1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB "we got our ass kicked"

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
  3. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
  4. SteelersForLife

SteelersForLife Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Disagree.

We did really fckn good considering our injury list while plating against arguably the best team in nfl right now

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    First Glassier, then Cam, now AB... yea we got the message. What team leader steps up and says, "No more".

But I get it, sometimes I say to myself, "boy I effed that up". Which helps me get over it. Hopefully these guys are doing the same.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Just like the other threads about players speaking up, I don't mind they are speaking up. My question is...what are you players going to do about it? Talk is cheap! I promised myself I wasn't going to go in this direction but here I go... I love this team, I like the coaches and think we have some of the best players on our team. From top to bottom we are as good as anyone else. This is what the salary cap was meant to accomplish and, in my opinion, does so very well. This is why any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday. The problem I have with our team in the Tomlin era is that the team talks a lot but has a hard time turning the talk into action. "Unleash hell" is a great example. I loved the quote and thought it would be a great motivator, a turning point if you will. Well, we all know how that turned out. So, maybe it isn't what is being said but more about how it is being said. (Ok, I feel better getting that off my chest. I'm not a big ranter on here.)

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Like men playing with boys. Time for our boys to put on their big boy pants
    and play some PASSIONATE football.Before it is too late.

8. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    When we have , for lack of a better word, our "let down games", it seems we are never fired up but just go through the motions. When you look at Belincheats teams, they appear fired up and ready to tear your head off no matter who is starting, truly the saying "next man up" applies to them. It seems Belincheat is a no nonsense type of guy who isn't "friends" with his players but their boss who gets lots of respect. Maybe Tomlin would be better served being more "boss" like and less "friend" like.

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Pete Carroll would probably beg to differ.

This seems similar to the argument that Tomlin needs to jump up and down more on the sideline, because obviously we'd win more if he did.

I don't disagree with the Steelers looking flat sometimes, but I also disagree with this myth that the Patriots are an unstoppable force of unrelenting rage in every game. In the last game, they didn't look comfortable; they weren't getting too much pressure on LJ; Brady seemed irritated in the first half with how they were playing. If anything, the Steelers defense - banged up as it was - looked more fired up than the Pats. That changed in the 4th quarter, of course...