1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Aaron Smith to be released

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by shaner82, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I wouldn't hate either one of them if they play for another team next year and never suggested I would. I was just referencing an article last year where Aaron said he would be one of those players that needs to be told to hang it up. He said it would take the Steelers telling him it's time before he would do it on his own.

2. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Seems like the end of another era for us.
    I tip my hat to Aaron Smith. Sad to see him go. Same with Ward, Farior, Hoke and Kemo...life goes on, I suppose.
    :herewego:

3. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Soon there will be no signs of the cowher era left well number 5 but player wise.

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    This one I knew was coming for quite a while. Aaron's spirit was willing, but his body was no longer able. This is truly becoming the end of an era.

Good luck to you in your future endeavors, Aaron. Another all-time great Steeler rides off into the sunset.

5. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  6. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    number 7 and Troy prob his two biggest pieces!

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    :this!:

8. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Boy I was gonna jump on you for that one until you followed it up with "he was one of the best of the worst" :lolol: I'm with you about the line being the biggest concern. Everyobody seems to be all up in arms about the WR position and that's the least of my worries. If BB can't stay upright in the pocket it won't matter who's at the WR position :-(

9. traceman

traceman Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Aaron Smith was a great player on the field and a great person off the field. I can't tell you how much that means to some of us. Thanks for the great years of stellar, unselfish play. You will be missed. God bless you and your family.

10. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    smith and hines both are what the steelers are all about......... it will be hard to see them go, but the time had come..... i agree with smith saying that the position is left in good hands, and believe that both have left something in their replacements that will carry on the steeler tradition of greatness..............

btw, i have nothing but respect for smith after his parting statements..... nothing but class!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d6VaR

11. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah theres still ten or so

12. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Read this on KFFL.com...

"Steelers | Aaron Smith failed physical
    Sat, 03 Mar 2012 11:11:28 -0800

Free agent DE Aaron Smith (neck, foot) failed his physical when the Pittsburgh Steelers decided to release him."

...wonder if theres any truth to it?