1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I'm with everyone here.

The man signed a record breaking contract at the time of signing. The Steelers trusted in him.

"Brown, who turns 31 on July 10, is due salaries of $12.625 million in 2019, $11.3 million in 2020 and $12.5 million in 2021."

He has no guaranteed money left on his contract. Trading Brown after June 1 would allow the Steelers to spread the cap hit over multiple years, according to ESPN's Dan Graziano -- $9.54 million in 2019 and $14.08 million in 2020."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25980659/wide-receiver-antonio-brown-asks-steelers-trade

Yes that's a cap hit of

$9,540,000 for 2019 and
    $14,080,000 for 2020

These are big boy numbers for big time men given big time contracts. So it's time to HONOR the contract. Or not and SUFFER for not doing so.

IMO. Why should the Steelers suffer because of Antonio Brown's negligence?

2. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Actually no they do have a choice. Brown is under contract. Like any job, there are conduct policies EVERYONE has to adhere to (meetings, practice, etc).

Simply start penalizing him for not complying up to including suspensions. This is a job. One in which he gets paid very handsomely for.

Suspensions without PAY is a nice way to change behavior. Set a standard of behavior for all players, and then hold them accountable when they do not adhere to them.

Or he could holdout all year if he'd like. He's in no position to be demanding anything.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    AB didn't show up to court for his drag race through Pittsburgh...Looks like he's going from " boomin " to " Uberin "...Or he could just helicopter around

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    And what if he comes to all of the meetings and practices but talks a lot in the locker room and on social media?

I know, thats conduct detrimental to the team. Or is it? The union would surely file a grievance on his behalf and create an even bigger distraction.

TABI

6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Yeah let me know how that works out. :lolol::roflmao::lolol:

Some of you guys just don't get it. Guys like AB and Bell are never going to do what they are supposed to do. They will continue to find unique ways to be a problem. I stick by what I wrote. AB being traded is now a foregone conclusion.

7. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    They're not gonna give him 12 million a year to just " stay away " from the team, and send a message

8. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Yeah they will bow to his demands.

it is funny how players complain about a franchise tag but then things don't work the other way when they don't want to honor their multimillion dollar contract that comes with cap hits.

Agreed they will not do the right thing.

Maybe someone should write Le'veon a memo this is exactly why it's not a good idea to give these players so much guaranteed money.

9. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    So Brown sees how hated Bell was and said "Nope. I'll be damned if anyone is going to be better than me at anything. I should be the most hated player on the team! It's all about me!"

10. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    I dont disagree with you in that they need to trade him BUT it's gotta be on their terms and for the right price. Your statement reads as if the league is riddled with these guys. There is No other team that is having this type of issue. Why ? Because most teams don't allow behaviour like this to move past 1 incident. We can sit here all night and debate why or who has allowed this to reach this point but the point is this type of behaviour cannot go on. So how does the behaviour get corrected and prevented ? You don't give in to it. Precedent must be set. He's on contract so It's pretty simple really. Rooney and Tomlim and Colbert meet with Antonio and say the following

Here is how this is going to work son. If you want to be traded, you're going to be at every meeting, every practice, every game and you're going to play ball on until we get an offer that we feel is best for us. Until then if you don't comform you'll be suspended without pay and fined by the team and we will be happy to deactivate you for every game for the remainder of your contract. How's business now son ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    20190212_152304.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    No way. Ben made AB the stat monster he is. He will be sending JuJu to the probowl for the next few years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Gronk

14. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I don't think Marsha can throw deep accurately any more.

15. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

You’re comparing apples and oranges. Brown is under contract Bell was not.

16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    He never could. That's why he'll never be the GOAT to me. Well one of the reasons.

17. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I still think we will get a 1st rounder for AB. Lots of time left.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Did you see the preview against cincy? Even juju will tell you differently ... lol

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    According to this we save 1 million by trading him.
    Don’t see how this keeps him from going anywhere?
    We have to absorb the cap hit whether he’s on the team or not.

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He could when he had Randy Moss :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Only if New England gave the Steelers half of their 12 draft picks.

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The Steelers aren't going to eat AB's contract just to sit him on the bench and punish him. You're not changing the culture of this team unless you cut out the cancer.

Once they get rid of the problem players, it's up to Tomlin to start treating everyone equally. He created this situation and only he can fix it by changing how he coaches.

It's too late to rehabilitate AB, let him go be someone else's headache and start fresh with the rest of the players in this locker room.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m kinda done with Ben too lol don’t get me wrong I will still appreciate him while he’s here but we won’t win another sb with tomlin and Ben winning 9-10 games costing us draft position

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I know this won't be popular but I figure we're probably two games worse without AB. There will be a drop off. You just don't simply replace guys like AB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I know teams don't like to air out their issues in public but man, I would really like an explanation from management explaining what happened. Lots of us invest so much time, money and energy in our teams, it would be nice if they just gave us the straight goods. Love AB, now he pulls this stuff, says he doesn't want to be the scapegoat for them losing anymore, what gives? Who ever called him out except for BB that time AB went off on the gatorade jug or the Denver play. Just tell us already what the hell happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.