1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm late to this thread. Maybe this has all been said before. Forgive me if so. But...

Another reason to dispose of Tomlin. He has zero control of this team and there is no discipline whatsoever.

Of course we don't trade AB. Don't be an idiot. He's a once in a generation talent. But to let him get this far with his attitude is unforgivable. We've seen the cracks coming from a long way away, and Tomlin, as usual, just stands aside chewing his gum and wearing his shades.

Yeah, the league has seen prima donnas and head cases before. The good coaches/organizations still keep them focused. AB is NOT lazy. He works hard at his craft. But he needs someone to channel the crazy in him.

And our other veteran leaders need to step up too. Sit his ass down and ask him point blank: Do you want pretty stats and attention? Or do you want to ***ing WIN???

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

We dont know whappen through out the year man, we just know what is told to us and what we choose to believe, And i would bet my life through out the season teammates get into it more than once but that doesnt make that person a bad teamate... .. ...... I cant type worth a **** so im not going to repond to everyone that disagrees with me have a good nightnight

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    So we have players that we can't trade no matter how they act and coaches that we can't fire no matter how they perform and we wonder why the team is a mess?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Lol...Tomlin ain't giving no straight answers

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Damn Vince tell us how you really feel

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Under the authority of the NFL, he has zero choice in the matter. If not, those ramifications will be greater. Tomlin is going to have to face the proverbial music on this one. Why not just state it as a Coache's Decision is beyond me.

7. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Goodnight...I'm getting to drunk...Didn't mean to ruffle feathers, just frustrated like most...Just want TO WIN...****in Cheats, Rats...****in hate it...Ben is almost done...tired of " what could have been " over it!

Oh...HAPPY NEW YEARS...GO STEELERS!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Hope the reporters ask him ALL the tough questions...Not that it matters now!

9. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    So Vince basically confirmed the story. LOL.

AB's trade value just plummeted. If the Steelers look to trade him now no one is going to give a first or even a second for an expensive crybaby 31 year old problem child. The Steelers trying to claim this was some minor knee discomfort looks more like an attempt to protect his trade value than coddling him. Now that the story is out they're stuck with him unless they're willing to give him away for bag of old kicking balls.

Edit: Dez Bryant who is younger than AB was available for nothing and was a FA until week 9 this year. OK, so AB was a lot better than Dez, but the point is if teams didn't want that headache for nothing, ain't no way anyone is giving up a first or second for the headache that is AB.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I really didn't need to read this today. My weekend was already bad enough thanks to the Brown(s).

• Like Like x 2
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Theres been something going on for years with AB and seems to be getting worse. He's 30 years old, how many more good years does he have left? AB's not a prototypical WR, his route running and speed are is assets, those traits will fall off sooner rather than later. Why not get a first rd pick and whatever else they can muster for him now?

His attitude is only going to get worse. Ryan Clark has spoken at length about AB in the past and he's spot on, he's selfish and puts himself first.

AB is one of my favorite players on the team but he is becoming a cancer. Ray Fittipaldo touched on it in his chat today, AB's teammates aren't happy with him. Better to move this powder keg out of the locker room while you can still get a good return for him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well if that's the case its really sad that one of our supposed leaders can't muster up the gumption to practice the possible last Wednesday of the season. I'd be ticked the F off too.

13. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    If I had to guess who he is talking about, I’d say it was DeCastro who leaked the rift. I’m pretty sure he’s not a fan of how undisciplined the team is and I’m sure he’s in Ben’s corner on this. Can’t fault him in wanting to fix the team. There’s no chemistry or leadership. This Steelers team was s broken and needs help in a bad way. Such a waste of talent because of a few me first players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    https://www.steelers.com/team/injury-report/

15. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
  16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

As much as I would also like to get rid of Brown, here is the main issue:

*** Update***

Dave deleted the tweet. Not sure why. Cap hit is $21.1 Million. Not good. That is Pre-June 1st.

That is way too big a cap hit for us to absorb. Now, Post June 1st is another story. That being said, that also is too little, too late.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They forced New England to forfeit a draft pick due to deflate gate and I know the steelers had to forfeit a pick once because Dan Rooney promised a bonus to a linemen and it put them over the cap. So I think it is a league discretion thing. I can't think they would take it too kindly if the Steelers said he is injured and turned out he skipped team activities and was scratched as a punishment. Makes them look shady to boot and gives the appearance of maybe influencing the line too.

18. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I knew of those cases. I was rather asking in relations to the injury policy.

19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    L Bell talked about his hidden groin injury following the 2016/17 season, which lead to an NFL investigation.
    I don't remember any ramifications though (not to say there weren't any, I just don't remember).

20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Not for nothing but DD was the one who claimed the team was " sleepwalking ". If he wants to step up as a leader he should of started there. It was a long enough skid for him to step up and it was his OL that was a major culprit. Then again there was another one of his OL group that stated that losing was beneficial. I don't know what happened to our OL and the chip they were playing with but since the Bell saga officially ended they were never the same. I guess grudges are better motivation than winning.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    :facepalm:

Man oh man.... Wednesday's presser is going to be the most intriguing one in quite some time. The news just does not get any better. What a fitting end to the 2018 Steelers in the morbid sense.

22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Interesting because Ben is listed as a coaches decision not practicing Wednesday. So was Ben telling AB to re run a route while he stood on the sideline not even practicing? If I was in ABs shoes and my work ethic was what his is. I'd tell Ben to F off too.

23. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    There is no I in team. Steelers must get rid of all the cancers in the locker room or it will lead to another mediocre season next year. Plain and simple.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Lets not make AB a victim here. He's a prima donna jackass. Whats his excuse for disrespecting Art Rooney???

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Was thinking a trade plus draft picks to obtain the high draft pick, but yeah it would be tough to pry loose a high pick to get him. I suppose the situation would have to fall just right. Maybe something like the first or second pick in 2020 belongs to a team that had already drafted for their starting QB the previous year and were looking to trade down and you were fairly certain the other team in question is not drafting a QB. Something like that.

Regarding Rudolph. Usually you see some early clues in a QB that he is going to be special. Unfortunately Rudolph has not shown anything special. Also, it seems to me there is a reason high value QB tend to get drafted early in 1st round and are more likely to have a chance to be good or great starting QB`s. I think if the situation is right, we should go all out for a top 5 QB in 2020.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.