1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

a small reminder to the guys on the board

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Jan 16, 2017.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    WE ARE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!

I get we as fans we criticize the teams we love, but damn.

I see posts about how we don't play to win and that our quarterback chokes.

the defense isn't good enough. we don't tackle well. we cant beat the patriots.

I just wanted to remind everyone that we are one of 4 remaining teams and I don't fear the other 3 at all.

yes, ben statistically hasn't had the year the other guys have had. maybe he isn't as good as brady or Rodgers. personally I take him but hey, that's me.

we play the patriots. we played them once without ben. I like our chances with him wherever they play.

I just wanted to kind of start a thread where some can come and say things they liked about this season instead of all the shortcomings that apparently this team has.

for me, the best thing about this year has been the defense. I love the play of the rookies and the speed in which the entire defense has played with.

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    If they beat the Pats in NE, Ben makes his 4th Bowl and Tomlin his 3rd, the script will be officially flipped. Winning said Bowl would be huge!!

That's one critical "if"

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Honestly, I feel like we're a year early. I expected next year to be our year (giving the defense one more year to gel and Bryant to come back). We got to where I expected before the year began: 11-5ish, division champion, win a playoff game. Everything after Miami has been gravy for me.

But the defense got better quicker than I imagined. They're not "great" yet. I'm not even sure I'd call them "good." But they've come a very far way since September. And if they frustrate Brady and we get a win? My opinion of them will rise pretty fast.

We dropped games we should never have lost. This understandably causes frustration / anxiety for some people. And let's be honest here: The Patriots have OWNED US. So for people to voice worries is practically expected.

But I've been waiting a long time to see our Steelers take down the Pats in a playoff game. It's hard to believe we haven't played them since the '04 season in a playoff game. Yeah, we've won 2 Superbowls and went to a third in that time. But we have yet to get that monkey off our back. I'd almost be happy losing in the Superbowl if we can just beat NE this week... almost. Hardly anyone is left from that '04 team. But I'm sure Ben would like to have some revenge. And I'm sure our defense is eager to earn redemption for that debacle they laid against the Pats earlier this year.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yep. My hope, expectation was at the beginning of the year if (and that was a BIG if) the three B`s were healthy at playoff time, we would get to at least the AFC Championship game. Here we are.

But now I`m getting greedy. There is no great team, no team of destiny this year. We have the best offense when we play our best. If we click for 4 quarters, we could put up HUGE numbers.

We can win it all. We just need two games where the offense brings it`s "A" game and we will be Super Bowl Champions again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Like I said before the season started we will win the SB this year. Book it.
    It will be nice beating the Pats but that doesn't come close to wining #7.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It would be nice to have a two game cushion over the next closest teams. (Cowboys and Niners)

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    QUOTE="JackAttack 5958, post: 457991, member: 100"]It would be nice to have a two game cushion over the next closest teams. (Cowboys and Niners)[/QUOTE

Your right, sometimes I don't look too far down the road because my road is pretty short, but for everyone else the more distance between us and the pack the better.

• Like Like x 2
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    This guy gots our back, I ain't worried one bit.

Sprinkling crying jordans one game at a time
    IMG_0080.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    I love that we're finally back to having a "young" defense. I love that we've been healthy for the most part and that all three Bs are finally playing in the playoffs together.
    BUT- we're still not done! 7 HERE WE COME!

• Like Like x 1
  10. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I was up late last night and generally suffer from quite a bit of insomnia but last night was at least special in the sense that I kept thinking "We're going to the AFC Championship Game. WE are going to the AFC Championship Game. WE. ARE. GOING. TO. THE. AFC CHAMPIONSHIP. GAME!" It's astounding really just when you look at the success of this franchise in the modern era. I mean we don't "build" like everyone else. We don't get "sexy" free agents. We build from within and when we need certain roles to be filled we go out there and find the guys that generally plug right in and play. Bell? Drafted. AB? Drafted. In the SIXTH. ROUND. Ben? Drafted. Boz? Picked up at a bad time for the position when other teams had let him go and comes in and is now a record holding kicker. Our o-line? Balling. With almost all of it being homegrown talent and honestly a case can be made that AV is homegrown because he was just a castoff as well. Just think about what this franchise has been able to accomplish in an era of free agency thinking and it will almost boggle your mind. So maybe I shouldn't have really been unable to even hardly grasp the fact that we were in the AFC Championship game?

• Like Like x 1
  11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The time is now to get the monkey off the back. If not, we have to watch and hope they lose in the Super Bowl. I feel that KC has a better defense then the cheatriots. And old Tommy started melting down cause he gots a few boo boos getting hit and hit some more. Butler needs to bring the heat and hit and hit him some more. Belicheat will try hard to shutdown the run game, so Ben needs to be on point. I feel good about this game. I feel the cheatriots are ripe for the taking.
    The time is now...

12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Thing is with patriots is they have patience. They wait for opponents to get antsy and boom they strike. It's going to be a huge chess battle and players need to execute

13. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

The Steelers are expected to franchise Bell. A holdout wouldn't surprise me.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

For me, watching our defense progress throughout the season has been pure joy.

Watching a beast like Le'Veon Bell plow through defenders has been extremely exciting.

Cris Boswell getting a game ball from Tomlin made me giggle because I was so very happy for him.

Watching Deebo play this season is something I am holding onto and cherishing as I know there aren't many more seasons in his future.

Ben and Antonio... BOOM!

Seeing some of the younguns coming into their own makes me so proud of them and our team.

Okay, I'm getting all sappy now, so I'm done. :lolol:

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

i too thought we were a year away and mentioned it early in the preseason for the same reasons ray. if the health stays i see no reason we can't be even better next year with bryant back. health makes a huge difference. right now we ride it for all it's worth. :cool:

16. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I want to use this thread to give Josh Scobee a shout out.

If he wasn't so terrible, we never would have picked up Boswell. And for that, we should be eternally grateful.

• Like Like x 3
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Franchise him then work on a long term deal is what was reported.
    It's smart. Gives the team plenty of time to work out a long term deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I just want to see us win the super bowl for Harrison sake. The team should use him for motivation, similar to when the Bus retired. Would be great and right for Harrison to get his due and then get on with his life's work. If it isn't this year, then he should come back next year and try again.

Just want to see Big Ben hug Debo and speak in his ear after another super bowl win. :bowdown::thumbs_up::dancing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Big Ben is the most polarizing player we have ( not like SI says ) because he is so dang inconsistent these days. When he's on..... There's no one better in the NFL but ... Too often he looks like Landry or worse.

Bell is why we are where we are !!!

Our OL is the base for our success!!!

Our defense???? Is playing surprising well and I'm loving what Sean Davis is doing!! Our unsung hero. Shazier is an All-Pro LB in my opinion!!! How about Hargrave???

We have a legit shot at winning #7 but honestly I think we're a year away from World Domination!!!!!!

Cajun

20. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    The last 2 years were so disappointing because I feel, if healthy we could have made a deep playoff run and possibly a Super Bowl appearance. In this league, all the right pieces have to come together to make a run at the Superbowl and we are finally there. It's going to take everything the team has to beat NE but I'm confident we can do it. This is going to be a great game to watch. 2 QB's who have been to 13 combined AFCC since 2003! Not many years left for Brady and Ben and we should enjoy watching both teams play against each other. Ben and Brady played the AFCC game in Jan 2005 in Ben's rookie season and here they are 12 years later in 2017 playing again. Good stuff!