1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Why is what set AB off to ask a trade such a mystery?

What ever happened to this podcast where he tells all?

2. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Multilmillion dollars with fame coupled with a lack of maturity all got to his head. He's crazed off of self love and ego.

I seriously wonder what fan base actually wants him right now.

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Sanders did criticize AB for the way he acted around the time of the season finale against the Bengals.

4. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Mark Kaboly said he doesn't think AB reads his mentions on twitter, but AB has blocked some Pittsburgh media.

5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I was listening to the Dan Patrick show, and he said he talked to a NFL guy who said he thinks the best pick they would get for AB would be a 4th rd pick, eff that.

6. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah.
    The Owner is just gonna give him his wish and trade him?
    What's really going on here?
    How can a player just leave?
    Who's responsible for the player, oh yeah the Coach.

7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

If I'm the Steelers I take all trade possibilities off the table past round 2. Sadly, a couple weeks ago they could have probably received a top 12 but now he has ruined his own overall value.

Park him in Pittsburgh and let him wallow in his personal egotistic state.

8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well just because they work for a deal wouldn't mean the Steelers had to take it. If they work on a deal it could only help the Steelers as far as who might be interested. I am hoping that with this meeting going good that they have agreed to help each other on getting this done. I am still hopeful for the 1st pick of the 2nd round......:beg:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm still hopeful of a banishment to the AZ where he can throw fits because Larry is getting his touches

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He’ll be staying then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    But that's against the rules because he's a part of the brother club no? Hahaha it's really this simple, AB er I mean big chest or pigeon chest or whatever has **** the bed and has resorted to pointing fingers. Atleast the other troubled pricks he's mentioned had an excuse, beings they were chemically enhanced in one fashion or another. So far big blonde Stacie stache has not pissed hot so we have to settle for the fact that he's just a dolt through and through.

Im really tiring of the brother talk in all of the replies as I believe that a group of men working towards a common goal are according to the majority of their bantered selves, are considered a brotherhood. Didn't know it was an exclusive club corn ball,Uncle Tom or otherwise. **** is ridiculous and so is that line of thought.

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Nice post Brother!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    If he does get traded, I hope he goes on to have crappy seasons and fails to get to a Super Bowl or the Hall of Fame.

I'm seeing someone who could have handled things differently and showed up to work, but sat down behind closed doors to get what he wanted.

The fact that he thinks he has a brand outside of being a good football player is stupid. I heard him try to sing on The Masked Singer and I saw him try to dance on stage. Maybe rethink his position.

14. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Rooney has agreed to look for a trade but Brown and his agent do not have permission. Mmm. I`ll guess we will be hearing about low-ball unacceptable offers, then they will get upped, then finally about a week before the March deadline we get something like a 2nd and a 3rd round for Brown plus our 3rd from 49ERS.

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    FWIW I was just listening to Albert Breer on SiriusXM NFL radio on my way to work, and he’s still talking about a possibility of either Oakland or Green Bay trading a 1st for AB.

Let’s hope something like that is still possible.

16. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    If we want to speak about outside looking in I can bring up how almost every former player that has commented on this situation have all ridiculed Ben. I was strictly talking about people that talked about situations they experienced while playing for Pittsburgh. Sanders didnt say anything bad about AB during his tenure playing with him.

17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    The bell situation is different from AB. My support of his situation as I've stated is much deeper than football. My point about the AB situation is people act like nothing else happened and AB just crazily went off the rails. He does have problems but just because he has problems that doesnt means someone else also cant be in the wrong. TWO THINGS can be true. And I'm an NFL fan first like I've stated. I'll love, watch, and of course play the game regardless of the Steelers. They are still the team I'm a fan of but my fanaticism(I know it's not a word lol) is not the same as maybe some of you hear. And because those are 2 of the 5 best players in the world based on what their peers who play against them ranked them as. I would expect them to be at the top of the conversation lists.

18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    How when several players who played with Ben including someone like Heins ward all criticized Ben. Ben is just the saint and everyone else doesnt what they are talking about?

19. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    And I think that everyone agrees that both are at fault. You seem to be splitting the blame 90/10 that it Ben’s fault. Everyone else is 90/10 toward AB.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Last time I checked, Ben wasn’t the one who quit on the team. I don’t see anyone here calling him a saint, but to blame him for AB’s meltdown is BS. It’s interesting how AB quit right after JuJu was named team MVP.... hmmmm.

• Like Like x 2
  21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I do blame Ben more than AB for the dysfunction in the locker room. But did the steelees cut AB or did AB demand a trade from them? You'd have a point if it was like T.O and mcnabb were the team decided to cut bait with T.O.... AB is the one who wanted out had he decided to mend fences and come back I gurantee he would be back next yr. That's my point.

22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    You all aren't making any sense. Did the team come to AB due to his meltdown and say it's time for us to get rid of you? NO. He was the one who told them HE WANTED OUT. Even with AB doing all that the team was STILL WILLING to work things out. AB is the one that doesnt want to. And I blame Ben for that. I've never seen anyone do this to manning, Brady, Montana, brees, etc... not even Aaron Rodgers. The guy who talked bad about Rodgers was Greg Jennings and the team DIDNT WANT HIM BACK and cut him. He didnt ask to be out to get away from rodgers.

23. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    This is just as delusional and illogical of a rant as Mr. Big Chest’s rant on the elliptical machine yesterday. So delusional and illogical that there’s no way to even respond.

24. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Right? The only reply is-

:roflmao:

or

WTF?

But, I've become convinced this guy is just trolling. I guess because I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

What intriguies me is that AB is still the good guy in all of this. I suppose quitting on the team must make him some sort of hero right?! That is what I have been picking up these last few pages anyway. :lolol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.