1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Because he's a ****in baby...That's why

2. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    If you're going to play that card,play it both ways...A 36 year old QB...Marsha is 40..
    1 legit WR...Some teams have zero, and haven't had one in years...
    Unproven RB? Really., I think he proved!
    Aging OL...Still one of the best...AV, Feiler, DeCastro are not old...
    Aging DL...Still very good
    DB...I will give you, must improve there and I think/ hope we will...With the draft and some salary cap room...
    I don't buy that this team is in rebuild mode yet

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Did you really just post insinuating that Bell is a reliable player...He has missed EVERY big game we needed him in...Always hurt...And that's not even counting the suspensions and a holdout!

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    And in Bell's most recent season he played 16 games. Conner did not. And no I look at history FOR EVERYONE IN EVERY ARGUMENT. I dont in one only use one season and then another try to use history. Because if that's the case ben isnt even in mahomes class. Hes never came close to his numbers and win a mvp nor ever been first team all pro.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Correct he did. But FOR THE MOST PART all I hear people talk about when comparing bell and conner is what bell did in his last season. Not Bell's whole career. So I wasnt factoring that in since I see most people here not and only factoring in "what has he done lately".. I was using the narrative I saw people on this board using when trying to compare conner and bell:shrug:

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I always have to do this with you and clean up because your shtick is muddying the waters.

Fact: Conner was producing at the same level as Bell was.

Fact: Both players have had their seasons shortened.

7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Fact: Bell has played a 16 game season.

Fact:conner never has.

And no I don't. But man I cant wait for mahomes hall of fame induction according to you.

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You do and still are. Mahomes? Why is he even in the discussion.

I'm talking about production, isn't that what its all about in the end? I could care less if Bell is better or not.

Do you really think the teams that win the SB are the ones that always have the most talented players?

9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't like comparing, but you picked the one team who's success no one has an answer for (NE).
    As far as the Steelers:
    A team that passes 40+ times a game has to have legit receivers.
    Conner looked great, but 1 partial season doesn't prove anything really. Especially when it comes to RB's. I want him to be great and I think he will be, but he needs another season under his belt before we really know what we have.
    AV will be 31 this season, Decastro is 29, Pouncey will be 30 (and mentions retirement every chance he gets).
    Dline is probably okay age-wise, but Cam is 30 this season, and he's kinda the backbone.
    I've said JuJu is probably a legit #1, but we don't know that until we see it, and even with (essentially)two #1 receivers this team missed the playoffs. I don't see things improving with AB gone. To me, he's the difference between possible contender, or time to rebuild.

10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If I'm wrong at my job, people could be hurt or possibly killed, so I don't mind be wrong (in your opinion) on a football message board.;+)

• Like Like x 1
  11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Technically we aren't in a rebuild but this team has 1 or 2 at the most,years to put it all together. I say more so 1 because I think Tomlins best chance to turn things around is this year. Without or hopefully with AB this has a slim chance of being a " us against the world" rallying cry for both players and coaches. I don't think Tomlin goes into 2020 as a lame duck coach on his last contract year. So he other gets a extension based on his success in this upcoming season or the change should be made.

IMO we are a couple pieces away talent wise especially with AB. Unfortunately I don't have the faith in this coaching staff to suddenly become better at preparation,scheme,accountability,discipline and all the other intangibles required to be a legitimate SB contender. Honestly a part of me is looking forward to saying goodbye to some of these guys and welcoming what hopes to be a more " fan friendly" team.

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Other than NE? Yes.. They are an anamoly though they have had Arguably the best qb to ever play for their entire run so there's that.

13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    His teammates have publicly said they want him back. That he alienated some fans is irrelevant and it will pass the moment he starts making plays for the team again. The owner has kept the door open to fixing things and we really haven't heard a direct answer from Tomlin.

If they can't get fair value for him in a trade, they need to keep him. If Tomlin can't make that work, he needs to go. It's that simple.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Daaaaaaaamn! Look at the replies and views of this thread. This thread is BOOMIN!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Bell does have longevity and a more proven track record , no doubt...But he should...Basically a 1st round pick, who's been here longer

16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bell is washed up. No more probowls, no more 1000 yard seasons, a liability to whomever he signs with. You heard it here first.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    This team (under Tomlin) seems to be immune to rallying cries and wake up calls. Just more of the same mistakes, over and over.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Facts. Somebody here with some objectivity.

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    So basically you are justifying posting :poopy: because you are mimicking someone else who posted :bscow:. Yeah, you are going to do well in life with that approach.

This is why the little kids table exists at thanksgiving.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :facepalm:

21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Just facts. Look at all the sb teams.

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    That certainly wouldn't be you. You can't even admit that Conner put up the same kind of production as Bell.

I should clarify and say the team with the most star players which is what I was referring too since we were talking about star players (Bell/AB) but even from a talent standpoint, doesn't always work out that way. And no, you don't get to omit NE just because it doesn't support your argument. They've represented too many SB's to be omitted.

Eagles more talented than NE and won.
    Atlanta more talented than NE and lost.
    Denver and Carolina, probably equal. Denver more talented on defense, Panthers more talented on offense. Denver won.
    Seattle more talented than NE and lost
    49ers more talented than Ravens and lost
    Giants less talented than NE (NE's 16-0 season) and won
    GB and Steelers, pretty equal, GB won
    Saints more talented than Colts, Saints won
    Steelers more talented than Cardinals, Steelers won
    Giants less talented than NE, Giants won

I'm not going to run down the entire SB history. Point has already been made, the results would vary all the way through. Most talented team doesn't always win and certainly the team with the most star players doesn't always win.

• Like Like x 1
  23. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Bringing AB back would be a mistake. He quit on his team before a must win game. And he has not shown the slightest remorse for that. He doesn't think he's done anything wrong. If he comes back, in these circumstances, he'll have successfully played Tomln and Art II as fools. And the circus ratchets up another notch.

So fair return? If the whole league knows the Steelers have to deal him, and knows that he's an aging WR with disruptive habits. The Steelers are not dealing from a position of strength. Suppose all you get offered is a 2nd round pick? Deal him or not? I think if that's the best offer you have to take the hit and deal him. He can't stay, without some admission of fault that almost certainly isn't coming.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    deal AB

( with Eli Rogers healthy AB is on the trading block)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  25. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Ok count NE. They have the best coach ever and to some the greatest player ever. That's something really no one could replicate. At times they have had talent. Gronk is the most dominant tight end in NFL history. They have had in their past top level elite players. They just dont keep them around that long lol. Let's go down that sb line.

Philly had more talent

Atlanta did have more talent.

Denver had the better talent on offense and defense. Cam newton that yr was just on another level. You'd take ginn and philly brown over demaryius thomas and Sanders?

I do NOT Think Seattle was more talented it was a push. NE had the 3 best players in that game. Brady, gronk, and revis. The talent was about even Seattle didnt have a strong offense just wilson and lynch. Pats had a very good defense that year and offense.

49ers and ravens. Even matchup. Ravens had several hall of famers on that defense still playing at a high level. Ray Lewis with arm was averaging like 12 tackles a game. Phenonmenal.

2011 giants and Pats were even.

2010 I thought GB was the better team.

2009 saints and colts were pretty even tbh but I'd give the nod to saints they had the better defense.

2008 Steelers were better overall but the cards were stacked on offense.

2007 the giants were vastly at a disadvantage talent wise. Though highly underrated when you look at that roster they had some very good players.

2006 colts were by far better. Wasnt even close.

2005 Steelers were far better than the Seahawks.

Eagles and Pats would favor eagles if T.O was fully healthy but since he wasnt even.

I can keep going but historically speaking the team with the better talent has pretty much won. If the teams are pretty evenly matched then the better coached team normally wins in that particular game. It's why the nfc completely just dominated the AFC in sbs for all those years in the 80s and 90s. Nfc was just the far better conference in terms of talent. In the nfc you had in the 80s the 3 best players in the nfl all in the NFC. Montana, rice, and Lawrence taylor.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.