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    OBJ has not been elite since his first 2 years in the NFL!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    You are not wrong for Mike Evans,great career but many great receiver has been great to produce if the QB is not bad like the Cardinals were in the period between Warner and Palmer for Fitzgerald

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yet you spent what ???? 5 different replies try to say different. LoL

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I wanted them to go after Evans this FA until I saw the contract he got :lolol:

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly.

12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    We both know that isn't going to happen, especially with your pathetic ad hominem arguments leading the way.

That post wasn't made in a vacuum. You have been pushing an ongoing argument to diminish the accomplishments of elite receivers by giving the credit for their success to their quarterbacks. Your post was part of that argument. If you wish to lie and say that there wasn't a larger implication to your post, that's on you, but I'm not buying it.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Beckham was always overrated due to the spectacular plays he could make.

14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Why don't you two just get married already??

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So You admit that what I said then, and You quoted there was no lie, and You just wanted to argue. Enough said.:thumbs_up:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
  16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Care to try that again, but in more coherent English? I'm serious. What you wrote does not make sense.

The only mention of a lie in my post was you doing the lying. If you say that your post wasn't meant as part of your larger argument, I do believe that is a lie.

17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :smiley1: :popcorn:

• Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    There is something seriously wrong with You. LoL. Again.....it's very simple.....with what started this whole thing on this thread....what You quoted that I said .....where was the lie. You can't find it.....You only want to argue, and so now as always.....You are attacking Me instead of what was said. LoL You're a funny guy, and we all know You aren't that guy you pretend to be .... so stop. LoL

19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Usually off seasons are boring... and I rarely visit the board. Not this year. It's been the most interesting off season since I've been a member.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I can't wait till the draft

• Like Like x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I made this clear. The statistic you posted was part of your larger argument about receivers. It was obvious. If you deny it, which you seem to be doing, you are lying.

No, you don't know, but that rarely stops you.

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. So again everything in the comment I made that You quoted was facts, and You just wanted to argue. LoL

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Those facts are part of a larger, ongoing argument. Are you really going to lie and claim that isn't true?

They also don't tell the full story, but I guess you don't mind being misleading.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So what You are saying is You are not arguing about what I said, but what was said years ago. LoL So there was no reason to take My comment, and quote it this time other than the need for You to have something to argue about. Just admit it. I keep bringing up the comment that You complained about, and You still can't show me the lie....You just keep going on about something that was said years ago, and that I didn't say now. Unlike you who is so stubborn that You can't....other people change their minds about things. So again what started this on this comment was correct, but You just wanted to argue. Sad little man

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It wasn't years ago. You brought this back up recently on another thread.

Why would I admit things that are not true? You bring up old arguments often. You were doing it again and now you are playing games. That you can't even be honest about it now is what is truly sad.