1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Two things went Awry with AB.. too much internet social media and too much money.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

AB had red flags all the way back to college. It sounds like it was all minor in nature, but the flags were there. I saw a few things I didn't like even before the facebook live incident. Small tantrums on the side line or field when something didn't go his way. It doesn't sound like he quickly went off the rails, it sounds like it's always been there a little bit, but has slowly gotten worse and worse. As always, we don't hear about most of it. The Steelers try to keep things in house and quiet. So once we do hear about something, you know it's gotten bad.

3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Ryan clark reported before all that AB was this way. He thought the steelers shoulda have never even paid him that 40 million extension.

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He was wrong about that last bit. That was before the 2017, when Brown was once again the best wide receiver in the game and one of the top 20 or so players in the league. He wasn't quite at that level in 2018, but he was still an elite receiver.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    i know i know let me answer this one lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I agree he was wrong. Ab deserved imo to get more than what he got considering what his contemporaries got but that's a whole another issue. On the point at hand, I was just pointing out that it was reported that AB had problems well before the facebook live.

8. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    He was uncoverable in that game, dude.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Apparently, you and many others already forgot how bad the offense looked without Brown against arguably the worst defense in the league that day.

You certainly didn't notice as he caught 104 passes for 1,297 yards and 15 touchdowns in 15 games this season.

I get the frustration with Brown, but those questioning his productivity have allowed their hate to push all reason out of their minds.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Apparently you didn’t read my comment very well.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Just imagine how good he could have been with his head screwed on right.

What ticks me off is both Brown and Bell have lowered their value by their behavior and how ever it works out the Steeler's will not get full value.

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Well they cant get anything for bell really. They can get something for AB though.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I read it just fine. That speaks to his behavior and lack of commitment to the team, which is a serious issue. It does not speak to his productivity.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Before that game against the Bengals, when had his attitude interfered with his play? I don't think we saw anything less than the best of Brown, but that was the best receiver in the game for a while.

15. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I have to disagree a little bit.

There were certain games ( ok most games ) where he was engaged and played like the best WR in the NFL but if he was not getting the ball Brown played some games where it looked like he had lost a step and wasn't getting the separation he normally did.

Some games I thought maybe he has lost a step and this is the beginning of the decline but the next week he would be himself again. I don't know whats going on in his head but if we could all watch every game again and look for tendencies it might be more noticeable that Brown seemed to going through the motions some games or maybe just a few plays.

Even in his best games he didn't have those big eye popping numbers like 9 catches for 180 yds.

Maybe its how they used him with too many of those stupid bubble screens for 2 yds .

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He wasn’t very productive that game. That is all I said. It was a correct statement. No more. No less. It was that simple.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Second round picks?? Just read an article on CBS sports where they were talking about trades involving second round picks (no player involved) No first round pick trades we're posited.

Gotta say that would SHOCK me.

18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    1 game is too small a sample size. I can find many others game where AB played and the offence looked putrid. AB is clearly a great WR, but teams can win without a top 3 WR, they do it all the time. In fact, the last 2 Superbowl winners didn't have jack crap at WR

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Wouldn’t surprise me. The longer his silence drags out the more leverage the Steelers lose.

That being said, it only takes two egotistical NFL execs that think they can fix him to drive up the price.

20. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I personally would love for a miracle to happen and they somehow patch it all up but your points are valid

21. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The offense literally didn’t know AB wasn’t playing till right before game. They were in scramble mode most of the day. Ben even illuded to that post game w who was the “x” in different plays because AB is always there etc.. The offense will be good with a whole year to prepare without AB. Play to their strengths and I feel a better team because the selfishness is out of it. Will it be more explosive? Probably not. But I feel it will be just as good if not better. Go Steelers!

22. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Apparently ab unfollowed the Steelers on Twitter and Instagram.. It's amazing that this is news.. God I hate today's day and age

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Hypothetical. Suppose that Juju decides to study Tibetan philosophy and forego his football career, and Brown has burned his bridges and must be dealt. The Steelers still imagining themselves as contenders want a top WR for the offense in Ben's final year. Now suppose, Julio Jones has a falling out in ATL and is available in trade.

Would you, Steeler Nation, spent a 1st round pick to get him?

If the answer is 'no, that's too much!' Then I ask why would you expect to get a 1st rounder for AB?

24. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Good point....Confucius says AB in the hand may be worth only a 2 in the draft....

25. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Confucius was wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.