1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB a no-show today, per Ed Bouchette

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    When he was acting like a baby the tv guys said it looks like the ankle

2. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I knew something like this would happened as soon as Brown was put on the cover of Madden. The curse, is forever alive!

3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Players just arent like that no more and it sucks. Half the guys on my team in college are arguing with coaches about practice and film sessions being too long. This is the "entitlement" era. Not just in sports but just life in general.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Damn millennials walking around like they rent the place....

• Like Like x 1
  5. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Wanted to be together? Hardly. With no free agency, they had two choices: stay with the team that had your rights or bag groceries somwhere. If Bradshaw had the option of leaving, he'd have left in a heartbeat. After a title or two, a lot of the rest would have happily left for top dollar.

The history of professional sports starting with 1869 Cincy Red Stockings is all about players fighting for a bigger piece of the pie. The idea that there was a time when pro players were more interested in the game and city they played for than the $ is very nostalgic and quite naive.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

And to think we are just finishing week 2.........man this season is gonna suck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    It better be his ankle because someone wants to break his jaw.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Dude, just stop, you're making yourself look silly. TO was a cancer that destroyed locker rooms. AB has played 8 years on the same team, relatively free of incidences. The FB Live was his first real transgression.

If you think wanting the football puts him in the same category as TO, you are sadly mistaken.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    What was T.O's biggest gripe. He wasnt gettin the ball enough. Also for a few of those years ab was ON THE BENCH. Hard to say anything when you arent even a starter. Hes only been a starter for what 5 years now? That's about the same amount of time T.O was in san fran.

11. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    This stuff with the Steelers is a joke. But they have no one to blame but the front office. For the last 4 years the defense has been terrible. The only good players on D we have is Watt and well Shazier until he got hurt. They hired a D Coordinator who can’t adjust, switches their defense and kept 12 dbs which only Haden and Hilton is the bright spot, only have 3 OLBs which 2 shouldn’t even start, Vince Williams is the only decent ILB we got, Went through this fiasco with Bell all the while they could of swallowed their pride, let Bell walk (I know it sucks) and spent that money on defense. 3 things the Steelers need to do to improve...

1) Let Butler go and find a solid D Coordinator.

2) Let Joey Porter go

3) Let Bell walk and spend that money on defense. 2 solid defensive players can be had for that cool 14 million.

But we all know they won’t change, continue to not paint with a broad brush after 4 years body of work and we will resemble popcorn.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wouldn't bench him, I would fine him the max though.

13. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This entire post is ridiculous. Brown was not there Monday. The reporting reflected that fact correctly. Neither Tomlin nor anybody else in the organization has said whether or not Brown had permission, and the reporting reflected that accurately as well.

The media didn't create this story. Brown created the story by once again making an ass of himself on social media and then failing to show up for work Monday. If he had permission, Tomlin would have said as much to end the controversy.

You really don't know what you are talking about on this one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    The part I don't understand is if someone posted on social media about AB what the heck does it have to do with the Steelers and why would AB take it out on the team? To me there has to be something bigger going on here that we don't know about. Yeah there was that blow up on the sideline but really that is why he didn't show.....come on AB!!!!!!!!!

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It was a former Steelers employee. Maybe he thought he still worked for the team?
    Either way it’s ridiculous.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. ROBLISBERGER

ROBLISBERGER Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I was just telling my buddy this also. How Butler wasn't fired after January is still a mystery to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ROBLISBERGER

ROBLISBERGER Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Ha Ha.....Facts!

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Oh thanks wasn't sure why a nobody would affect us.........unreal!

20. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Not defending the move necessarily, but I'd imagine the argument is something like this:

The sentiment for a long time had been that the D needed to get quicker and more aggressive.

The D posted good stats on those lines and, even if these were against weaker teams, that showed improvement in the direction I imagine the team wanted.

What was then needed was Butler to build on that over the Summer, and keep the D moving in that direction. So we saw a lot of talk about how to address the biggest issue - safety - and how to shore up the secondary.

All that considered, there was a case for giving Butler one more year - whether it was the right case or not...

• Like Like x 1
  21. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Brown also ducked out of the locker room before the media showed up.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2...ut-of-locker-room-before-reporters-got-there/