1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Oh trust me, he'll be just fine.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If it’s down to Washington and Tennessee, it’s down to a 2nd rounder plus some other compensation (late round pick, 2020 pick and/or player)

3. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Don't look now . The Redskins just signed Case keenan. Wow, the signing of AB just got very interesting. And the titans are out

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I have to agree with a post mentioned earlier in this thread. Should a 1st Round Pick be too expensive, perhaps a pick and a player?! I still believe Oakland is the odds on favorite.

How about this scenario?!

Oakland Raiders Receive: Antonio Brown

Pittsburgh Steelers Receive: Gareon Conley + 3rd Round Pick.

I understand a Third Round Pick might be too inefficient. That being said, having even one pick from the first three rounds does give you more firepower as draft capital to use. If it does not come to that at all, another pick at your disposal.

5. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I’d keep AB and enforce the contract. Conley may become good at some point, but he’s really done nothing more than Burns did in his first 2 years. I don’t want another guy who has failed to live up to his draft position plus a 3rd. If it’s their 2nd and Conley....maybe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Good god I can’t wait for this idiot to be gone. He has killed his trade value. At this point I’d kill the trades and make him stay and call his bluff on retiring. Every time he says something stupid, suspend him. They can’t let him get away with screwing the team over like Harrison and Bell did. These issues will only get worse if they keep caving.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Pretty pathetic. Just heard Brown requested a trade because Big Ben is a Trump supporter.

Brown had a blowup with Ben before they hosted the Chiefs earlier in the season because of this political sh!t anthems and all from the season before. Brown turned to Lebron James for advice and have been in a tight relationship since.

Brown go Screw yourself!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Whether Ben is or isn't, I give that zero chance of being true as for the reason AB wants to be traded.

Lets not bring up politics, extremely hot button topic which isn't allowed here. Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    What i believe is a key factor in Oakland wanting AB is season ticket sales in Vegas next season. They've got ZERO stars right now to sell to that Vegas fan base.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Who knows if this is true or not, but I would not discount it. In all my years I have yet to see a more polarizing political climate than what we have right now. If what you say is true, AB will have problems wherever he goes. Peoples political views will differ no matter where he goes.

11. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    As of an hour ago per the score app... Skins, Saints, Titans out on AB sweepstakes. Raiders are cooling supposedly as well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I heard same about Oakland not being as interested and getting cold feet. What happens if we cannot shop him for a first round?

13. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Jeebus. This feels like the time I tried to unload Steelers tickets on game day several years ago. All full of confidence that I would make a nice buck only to take 40 bucks so I could just get the hell home.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I said it last night and I'll say it again. NE is on the clock, ready, willing and able.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    But Steelers have last say so is it likely they would let him go to NE. I honestly don't know how it all works so if you or another Stiller fan on this board wants to explain it to me?

16. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    I would imagine that AB and Drew Rosenhaus are probably actively involved in talks as any team wanting to trade for him is going to want to know if he's going to want a new deal and if so, exactly what would that be. And that makes me wonder if that isn't having an impact on reports of teams being in and out so often and quickly.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Easy. Every other team says they're not willing to give a 1st rounder for the headcase and Tom telling Belichheat make it happen. One phone call to the massage parlor attendee and it's as good as done.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  18. SteelLaw

SteelLaw Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/2017/10/antonio_brown_roethlisberger_1.html

"Brown wanted to kneel during the anthem, according to the report. In a team meeting the day after the Steelers' overtime loss to the Bears, Brown took issue with the way Roethlisberger and the team had handled the anthem, according to the report. "Naga

I believe the problems between Ben and Brown started in the 2017 season.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    The Raiders needing a star because they're moving to Vegas just doesn't make sense. We're talking an NFL team in Vegas. A "star" isn't needed. They'll go to the games regardless just to see NFL football.

If the Raiders are out, there's no way the Steelers get a first. A third and a player sounds about right and I doubt that player will be anyone of significance either. More just a way for the Steelers to save face.

20. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    The pats paranoia is strong here lol, chillax gents. He ain't going there

• Like Like x 1
  21. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Give him an ultimatum - if he wants to be released so that he's free, he should refund the prorated signing bonus money that's on our cap for the next 3 years. He brags about having $30 million in the bank. Fine. Return our prorated signing bonus money and he can be free go out and get as much as he can. Otherwise, he's here and he's expected to perform under the contract that he signed. If he doesn't show up, or does anything detrimental, sue his ass.

• Like Like x 1
  22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ditto

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Grasshopper, you have begun to learn.

- Master Kan

24. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I'd be just fine if I had that walking toward me too.

25. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    And at that moment you wake up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.