1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB adresses negative reports / Ben calls Steelers NE's little brother

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I wish just one journalist would have the balls to ask them if Eli Rogers was technically a starter or not. That's been bothering me since preseason.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm with AB up and until the last response. He was mad and if he was 1/10th as mad as we the fans were I wouldn't want to talk either. Which is fine, man up and say it. This I was dressed bs is weak.

4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I disagree, Ben. We looked more like their little sister, no offense intended toward little sisters. And you looked like a giddy teeny bopper at a Justin Bieber concert when you asked your daddy, er, Tom Brady for his jersey earlier this year. That's okay, I guess that's just how you guys roll these days, but I don't have to like it. I can't help but think WWLT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He's referring to the allocated time that reporters have to ask questions when he says he never blows off the media.

We need a little more context as to how often or not players stop to talk with the media when they are already dressed and on their way out the door.

6. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Meh I don't think context will help. He was upset and didnt put himself out there any further than necessary or required which again is perfectly understandable. End of story. No need to try and make yourself look better afterwards by giving any type of story. Just say you were mad about the outcome of the game and leave it there.

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats your opinion but its popular to tell AB what he's thinking and how to behave. Have at it!

8. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    My opinion is the guy who wandered around the locker room shooting video for us "fans" still in full uniform got dressed as quick as he could and ducked out before having to answer stupid questions about his actions and is now turtling about it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    If only opinions were facts :bscow:

10. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Blast I give him the benefit of the doubt, I said the getting dressed thing was weak. He owes me nothing and whether he talked to the media that night or not beyond his obligations doesn't impact what did or didn't happen on the field. I said twice before giving my opinion that if he was upset which as a competitor I am sure he was that talking to reporters would be the last thing you want especially if you can't say something that is appropriate ie Travis Kelce from the week before. When pressed I gave my honest opinion which is he didn't want to answer stupid questions about the facebook live thing being a distraction(which it wasn't) and if that contributed to some of the stuff on the field(again which it didn't) and so he did his required media and then dressed and left in an attempt to not make a story about the locker room thing. My opinion about the situation only. Doesn't change how he plays or what I think of him beyond this incident and I hope these thoughts aren't coming across as facts but as intended my thoughts on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

I feel more like pedro Martinez when he said the Yankees are his daddy

12. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm not defending one point of view over another, but I can say you might be surprised at how quickly visiting teams get out of Dodge sometimes. It really depends on a lot of factors. I had the opportunity to watch/follow my wife's cousin's 17 years in the NFL and, based off of that, Brown's story doesn't sound that far fetched. I recall attending a game in Denver once when the Steelers visited. I was hoping to catch the players as they were headed out to the bus. The Steelers won that game big. In the time it took me to get from the stadium to their bus they were already loading up (Maybe 10 or 15 minutes). However, I'm sure he was upset (at least he should have been) and probably wasn't willing to be available any more than he needed to be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Lost respect for my two favorite QBs in one year. First the jersey no-sense and now this. They respect these cheaters way too much and I think it starts with Ben. No hatred, no strive for greatness. This is just sad for a 2 time SB Champion to suck Brady off constantly. Lost all respect. Funny they are big brother in every sense...

[​IMG]

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  14. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I've heard that somewhere before.:shock:

15. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I couldn't find a thread but I think it deserves it own. Disgraceful.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Didn't look very hard, it was on the first page :lolol:

Lot of athletes respect each other, most do. The whole hate thing is mostly fan stuff.

Think it may be the first time I have ever seen someone say they don't respect someone for not hating another person.

Fans, go to far. Its a game, relax.

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Petty bad when your QB call's his team a (little Brother) WOW