1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB injured, sent back to Pgh, Tomlin is mum

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Aug 2, 2018.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’ve been a Hod carrier for 26 years. I’m in the laborers union in St. Louis. I’ve got five years till I can draw my pension. I’ll draw That and go do something else.
    I’ve been in a management position for the last eight years and I still get my ass kicked physically every day. So I definitely hear where you’re coming from.
    I have abuse my body for 30 years at a job that I really don’t like that much. These football players play a game they love for a few years and are set for life.

• Like Like x 1
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It sounds like you've accepted Tomlin for what he is and you will enjoy the football season and hope for the best, but enjoy it regardless. I admire you for that, and I envy you for being able to attend every home game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Wow eerily similar in our situations....I have about 5 more years myself. I'll probably look to "cash out " myself and go do something else like........more fishing :smiley1:.A job you don't Like that much....that's funny. I'm in a love hate...I love to say I hate it. All and all though the money makes for a good living and I'm sure all the hard work will make retirement that much sweeeeeter.....Go Steelers!

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That’s pretty much where I’m at. As fans what the hell are we gonna do about it. The rating and complaining to fellow fans about Tomlin isn’t my idea of fun.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You may want to avoid listening to anything football coaches or GMs say, because every single one of them will lie to you if they think it will give the team some sort of advantage.

That said, unless Brown's injury turns out to be something serious, there is no reason to believe Tomlin lied about it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not sure how your pension works, for us once you have your 30 years in we draw our full pension regardless of age. I’ll be 53 years old. I can go work another job as long as it’s not any type of union construction.
    I’ll try and go do something that I enjoy more and that’s somewhat on my own terms. I’ll probably do that till I’m 60 or so and then fully retire and with all the extra money I made get me those season tickets for the Steelers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Captain clickbait strikes again. I read a report last night stating there was nothing to this injury

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ours is a combined 80 years ...age and vested years. I'm 49 and 55 will get me to the required 80. I'm not really sure about the rules of working another job and I might not plan to find out....we'll see:smiley1:. Yeah season tickets sounds like a plan....keep up the good work.

9. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Hope this isn't a precursor to the Madden Curse:facepalm::facepalm:

10. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I still have 7 years to make pension. Thanks a lot Tomlin! Hahaha

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1