1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    For anyone suggesting it, there’s literally a 0% chance Brown is traded.

2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He does look small because he's stocky but you can tell when he stands next to people he's a legit 6'1. He may be like 6 and a half but he looks taller than Baker. Keep in mind the browns drafted Baker over darnold, Rosen, and Lamar when Baker was far from the prototype compared to the others except Lamar. But he played the best and performed at an efficient level. Tua is the same way. The NFL trend is changing. Drew brees, Russell Wilson, and now Baker mayfield have broken that short qb mold. They are even now suggesting that if kyler Murray were to play football he may be a late first or 2nd round pick and he is 5'8 if you ask me the 5'10 is very generous.

3. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    If this were belichick he would have been gone long time ago.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    His speed and quickness definitely will wear off but he could still produce. AB could become a slot guy and eat on the inside. Problem is would his pride let him be just a slot guy instead of on the outside. That I doubt.

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Are we the new bengals/browns? Lol

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Just my $.02 - AB's not going anywhere, especially the Raiders. They just traded away a 24-year-old (Cooper) for a #1, why would they trade that #1 for a 31-year-old (AB)?

That being said, man the wheels have just totally come off this team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    This makes it sound like Ben was practicing:

Brown got upset that Roethlisberger wanted to run a hot read over again during a walk-through, so coaches sent another player to run the play, a source close to the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Brown got upset, left practice and talked with Roethlisberger afterward, telling the quarterback that he felt underappreciated and had issues with people in the organization, the source told Schefter.

Brown left and wouldn't respond to the Steelers, including team president Art Rooney II, the source said.

Brown was seen talking with teammate Darrius Heyward-Bey on Thursday in the locker room but wasn't present the rest of the week or during Monday's exit meetings.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I guess his talent gives him some slack, but when is enough, enough?

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    This was interesting:

“Multiple players told NFL Network that a big reason the team struggled in the first half was due to Brown's actions.”

I’m assuming he was a sideline distraction. They team didn’t start scoring until after he left the stadium.

The Steelers must rid themselves of players who hurt the team and the coaches who can’t control them. Unless they like the direction the team is headed...which is the bottom dwelling laughingstock of the league.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The locker room is an important and fragile thing. One bad apple can spoil the bunch.

Look at 2005 when everyone came together to win one for the Bus. Those guys played for each other and it took them to greatness.

AB’s actions are bad karma for this team.

AB has been “off” this year...calling out journalists, speeding, throwing crap out the balcony window. Does he need help?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No. It's the media doing its job and Antonio Brown causing drama without good reason. The fans are paying customers, whether it is as part of the broadcast audience or buying tickets. It is absolutely their business.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

NO BODY KNOWS WHAT THE REAL REASON WAS, they are reporting what some "unamed" source told them.... stop believing everydamn thing you hear or read.. 9/10 its only partly true .......On second thought believe want u want i dont care

13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    This is bull hockey. AB doesn't like losing & needs to handle it better. My guess is that he doesn't want to be the Dan Marino of wrs.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  14. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Except that Vince Williams more or less confirmed the reports based on his "I hate rats" tweet.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    This just goes to show you that even Rooney and Colbert are letting this go and have no control over AB. This team is a complete hot mess and it starts at the top with Mike Tomlin who as many of us have been saying need to go. Let’s see what kind of BS answer Tomlin gives today at his final press conference of the season when he is asked about AB. I’m sure he will blow it off and be completely ignorant about it like he is everything else.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

LOL u have know idea what Vince Willams was talking abt .... And i dont balame him.. i cant stand a ****ing tattle tell either

17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    And the bitches would still win:(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    So you think Vince's comment was just some random flame on snitches that just coincidentally came out the same day as your "unamed" sources were the basis of the AB story?

OK, then.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I thought Bince was talking about Baltimore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This is a real problem for the team going forward.

They can't cut or trade AB for cap reasons and the value they get back would be minimal.

So you keep him. But if he's chafed now because of attention he's getting vs JuJu, this won't get better. At 30, his skills are diminishing, At 22 Juju's are on the rise.

So what do you do? Force feed AB the ball to try to keep harmony? I'm not sure that works, it didn't work this year.
    Hope AB matures and accepts his situation? at age 30 he should be there by now. He's pouting over not winning team MVP? I'd say he's permanently maturity challenged.

You can see from the Vince tweet that players are taking sides, that will continue in 2019.

I think the Steelers will have to accept the chaos until ABs cap hit becomes manageable. Hope there aren't any serious incidents and move him when they can. Unfortunately, that will likely eat into one of the few remaining yrs Ben has left.
    i can see this ending in a good way for all involved.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Watching AB play has been one of the greatest delights for Steelers fans. His work ethic is off the charts and his catching ability is amazing. But AB has become his own worst enemy. Like James Harrison did, AB is killing his own legacy. He is a player who is on schedule to be considered the greatest WR in Steelers history and probably one of the top 3 to ever play the game. He has been recognized league-wide, cover of Madden, and took the high road earlier in his career by reporting to camp when he deserved more money and the Steelers took care of him.

But fame and fortune have led to selfishness and jealousy. Did AB deserve to be recognized as team MVP? Probably, but his selfishness has worn on fellow teammates. Is it safe to say "business isn't boomin?"

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow, AB is a wonderful football player but a real pain in the ass. It is a shame
    for one of the greatest ownership's in all professional sports to have to put up with
    this bull****. What do you do with these prima donas making all this money? How if your a coach/
    management do you put up with these type of players? How? I am an antique and it is hard for
    me to comprehend what is wrong with him.

23. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Wouldn’t the top be Rooney?

Just watched comments from Ryan Clark that he predicted this from Brown the day he signed his contract.

Tomlin has his faults but he handled this the right way by benching Brown. If Tomlin was a “players” coach then he would have let Brown play. It sounds to me like the team isn’t a mess, they love JuJu and have galvanized with Brown on the outside. Bell and Brown are two of a kind it seems when it comes to ego and maybe it’s time for him to go.

24. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    He deserves a size 15 boot up his a$$ just like Lagarett Blount got.

This is inexcusable, out the door. ADIOS.

25. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    No excuse for his actions but my point is your supposed leader isn't committed to winning that's for sure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.