1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Maybe he’s really Drew Rosehaus?

2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Not at all. But did the team try to after he did that work things out with AB?

3. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    It's just the truth. You'd have a point if the team cut AB or traded him while he hadnt told them he wanted out.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Ah.. I see..

So AB is the "Tragic Hero" after all!! Should have known!

5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No hes not but how can you say what he did is the reason why this is going on when the team didnt say we are done with you because of that. AB choose to leave. The team didnt cut him or try to trade him to get rid of him. That's my whole point.

6. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    You’ve missed the point. Whatever his stated reason is for wanting out, I think his own internal issues are the real cause. He can talk about scapegoating, haters or whatever other BS he wants. The bottom line is he’s a mess. The evidence of his emotional volatility the past couple of years is clear. I don’t need to repeat any of it. By going this route, he gets to convince himself that he’s a victim and blame someone else for his own actions the last week of the season.

• Like Like x 1
  7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    But what did his own actions cost him? He was benched for the final game but that's it. I've never heard of anyone wanting out of a team because of what they themselves did. And I sincerely doubt that one last week is why he

8. Ryand877

Ryand877 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2018
  9. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
  10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm happy Antonio Shmuckatelli is leaving with Ward's team leading stats intact.

Whoever thought that would happen? Funny how the universe rights itself.

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Nobody is saying there weren't any issues in house that caused AB to behave the way he did, you're making that up. What we are saying is it DOESN'T MATTER! There is zero excuse, none, zilch for AB's behavior. I didn't see anyone else walk out on the team or cause all the problems he does and they don't even get preferential treatment like AB does.

Where are you getting this? Right after the season Rooney said its hard to see AB back next season, before AB ever made his trade demands. He pretty much sealed his fate quitting on the team and then blowing off the owner and coach.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Kevin Colbert just said he doesnt deem any relationship "irreparable". Also that's why Rooney wanted to meet with AB. To see what can be done. If AB wanted to mend fences and work things out he'd be back. He requested a trade and has made it clear he doesnt want to be back. The team was willing to work things out. Ab is not. He could still be in Pittsburgh going forward if he so choose. So that's why idk why anyone is bringing up bis actions. Just like leveon there are several other teams and fans clamoring for his services. Steelers aren't the only team in the NFL. Glad they are moving on from both and vis versa.

I've also never seen a player requests a trade to get away from a qb and AB is not the only WIDE RECEIVER to have problems with Ben. Two other pro bowlers who played for Pitt has. What receiver requested a trade to get away from Montana, Brady, manning, elway, brees etc.. what receiver left them and said now I'm playing with a "real leader" like sanders said. What WR wins a sb mvp with a qb but has nothing but bad things to say about him like ward did about Ben. Edelman has nothing but praise for Brady. Same for the guys in denver and indy for manning. Rice loves Montana. Everyone from denver loved elway. Etc.. . Only guy you can even say a similar situation happened with is Rodgers and Greg Jennings but difference is Greg Jennings wanted to be back in GB and they were the ones who GOT RID OF HIM. he didnt force a trade to try to get his way out. I've also never seen a qb finger point and blame coaches and teammates like Ben does. So there you have it for the I never seen anyone elses....

13. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Why? Because AB says so and because of the one time that Ben publicly called out AB (which he shouldn't have)?

Other than that one instance after the Denver game, what more evidence do you have that Ben has called out or been disrespectful toward AB? And I don't want to hear what past players have said about Ben's leadership abilities either. I want specific times that Ben has called out AB. If you can't give them and rely only on assumptions rather than facts, you're playing a he said/she said game and you're backing a proven mentally unstable narcissist in AB.

Did you watch ABs bizarre 9 minute Twitter clip? Do you see ANYTHING wrong with it, or do think that's normal and okay? Serious question.

After watching that, I can't help but wonder if a big part of Ben calling out AB has to do with years of mental abuse suffered at the hand of the unstable and volatile Brown, and he finally lashed out. If he's going to rant like that on Twitter, just imagine what it must be like behind closed doors, in the locker room. God knows what suffering Ben and the rest of the team must have been subjected to working with a guy like that.

And how valuable is ABs word when he says that Ben is disrespectful toward him? A malignant narcissist like Brown undoubtedly views ANY disagreement or constructive criticism as disrespect. I'd imagine something as simple as trying to work on timing on a play and Ben giving his input on something that Brown doesn't agree with is perceived as 'disrespect.'

Brown is a clown and responsible for 99% of what is going on. Good bye and good riddance. I can't wait for the meltdowns when some crappy QB is consistently missing him.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    My guess is that inquiries were happening already. Just very quietly.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats great but Colbert doesn't own the team, Rooney does and the writing was on the wall. The only reason Rooney met with him was to get his side of the story and tell him to stop being a dick if you want to be traded because we aren't cutting you or giving you away for nothing.

You don't flip off the owner of the team like AB did and expect to survive, doesn't mean diddley squat what AB wanted or didn't want after that.

I figured since you are making up your own story line I'd inject my version. Which is much closer to the truth I assure you.

Let me help you out again mr muddy waters, you do this all the time, none of that stuff you wrote has anything to do with anything. NO EXCUSE FOR AB BEHAVING THE WAY HE DID. Other than he is a whiny little diva punk. Clark nailed who he was years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So everyone including former STEELERS players are just talking about ben's leadership for no reason?

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Bingo. AB is a victim here though so don't expect a rational response to that fact.

18. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    If you don't get it, you never will.

19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Clark also said in that same exact interview BEN IS NOT A LEADER since you want to gold whatever he says as gospel. Also him being a "dick" means nothing. He can show up and be a dick and guess what? The team would still be forced to pay him. So idk what your point is in that with the whole they wont trade him for nothing thing. He wants to be trade yes but guess what if hes not the team is stuck with him just as much as he is.. they would be forced to keep what you all deem a "cancer" around. They would be forced to tolerate the actions Rooney said were not tolerable. So what's your point? And I've never seen a player have to publicly requests and trade and say publicly its "time to move on" from a team that doesnt want him back.

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You make no sense.

21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    You're saying the whole trade thing as if they are threatening him by say oh well we wont just give you away nor cut you. So if they dont give him away or cut him what will ultimately happen? They will be REQUIRED to pay what next yr for a year would be the highest base salary in the NFL for a wide receiver for a guy according to you and mr Rooney did something that was "unacceptable ". So you seriously think Rooney and co will want to keep him around and pay him just because they didnt get "high enough offers"? Explain how he loses here. He's still owed that money. Ain't like they can not pay him without cutting him or trading him.

22. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    At least it looks as if Pittsburgh is finally putting their foot down in this mess. It's been a game for far too long.

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    And when did he flip the owner of?

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    At this point, AB is trying to screw them so yeah, I'd screw him right back. You want out so bad, stop being a dick or you'll be in hell for another season. Steelers own his ass.

25. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So you think the steleers will pay him to sit at home? Because if he plays he will cause the team more harm than the team would cause him. With the way he and Ben seem to be theres NO WAY they could coexist on the team together AND be part of a winning environment. We'd really fall to the bottom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.