1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Francoboy

Francoboy Active Member

Dec 5, 2017
    Sad. Allegations that never came with evidence to charge. That DA in Midgeville would have loved to charge him if he could have.
    Maybe Ben should start liking comments about all AB's crazy antics. But Ben is not on social media. Good for him.
    Speaking of liking comments, I am a little surprised to see current Steeler players liking some of AB's posts.

• Like Like x 1
  2. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    If im Art I give AB 2 options.

1: we can get together, work this out and Art needs to make sure no special treatment for Ben or AB no matter what.

2: You don’t wanna play here. Fine we’ll listen to offers but I’m not eating 20mil for any less than a first. So your agent better come correct or there’s no moves. If you wanna sit out that ok. Well comb through every bit of your contract and get back what we can. You wanna leave then your Agent needs to find a deal we’re happy with or no dice. Start looking

So we can drag this on or put the bull**** aside.

Steelers can’t give in to these demands from AB.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I think the only reason Brown is meeting with Rooney is because he ultimately decides his fate. It's a completely selfish move.

If he'd have any concern of reconciliation, he would have reached out sooner. I wonder how many gold chains that Rooney basically provided for him he's going to walk in the room with.

Time to take out the trash. Send him to the Bills.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017

They'll have to secure the furniture in place to the floor. :roflmao:

I have full confidence in Art Rooney. I don't have full confidence in Antonio Brown. Rooney will make the right decision for the franchise. Those that don't approve of him can find another team because he and his family are the Steelers.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    He had about 60 catches and 1 TD over the course of 2 injury filled seasons. That release is no big surprise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    These players have no idea how good they have it. Ben has had his moments of saying things that weren't ideal, but the fact he doesn't post on social media speaks for itself.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Jimmy G gotta throw to somebody

8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    True, but regardless of the AB situation, I don't think Jimmy G was going to be throwing to Garcon. Releasing him probably did free up some cap space/money though.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Wow, just wow. What. A. Dick.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    not if we tag him again..

11. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    AB is doing everything he can to force a trade. From liking Ben rape tweets to saying goodbye to steeler fans to publicly campaigning for the 49ers. Although AB is doing a great job drivin* his price down, I think owners will still be interested. They just can’t publicly say anything b/c he’s still under contract. I’m sure things will get warmed up when GMs get together during the combine. I can’t be sure, but I still believe AB’s agent still hasn’t been given permission to seek a trade. I think after he meets Rooney in FL, a clear decision will be made.

After hearing about Jarvis Landry and Jamaal Adams’ openly talking about bringing in both AB and Bell.
    Isn’t this tampering? Bell technically isn’t under contract, but I think it’s clearly effecting AB’s view of the situation and how he handles himself. IMO, this is exactly why there are anti-tampering rules.

I remember a year ago, the NBA warning Lebron and other players about tampering rules. You can’t recruit players who are in a contract with another team. Why doesn’t the NFL step in? Am I missing something?

Looking for some perspective.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Most of these former players turned analysts always side with the player in these situations, and the analysts on FOXSports they suck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The NFL can't do anything about players trying to recruit other players, it's only tampering when a member of the front office does it.

14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    AB sure is trying to burn bridges to force his way out of Pittsburgh.

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That's been updated.

16. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    People's stupidity becomes exhausting. The same people against the franchise tag for Bell are the same ones for a trade for Brown.

So the Steelers are the devil when they tag a player in a situation THEY AGREED TO with the union contract making them one of the highest paid players at their position, but players can leave whenever they want after being offered big time deals with guaranteed money with no consequences for them.

In any other situation a 3 year contract is a 3 year contract. You can't just walk out of the deal without succumbing to costly penalties.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    It's a little late for "showing respect". Unfortunately this meeting has nothing to do with that. Brown realizes that ultimately Rooney can make the rest of his career a living nightmare if he wasn't as nice as he is.

I'd send his ass to the worst possible team just to prove a point. Despite public opinion, Brown has no say in where he may end up. But Rooney will be nice enough to attempt to accommodate him if the return investment is worthwhile. Not that Brown deserves it. Brown doesn't deserve this meeting.

• Like Like x 1
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Sort of. We can tag him.

19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm always leery of "sources say", which is stated in both of Rap's AB/Rooney tweets. Aside from that, I don't know what to think of any of this. It brings me sadness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Yeah it sucks. Brown could have handled this a lot better. Every job has it's issues, but deal with it like a man and communicate. I have a very high index of suspicion that Brown will ultimately end up regretting this decision.

Don't be down though the Steelers will overcome a couple egotistical me-type players as they've always had. I will get a kick out of seeing the decline of both Le'veon Bell and Antonio Brown. How many players did great in the Burgh to go on to other teams to be not so great or even cut. Plenty. Meanwhile James Conner will take over the rock and Ju Ju will be the #1.

and time for others to step up like James Washington.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ah, ok, thought he was blowing off the meeting. That Colin Dunlap tweet showed up on my timeline after, didn't notice the time stamp.

22. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The young guys who have been producing (or showing potential) keep my hopes alive.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If AB did blow off a meeting with Rooney, I could see that rubbing other NFL owners the wrong way.
    Either way, none of this info is confirmed outside of 'sources' (that I've seen), so it's just more speculation.

24. Steelerway8511

Steelerway8511 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2018
    Read something pretty interesting yesterday. AB has never caught a TD pass from anyone else other than Ben. Found it interesting considering Ben has missed some time over the last 9 years.

• Informative Informative x 1
  25. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    And he was due some sort of roster bonus...nothing to see there

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.