1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB Steeler for life

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TheSteelHurtin2188, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Wait...I thought we were going to trade AB, so we could move up in the 1st round and draft his replacement?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'm still surprised by this guaranteed money is the most important part in the NFL because you can get cut at any point. AJ Green got 30 mill guaranteed years ago, Wallace got 30 million, and Suh pretty much got all of Browns contract guaranteed. I think Brown just cared about bragging about being the highest paid but that will change next off-season. This was a steal and forces AB to still work to get all that money.

3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Great. The Steelers have become the Redskins. A bunch of overpaid, overrated players who under achieve when the playoffs roll around.

It's been over a month since the latest AFC Championship debacle and there is nothing happening on the D side. All I asked for was a competitive game vs. the Patriots... and the Texans and Falcons provided more competition. I know I'm not alone in my opinions and outlook.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. SanDiegoSteel

SanDiegoSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    lol free agency and the draft havent even happened yet. Also The steelers have a young defense that will only improve.

• Like Like x 1
  5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Unfortunately when people are looking to complain about something they won't let the reality of the situation like being only able resign players under contract with the team or work out trades in principle ruin a good rant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Shhh, no logic allowed.

7. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    You ever think maybe they overachieved and burned out by that point? Maybe they gave it all they had to give and ran out of steam. Wouldn't be the first time a team like this has reached that point. I guess this is my observation and I may be all alone in it. I started to see it the last two games of the season, was worried about the Dolphins game but we came out hitting on all cylinders in the first half, then it happened...we died...for the rest of the playoffs.

8. tbrucemom

tbrucemom Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    I like Antonio and he's probably one of the best WR, if not the best, in the league. But I'm sorry NO WR is worth that kind of money. Especially one who can't score a TD without getting a penalty.

9. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Just a note on A.J. Green's contract which made him the highest paid WR up until now...here's a link that shows his $32.7 mill guaranteed number included his first year salary that isn't included in ABs.
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/a.j.-green-7719/
    Take out Green's first year salary and we're comparing apples-to-apples now and we see Green's guarantee and ave salary are: $15m and $15m. Brown's are $19 and $17.
    I think I'd have paid AB another $1m if he agrees to leave his cellphone out of the locker room.

10. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Don't like the penalty BS myself, but I'll take the little guy with a big enough heart to reach for the goal line while he's pinned up by 3 Ravens face mask and all to get that score.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    I don`t know that the "Black and Gold runs deep in me", as Hines said, applies to Antonio Brown...

I doubt he will retire as a STEELER,

But I sure as hell am glad we have him for the end of Ben`s career...

Those two are AWESOME together on the field, and this makes sure he will be here for the rest of Ben`s career, to throw the ball to...

GOOD MOVE...

He may "move on to his life`s work", after this contract,(or to another team) but it sure gives us a better chance at earning another ring before he does..

And, I don`t hate to say it, but, he might find it`s harder to catch a ball thrown from another QB...

Just ask Mike.:eek::shrug:

GO STEELERS!!!:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They made it to the AFCCG after starting the season 4-5, they lost to the better team on their home field minus Bell, Bryant, and Green.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not to mention it was only 3 penalties and then he stopped doing it. One of which was really Bells doing for coming over and doing a choreographed dance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I hope you're right. Steelers need upgrades at Free Safety and OLB. Another quality Corner in Free Agency wouldn't hurt for depth... because Golson will be Spence 2.0... he may turn out to be a good player, but half of his contract is over with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    The cure for that would be NOT losing to teams like the Eagles and Dolphins early in the season and getting in a hole in the AFC/BCS with teams like Patriots and most of AFC West teams racking up 10+ gauranteed wins. Steelers need the playoff bye.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't disagree with that at all. Just saying, maybe with this young group they dealt with a lot of growing up on the job, and maybe it took a toll.

17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I personally blame Tomlin for the lack of control over his players. :lolol:

18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Trying to salavge his career maybe? :lolol: