1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB in the news for wrong reasons

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SanDiegoSteel, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    And to think, my wife can't even give me away (lord knows she has tried)!

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    An instagram is like a Teddy Graham that just appears instantly. I think.

3. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Looks like he's goes balls out on more that just gameday. That's how he's found himself in this situation.

4. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    I wouldn't bet on it. In fact, if I were a betting man, I'd say that AB will someday join the ranks of pro athletes who have gone broke. Too many signs point to it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I would say it's a gold digger who wants an instant gram of coke so she can get knocked up for child support to contribute to those behaviors.

6. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    That's his life. I am sure those women know he was a dog for a long time. Non event for me

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If AB finishes out his current contract, he would've earned over 100 million in his career. He can take care of his family for life.

8. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Maybe this is why Ross is our pick at #30 on a few mocks.. Bryant is out and Brown is always in and out.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    AB should ask Andre Risen about the lifestyle of big mansions, fancy cars and loose women. Seems he's headed down the same path.

10. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Walker had a gambling problem, AB also has some endorsements he won't be in the poor house IMO.

12. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Well let's hope whoever AB is with doesn't decide to burn his shoes in the bathtub. :thumbs_up:

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Lots of athletes live AB's lifestyle, they don't all go broke.

Plus, there will be other avenues open to AB to make money after football.

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Well, that is before taxes.

15. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    I hope that you're right. But from what I'm seeing, he's not headed in that direction.

16. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That's more than I thought but he's not talking about the star players. That 80% is the average player making 750,000, which is what most of the league is made up of.

There are many doors open to players like AB, even if he found himself in financial trouble, he'll have opportunities to make more.

18. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    It's definitely an epidemic and not just in the NFL and not just in pro sports but in the whole country. People don't know how to manage money and simply "making" a lot of it does not equal "having" a lot of it. It's no different that people that win the powerball stuff and wind up broke. You would think they'd never be able to get rid of that much money but it's probably not all that hard. I'm not saying I think AB will go broke but I can't say I'd be too surprised if he did. I have a buddy at work that got a big raise and called me one day and said that it was weird because even though he had gotten a big raise they didn't feel like they had any more money than they did before. It was because their spending was outdoing their savings. At one point I almost started driving the tractor trailers at work and when we were in the class for it my buddy teaching it went in to a whole spiel about watching our finances because it's an extremely high paying job and he said we'd be surprised how many of the drivers have financial problems in spite of that because they get addicted to making so much money that they just think they can afford anything and before they know it they're only making money to turn around and spend on bills. One of my buddies did wind up doing that job and is in that exact situation as we speak. His wife was going craaaazy buying stuff. Now they are getting a divorce. They have 3 kids that he's gonna wind up seeing every other weekend. But HEY he's making money!!! The love of money....

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Funny that this typo is correct

20. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Ugghhh...

This is what this age of "social media" has gotten us..

Everybody knows everybody else`s personal business...

Mostly because people feel a need to show how great they are, and win approval on Facebook, or whatever, by bragging about how good their lives are, by posting constantly their fancy vacations, or "5 star dinners", or how "hot" their current piece of ass is...

And how "happy" they are together...

Whatever, I guess I am a "grumpy old man", bitching at the current generation of kids at the ripe old age of 45...

You will never see me have a facebook account, even tho it makes it more difficult to follow corporations/teams/radio stations, etc, because they all want to direct you to their Facebook page...

I used the original "social networking" site.
    The neighborhood bar.

Never felt the need to brag to people I never met, how great my life was.

Anyhow, I can understand that I would be different if I had been born 20 or 30 years later, and that was the norm...

I`m glad I wasn`t.

Just saying, athletes have been making poor life choices for generations, but it wasn`t broadcast to the whole world, in real time, and often not at all, unless you lived in the same "small town", as them...

I do agree that AB must have missed the class at the NFL Rookie Symposium, on how to manage your money after your career is over, but, then again I will never have to figure out how to manage the kinda money he has.

Hopefully for him, he has "trusted" advisers in place, to "handle his money for him".
    Unfortunateley, a common theme in the stories about athletes/celebreties" that go broke, is their advisers screwed them over...

Always better to be educated about where your money is going, and being spent on, yourself.

He lost a lot of my respect with the livestream after the playoff game last year, but I will still be rooting for him, because he is an important piece to our success on the field...

What he does off it is his business, and he would be wise to keep it that way.

Doubt he will.

I gotta root for the player, not the person...

If he played on another team, I`d have a whole different thing to say about him...

If I acknowledge my hypocrisy, I`m still a hypocrite, rite?

Oh Well, I don`t care. I`m a cynic too..

I just prefer to call it being realistic.

Keep kicking ass for us #84!!!!

You and Martavis can do some serious damage together with the rest of us!!!:herewego::yeehaw:

GO STEELERS!!!:herewego!:

21. StillHERNation

StillHERNation Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Because of the usual nosey ass fans that wont mind their business and starting rumors with players personal life. Smh.