1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Calling ANYONE out in terms of football as a qb is BAD. And he was appointed as the leader by the franchise. That does not make him one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, it was corny. I remember him saying it in post game interviews all the time, and I rolled my eyes too. The message was good though.

3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Still looks better than bell did on those jet skis

4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Ab can take that tweet and shove it up his ass

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Crap, he’s starting to look like me. Other than the fact I’m old, short and white.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I disagree. I get called out at work for not meeting standards as everyone else. A nonleader says nothing and plays politics, and to say he does not point the finger at himself is incorrect. Many times he's said this. I don't have to pull up the various interviews to demonstrate it.

The players believe in Ben coming back and winning the game which means it's not a politically assigned position to him.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I understand your points. What the ex players were saying is that Ben basically has autonomy when it comes to talking in the locker room or in the media. Meaning the franchise takes Ben’s side of a story over AB or any of the other players and that’s what frustrates AB the most. Again that’s what the ex players are saying not me.

As I said in my other post I know for a fact AB is not without fault. He’s definitely a diva, but I’m saying so is Ben. Definitely not to the extent of AB, but he still is. I definitely agree with your point of the leaders of the team getting along no matter what their are differing opinions are.

8. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Youre in the NFL?

9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Do you have a job?

10. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    People at work will rub heads at times especially the more they are around each other. That's the game of life. It doesn't surprise me that two alpha dogs are butting heads at times. Neither one is absolved entirely just like any relationship that's heading south.

So the issue is effective communication, something in which Brown has dropped the ball. He didn't do so, so as in anything like this it has erupted over.

People will be A__ holes in life. It's how people respond to it that defines them. Brown's not doing such a great job at the moment. His character is really showing through now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Anyone see the clip on AB84's twitter about him doing a workout with Kyler Murray? Seems to me he's auditioning for other teams, not trying to mend matters in his current one. Not sure when the video was taken, but he didn't seem to be nursing any kind of injury.

12. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We have to be the joke of the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Who in the organization calls BB out? 16 INTs?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    People like you continue to use this number out of context. Roethlisberger also led the NFL in passing attempts with a career-high 675. While throwing more passes than he had ever thrown in a single season in his career, Roethlisberger's percentage of passes intercepted was actually the lowest it had been since 2014. In 2018, 2.4 percent of his passes were intercepted, down from 2.5, 2.6 and 3.4 the previous three seasons. He also led the league in completions and yards, both career highs, while throwing a career-high 34 touchdowns.

In short, Roethlisberger was right where he has been most of his career. He was a step behind the true elite quarterbacks like Mahomes, Brees and Brady, but still among the top 10 and still the primary reason the team was in contention for the playoffs.

The guy has some serious flaws, but as always, it is important to keep them in perspective. He certainly didn't help the Brown situation, but the primary blame for that mess lies with Antonio Brown himself.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

He ain't lying, the offense struggled without AB against the Bengals in the season finale.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Brown needs to go regardless. Pittsburgh needs to move on. The damage is done. There really is no going back.

Brown staying will yield catastrophic repercussions. The biggest losers are both JuJu and Washington. Who knows what they will be like even if Brown retires a Steeler on good terms by then?

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I hear ya. We will be bad without him but we can’t keep doing this stuff with him either. It’s time for tomlin to accept he will have a losing record lol

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I have to wonder if AB was pissed after the New Orleans game, he was dominating in the second half, then Ben goes to JuJu and he fumbles on the last drive.

19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

No doubt we will miss him for certain. AB has shown the ability to create something from nothing and construct nothing then create something. Some of todays best receivers only has possession of one of these traits. AB has both. Even among the greatest ever Wide Receivers, sans Jerry Rice, I have never seen anyone of his caliber. Not Randy Moss. Not Terrell Owens. Nobody.

That stated, AB is a far greater risk towards the team as a whole due to the circumstances of not just him but today's society. People do not understand that Wide Receiver is a dependant position. Receivers naturally want their touches to increase their teams chances of winning. However, due to both the age of Social Media and rise of Fantasy Football, narcissism is becoming more and more rampant; this season for AB being the apex of it all.

In conclusion? AB has got to go. It pains me to say it as well the same. He is destined for Canton when it is all said and done no less. However and, has it always has been for the Steelers, the Steelers have to protect their present and future. AB is now a lethal poison who can cause irreparable damage to both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I would miss my right arm if it was cut off. But if my right arm has cancer that will spread, and can’t be cured, I will cut off my right arm.

• Winner Winner x 2
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    But wouldn't you try chemotherapy first?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Wont ever be the same without your right arm. That would handicap you.

23. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

What would that yield?!

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Chemotherapy does have a history of being helpful in beating cancer.

Actually, I was just playing into his metaphor.

25. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I know this won't be popular with some but oh well here it goes. I want to say this whole AB thing is bad and yeah AB has handled it wrong. However I am not sure I am ready to give AB what he "wants" with a trade. At what point does anyone else not want to be here and demands a trade, do we give right in? We are coming off the Bell deal where the Steelers stuck to their guns and for the most part it worked out. We are on a total downfall from what was once a proud franchise. Players, coaches and owners all share a roll and trading AB cause he says he wants out will encourage more of that IMO.

I am not saying we should or shouldn't trade him I am just saying/asking if we do will that open the flood gates for every unhappy player......Mr. Burnett??? Also I will add while I love the history and tradition of our Steelers I feel like that has gone away some. The days of players being loyal and staying with a team are gone, the days of guys taking less just to stay are mostly gone. This world is changing, the game is changing this isn't the football many of us loved in the 70' & 80's. Social media and the internet have given up so much more access to the players and teams. Us as fans hear much more than we did in the past, some of it true some of it not. That is where we are heading and AB isn't the first to act out vs their team and sure won't be the last.

What I do know is we are a better team with AB and that is 100% fact. AB is one of if not the best WR's in the game and while I don't accept what he has done I also don't accept losing. If we trade him so be it I am fine with that and understand but if he stays he has a lot of mending of fences to do IMO. Either way I root for the Steelers to win and AB gives us a better chance when he is on the field......however he is making a proud franchise look bad right now. I guess what I am trying to say is I totally understand both sides of the coin here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.