1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You failed to realize why he practiced on the Wednesday before the Carolina game, because it was a Thursday game and the team's practice schedule was condensed due to the short week. It is yet another flaw in your argument. Now you don't even get it after I laid it out for you. Apparently you just can't keep up.

We're both trying to back our opinions up with facts. I'm just doing a much better job of it.

I really don't care if my choice of words rubs you the wrong way. I was simply pointing out how careless you were with your words. Please note that I kept my mind open to the possibility that you didn't realize the implication of your words, which clearly was the case.

I don't need Roethlisberger's medical files to know he played with bruised ribs after the Oakland game. It is ridiculous to expect the team to change the practice routine to give him more work while he was playing through an injury.

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    In regards to the colored portion he was not careless with his words or not realizing the implication of them. When someone on this board shares their background and upbringing it is meant as a frame of reference in order to help others understand where some of the poster's thinking comes from. Much like Stealdeal I was raised in a blue collar family, my Dad was a blue collar worker from PA the way my grandfather raised him, so much so that when he took a job at the University of North Dakota in the facilities department and his boss gave him 8 hours of work that was to be stretched for the 40 hr work week he didn't not comprehend that. He asked again what he should do when the job was done and his boss told him sit around and take lots of breaks. My dad couldn't do that it wasn't who he was, he found things that needed doing and did them. I have been at my job for almost 10 years and the last few have been stressful because I have been frustrated and haven't been giving it my best for the first time in my adult life and it eats away at me. So when someone shares that background as a basis for why they feel AB or Ben or anyone else should show up, shut up and practice whether they are given the day off or not, it is not an attempt at class warfare or to throw shade at you for not having a blue collar upbringing or to say that someone isn't part of the group or understand because of how they were raised. It is to say this is why we think the way we do, this is why players like Heath Miller, Rosie Nix, James Conner, AV and so on strike a cord with so many of us because they approach the game in a way that we would.

I don't know you beyond your posts so I am not sure if you have been made the target of such class warfare remarks or made to feel that you didn't do an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. If you have I'm sorry that it happened to you. I really shouldn't speak for Stealdeal but in this instant I have to believe he is saying that you won't see eye to eye not because you weren't blue collar enough or somehow fell short but because when you have that upbringing, that foundation for who you are, seeing AB's actions, Bell's actions and yes even Ben it bothers you and while an open mind can say yes you have some very good points and I am happy to discuss them, the part of me that is my father's son and my grandfather's grandson can not stomach some of what these men do and won't ever feel different about it.

That is all I wanted to say. Happy New year and I hope the offseason brings many an interesting topic that moves beyond us trying to argue about the benefits of no practice light practice or Ben scribbling in the dirt.

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    And you're never careless with your words? Never right? I told you the word "whining " offended me yet you used it twice against me after the fact. You don't care if your choice of words rubs me the wrong way? But I'm supposed to give as **** about you? Do me a favor and just butt out of my posts. I don't know how you were raised but it's clear you were never taught how to talk to people or you just decided to be a ass all on your own. I don't have time for condescending hypocrites like you.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I would think that is the arrangement as well. I highly doubt Ben couldn't make a strong suggestion if he really wanted to play. Either PS or practice....

5. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I really appreciate everything you said and you are spot on.I was in no way implying anything and just like you said I was explaining where my thought process comes from. He knows that as well but he's just trying to make something out of nothing to make me look bad. I've never had a discussion or made a single remark about his upbringing so like I said he's creating drama where there is none. He accused me of " whining in a post just because I was voicing my opinion. There is no reason to talk down to people like that especially hiding behind a keyboard. I told him I was bothered by his use of the word and he threw it in my face in two corresponding posts. I can tell you now he wouldn't talk to me like that to my face. That's not a opinion ....that's a fact. I am a nice guy and I give everyone respect until they show that they don't deserve it. I get along with everyone here and I review all my posts before I post them to check for spelling errors and to make sure I'm not coming across as a know it all and not using words that may be offensive. I've had moments where I realized after the fact that I may have been a little harsh in a exchange but I always make sure to apologize or end the conversation on good terms.
    He knew the word " whining " was bothersome to me and he purposely used it against me again to be a smart ass. Like I said I get along with everyone here and I am courteous to everyone whether I agree or not. Im always open to a opinion different than my own and I don't disrespect people trying to express it.
    I'm not the only one he has problems with. There are others that stay clear because of the reasons I gave you. When someone here continually has problems with others. Maybe that person is the problem...

6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Ryan Clark even said Ben is not a leader. He is not absolved from criticism he is part of the problem as well. Saying things like " I should have thrown to juju 100 times" when he knows that's a cryptic dig at AB is not good leadership. You'd never ever hear the montanas, bradys, mannings, brees etc and QBs of that elk saying things like that. But he Is far more important than AB is so you live with it. AB doesn't see that though.

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    His post suggested that his upbringing gave him some level of understanding that I lack, which is utter garbage. Perhaps he did it unintentionally, but that was the implication. I am certainly open to the possibility that it was unintentional, but that goes to being careless with his words.

My father came from nothing. His mother died when he was 13 and his father was a WWII veteran who suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder. My father still built his own successful contracting business. I learned plenty about hard work growing up in that family. Miller, Conner, Nix and Villanueva strike the same chord with me and I'm certainly no fan of Roethlisberger as a human being. That said, I also dedicated a large portion of my adult life to journalism, which learning the importance seeing past my biases to consider situations with some objectivity. It is a perspective he clearly lacks regarding Roethlisberger.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I didn't presume to read your mind and I absolutely resent your assertion that I made something up to start trouble. Let me be clear. I don't care enough about the opinion of anybody here to lie. My integrity is worth more than that. If you say you didn't mean it that way so be it. I'll accept your word on that, though clearly you were careless with the implication of your words.

Please don't make things up about me, which is exactly what you did in this post. That you don't like how I post does not give you the right to your odd little conspiracy theory about me. I wrote what I honestly think. The rest is you just being thin-skinned.

And your claim about what I wouldn't say to your face is utterly ridiculous. One of the best compliments I've ever received from a boss was at my last job, when I earned praise for my raw honesty. I would have said the exact same thing in person. Please don't make claims about what I'm thinking in the future. You clearly are not capable of reading my mind. Thank you.

9. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Few things come to mind. One, I didn't realize it was personal between Clark and AB, thought he was just giving insight from the unique perspective of having known and played with AB. I'm not surprised he doesn't like him for disrespecting DL like that. Heck, makes me dislike him now as before I just wanted a distraction off the team. AB can go pound sand.

Hate to bring up JH again, I'll keep it light and just say further disappointed in him for acting chummy with AB after talking to DL like that. This is JH who was choked up while saying how much DL meant to him. I'll just cut the rest of my thought about him off there.

Rooney is really pissing me off. How do you allow Tomlin to stick around this long. Yeah yeah, winning record and look what he has sown. He's dragged the culture down into the mud. He won't fix it, you need someone new in there. Stop being a daisy, get rid of him.

It's late, Im tired. Rant over.

• Like Like x 2
  11. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Blah blah blah at least have the courtesy to stand up if you want to continue talking out your ass. I'm done with you . Stay outta my posts. Let me try to be more accurate....take a 51 foot walk off a 50 foot pier.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Yeah knee was injured couldn't practice and play against the Bengals :facepalm:, can't play in the Pro Bowl huh?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    This from the guy who was whining about me being disrespectful.Hypocrisy does not help you make your point.

I'm standing up the only way I can on this board, by being honest. I asked you a question and showed you the courtesy of accepting your word. You made a false accusation and now you're accusing me of lying for the same reason you're making a huge deal out of Roethlisberger sitting out one Wednesday practice at the end of the season, because you can't see past your own bitterness.

Don't tell me what posts to respond to and which to ignore. That's not your place.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    To be fair, most of the guys who claim injury in sitting out the Pro Bowl are just fine. I couldn't care less if he plays in the Pro Bowl.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
  16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I find that both are at fault in this situation but I believe the organization defends and stands behind Ben every chance they get.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Doesn't matter. There is no defending AB quitting on the team. So Ben said I don't have to throw you the ball during film, big whoop. It ignores the fact that AB constantly whines and moans for the ball. I'm also sure AB isn't sitting there being a choirboy during these meetings. He bitches in public, can't imagine how much he runs his mouth in private.

Jones is an asshat who is just sticking up for a fellow WR and shift blame elsewhere.

Things were a lot worse than we knew though, thats for sure. If Tomlin is serious about getting control of this team, trade AB and shut down Bens radio show. Bell and AB would be gone and you'd mute Ben. Maybe it would be enough.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Funny part is ( sad actually ) is that 90% of the posts on here lately are about Tomlin, Ben , AB and how dysfunctional the Franchise has become...Oh, What has happened to the great Steeler tradition!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  19. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
    Agree.

Still not sure what the real story is. If you recall, the first we heard it was AB got mad at "someone" and threw the ball at their feet. Then it was AB mad at Ben because Ben critiqued his route running, and AB threw the ball at Ben's feet. Now, it's Ben threw the ball down and yelled "We need him out of here!".

Hard to know what to believe. But you are spot on, no excuse for quitting on the team.

20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

is this board imitating steelers life or are the steelers and imitating this forum lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I have no problem believing that Roethlisberger spoke like a jackass and that Tomlin constantly taking his side is frustrating Brown and possibly other players.

It still doesn't excuse what Brown did. Even just walking off the field that day was bad, but to do it the rest of the week was inexcusable.

22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Who's whining now? Good bye.......

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yupp and that was the only point I agreed with Ryan Clark on. He too criticized Ben but he said none of what Ben did caused him to ever miss a game or practice. Ab looked bad and then he didnt suit up he stood there with a mink coat on. Just bad bad look. But now Ben is a qb and AB is a wr so if Ben as a qb missed a game he would never ever be able to live it down but I still dont think he'd ever go to those lengths.

24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Ben is not at fault for AB missing the practices and going m.i.a om the team. That was all on AB and was a bad move. Also was a bad move that he wore a mink coat and didnt even stay the whole game. Had he showed up on the sideline in his uniform and cheered his guys on I guarantee they wouldn't even be talking about trading him. But Ben also is not absolved from blame. Ryan Clark even said he's not a leader and when he was on the team they had several problems with things he did too. Ben is an ass clown and so is AB. Problem is because Ben is the franchise qb the organization puts their arms around him and thus it's also part of why he has the attitude towards things that he does. None of the other greats like Montana, Brady, manning, brees etc... ever were saying hey I wish I could have thrown to "x" more times, it was this guys fault why our season went like this, we dont need this guy or that guy, etc.. he says and does things a leader shouldn't. He Is a huge part of the problem as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben a leader? lol
    He can play QB with the best though.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.