1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    None of you were saying this before AB did this. I was even arguing people down a year ago about how belichick WOULD have cut him and SOME PEOPLE on here kept saying he wouldn't cut the best wr in football over those little antics. Lmao you all were applauding him over bell last offseasons. You dont know how they will act once they are up for those contracts. They could holdout as well. Khalil mack is no where near the character ab is. Didnt he hold out? Julio is no where near the character AB is. Didnt he hold out AFTER having like 3 years left on his deal?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. dexter402

dexter402 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    People claiming this sets the precedent for players in the future...

Do you think Brown and Bell are some kind of geniuses that figured out a loophole to finally stick it to the Steelers?? No, they were simply the first to have the amount of talent and amount of dickishness to pull it off with the Steelers. No matter what anyone wants to think or say, you could not bring Brown back, and I don’t care if Belechick and Knolls love child was coach, you can not force human beings to do what they really don’t want to, ie making Brown come on and be a good soldier next year. Getting what we got for Brown after what he did was, in my opinion, amazing. A player, who while extremely talented, is 31, wants a brand new deal, has shown he is extremely unpredictable and quite volatile when not getting his way and EVERYONE knows we have no intention of bringing back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Let's not forget that AB and the steelers restructured his deal last year making his 2018 money essentially all guaranteed before the season.... this was the reason for the big dead money hit. Had they not restructured to make room for Leveon and give AB some guaranteed money.... the dead money would have only been around $11m. The steelers way might not give a ton of guaranteed money up front, but they have a history of restructuring big deals that help with their cap and give guarantees to the guys that perform.

Good riddance

4. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Yes, and changing cities isn't a change in ownership or history. Current regime has 1 winning season SINCE 2002. Let that sink in for a moment. As a steelers fan our heads explode at a possibility of an 8-8 season or missing the playoffs...... Oakland has 1 winning season in the last 17 years.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not sure what a lot of that word salad means but I don’t recall AB doing the things JuJu has in his young career. He’s much more a high character guy than AB ever was and if you think Conner will behave like AB some day, you’re high as a kite.

Clark new AB was trash from the get go. He was right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup, he stabbed the Steelers in the back big time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    You said ab and bell. Dont change the narrative to just AB. We talking about guys wanting money. They will want to get paid the same way that they did.

8. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    The primary reason of them restructuring was to help clear cap space.. not to do him a favor

9. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    ......aaaaaaand what would they do with that cap space?

They wouldn’t possibly used it to offer Bell a contract, would they?:hmm:

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I think they were over the cap with just the franchise tag.

11. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    You're not allowed to go over the cap. Ever. That's why it's called a 'cap'

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Bell is just greedy, that’s why I left him out of my last post but no, JuJu and Conner will never behave like Bell either, know why? Because what Bell did is very rare. I can’t even remember the last player to sit out the whole year.

It’s not lost on me that you have animosity towards selfless guys, team players. You like and root for me first selfish players. You’re very attitude towards JuJu and Conner proves my point that they aren’t like AB and Bell. You know yourself that they are better teammates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Not during the season. In the off season you can be over the cap but you have to get under the cap by the deadline.

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    What the Steelers did was very rare. I cant remember the last time a team franchised a guy twice and still stuck the franchise tag on him after they didnt reach a deal.

15. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    It's both. It's a 2 way street. Team clears cap space, player gets un-guaranteed money guaranteed and accelerated forward.
    Also both happened on the same day, February 27, 2017......the Steelers restructured Brown and franchised tagged Bell. So um, yes they restructured Brown to get space to tag Bell because........

You have to be under the cap by the start of the new league year in March. Early March. About 10 days after the day that they restructured Brown and tagged Bell.

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    That's my point. They tagged him before the new league year started. The moment they tagged him at that particular point they were over the cap. They had to then restructure contracts and make adjustments to keep the tag under the cap.

17. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Re-read the bolded red part.
    And when you're finished read it 3 or 4 more times, each time progressively slower until you understand what you've written.
    If you do not get it by then, scroll up 14 posts and start reading at 58Stillers post that begins "Let's not forget......." and read everything afterwards.
    If it still hasn't sunk in by then, repeat reading from his post again several more times, each time progressively slower.
    If you STILL haven't got it by then, have a friend of two over to review with you and then have them explain it to you.
    If the three of you still cannot get it, then.....hell, I really don't know what to do at that point.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  18. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Its never gonna be a fair argument unless some of our young guys we are talking about become THE BEST at their positions. AB being the best and LB at the time top 3 at least. Mack,Jones,Donald. What do these guys have in common ? Best at their positions....I don't seem to recall their characters being talked about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Not that this has anything about what we were talking about but Im sure the Steelers felt they could still work out a deal.

20. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    if I'm not mistaken can the steelers divvy the dead money over 3 yrs or something and does bells amounts last year get added to this season?? the steelers may be in good shape I believe.. a vet wr like Tate or jbrown and defencive moves would be exciting. can't wait for the draft, let's go

21. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Hines/Bettis/Clark were slightly better than average?

22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah I forgot they came to AB before the tagged leveon you're right lmao smh they did that after they tagged him. They didnt do that just tot ry to do AB a favor.

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not 100% sure, but I think he would have to be cut post June 1st to split it over 2 seasons.

24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I doubt that. They wanted him to stay for another year and didnt think hed holdout for the whole season.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He benefited from it no?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.