1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB speaks out about Burfict hit.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  2. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    "Steelers' Antonio Brown says Vontaze Burfict was trying to 'kill me, steal my dreams'"

Seems like just about the only ones that don't realize this is the Bengals and their clueless fans.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Did you see Beachum's comments about the Bengals as well... Seems like Steelers team as a whole are upset.

4. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Gotta link?

5. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    It'd be nice if this whole Steelers / Bengals feud would just silently fade away but we all know that the NFL will provide plenty of gas to pour over those flames.

7. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
  8. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    They said he would not be cleared to play against Pats and we could never beat pats without him. Makes be feel slightly better about not beating denver

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. 3carsteeler

3carsteeler

Dec 21, 2011
    I still don't think the 3 game suspension was enough.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm all for rivalries... thats what makes NFL great! There is no room for headhunters gone rogue though.

If Burfict even looks at AB the wrong way he should get tossed from the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    The really shameful part is that people can not look at the film and divorce themselves from being idiots! People are arguing that AB hit his own head and that he wasn't really out because arms don't flail the way his did.

At some point, you have to be a human and take yourself away from the hate, fan rivalry, or whatever you want to call it and just be a better person.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    three games at the start of the season is a complete joke. He should have been tossed much earlier in the year, and should have been warned that if he does it again he will be suspended for a year and if it happens one more time after that he is out of the game.

Nowhere have I seen anything about the NFL being upset at his shenanigans, I believe the NFL could care less.

13. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm as happy as the next guy we beat the Bengals but.... Beachum is F.O.S. "Put them in their place"? Hardly. It's not like we took them out to the woodshed. They were the stronger team pretty much the whole season I'd say. They won the games they were supposed to win and we didn't always. I look forward to owning them next season... I really hope we do... but I hate seeing players talk **** like this... it makes him look delusional. Who was that nobody safety that called out Brady a couple seasons ago? Puhleez

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Burfict deserves to be the recipient of a Hines Ward block but I'll settle for watching DeCastro pancake him next season a few times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The funny thing about this whole situation is that if they had thrown burfict out of the first game then we wouldn't be talking about any of this.
    Burfict is the quiet one...Jones is the one running his mouth and the mouthpiece for another grown man. Pacman is irrelevant but we empowered him by allowing him to "play us" in making sure that AB would not play in the Denver game....by the faking accusation.
    They tried to take a play out of the ravens playbook. Yes, the ravens were dirty players as well...and now,the Lil kitty cats want to play with the Big Boys!! They will miss their window of opportunity to win a superbowl due to... trying to be a rival of the steelers. They can't out physical us ...so out of desperation... They turned to being Dirty players!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Steelers412

Steelers412 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2015
    :good:

Crazy they allowed him to take seflies in the locker room and snapchat business is boomin 50 times a day the week leading up. I doubt it makes a difference and he plays but still. I guess AB can just do whatever he wants.

17. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Throw him out of the first game? You mean when Bell went down or because the low hit on Ben?

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah. There were people applauding that Cody Wallace hit.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep. Totally a dirty hit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yep like some of his teammates who were proud of Wallace for trying to protect his brother, though misguided it may have been. :smiley1:

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Like the Cincy players sticking up for their own? Yeah, proves a lot.

The play was over, nothing to protect anymore, should have cleaned someone up on the next play, legally.

Knew you were going to reply when I posted that, and you accuse me of wearing rose colored glasses :lolol:

22. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    So I'm predictable. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Some of his teammates were wrong.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    the only way i'd think it was close to enough games is if was the next three Steeler games.

25. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Well, there's a difference there as well.

It was a dirty hit, no doubt about it. But, you can't ignore the differences and the track record of Burfict. His came immediately after a perceived late blow up shot on Brown and he didn't carry that through the entire game trying every thing he could to give extra and hurt someone else. Also, he owned up to it (as did his teammates, even though they tried to justify it)

Immediately after the last shot on Brown you saw that jackass over with Marvin Lewis telling him it was shoulder to chest and crying about how wrong the flag was! No remorse about it after the game and his teammates came out and supported him saying the Steelers were the dirtier team and that Brown was faking injury. It's a little different huh?

We were discussing this at work the other day. How you can show people video evidence and they see it differently based on how they "want" to see it.

• Agree Agree x 1