1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

A question Steeler Friends

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CK 13, Mar 27, 2018.

1. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I just don’t get why Cheating Bill fans don’t root for their pats? You left out in your dissertation that he was caught cheating which is the reason he was able to run the ball effectively. The Eagles ran fake practices to throw off his filmmaking and you see the results. He never stopped the practice of filming and when your OL goes 8 weeks without a single holding call, it’s easier to run the ball. Their success relies on you shallow view of the game. By the way, what did the Rams do with Faulk? They won a hell of a lot more than the Colts did

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Which running back (s) are you referring to?

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    How?

4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Exactly...Conner was overdrafted in the 4th...And this is a slap how?

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Actually Conner was drafted in the 3rd :facepalm:

• Like Like x 2
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I guess I didn't read that article fully. His extension is nothing more than a way to free up some of his money this year. :cool:

7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    He's been injured 3 out of 4 years.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I think that Derrius Guice is going to be an absolute beast in the NFL. Whomever drafts him has a day 1 starter, and a 1200+ yard back IMO.

All that being said, I think the Steelers interest in Guice is meant to send a message to Bell. Guice will be gone before the Steelers pick anyway. But maybe showing some serious interest in a 1st round running back will wake Bell up a little bit. If that's even possible.

• Like Like x 1
  9. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Happens when you account for 30% of the total offense. Conner was supposed to take some of the pressure off but he struggled to stay healthy. 25-30 carries per game in the NFL will result in an offensive player being injured more often.

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    where are you seeing that they are talking about an extension? 2 days ago, Colbert stated “possible”.

11. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    This is the NFL. You have to produce when given the chance.

This is how Willie Parker became the lead back. He played over Jerome Bettis (older bettis) and Duce Staley ( a good running back in own right, just with the Eagles)

Oh by the way Willie Parker was undrafted.

I don't care if its' High School, NCAA, or the NFL.
    You have to make it where your so good, they can't keep you off the field.

Connor will be given every chance to be the RB#2, he's just got to produce, and stay HEALTHY!!

12. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Oh, it's a long list.

2000 leading rusher was Faulk...
    2001 Smith until...
    2004, Dillon until
    2007, Maroney until
    2008 Morris until
    2009 Maroney until
    2010 Green-Ellis until
    2012 Ridley until
    2014 Gray until
    2015 Blount until
    2017 Lewis

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/index.htm

The longest stretch they go with one back is 3 years, and the average is only 2 years. And they've won 6 rings doing this.

13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    5 rings. Eagles prevented 6 from happening.

14. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    The last mock I saw had Guice falling all the way to the bottom of 1st round. Who knows? But I do feel Conner won't stay healthy for very long stretches. You can just tell, by the eye test, that that dude won't stay in one piece. If we lose Bell we need TWO new RBs, not one, unless you think Croissant is a legit NFL RB.

[​IMG]

15. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    My bad, you're correct, but that doesn't refute my main assertion.

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    So he does take punishment. That is what I was getting at. :cool:

17. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    You seem to be having a tough time following along and are kind of careening all over a bit.

1.) First of all, who are these "Cheating Bill fans" you mention? I'm not sure anyone knows. Do you?
    2.) No one actually IN the NFL thought the video stuff was a big deal, including Bill Cowher.
    3.) How is my view shallow? If anything I have demonstrated proveable assertions, why you seem to be confused much of the time.
    4.) The Rams did well with Faulk, which was a collective effort, not proof that Indy was worse without him. As already demonstrated, Indy's rushing game improved with James over Faulk.

Now please try to react without non sequiturs.

18. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The only thing you are definitely wrong about is number 2...Cowher said what he said to toe the line. He wasn't gonna come out and throw the entire league under the bus. The ramifications would of been huge and still reverberating today. Cmon man they destroyed the tapes Goodell sent the hooligans in to rip up shop. Common sense tells you that keeping the tapes as evidence to prove that it wasn't a big deal would of served a much greater purpose then destroying them. The fact they chose to destroy them is all the proof I need it was a major black eye for the NFL....there will always be at least *** for me....

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  19. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    The blog is full of people who seem to be in love with Bill, he is referenced as the “standard” time and time again. No one in the NFL cared? Really? A half million dollar fine? Yes, Cowher and the rest of the coaches were most certainly given Strict instruction about how to respond in public about the issue. You think they were going to revisit games or championships? The league was not going to allow the public to feel that the games are not fair and to make people who lost money be upset. As for Faulk, he is a hall of fame back and a multi super bowl champion. If he is the result of a collective effort, then I guess everyone is that plays the game is. You are making excuses for your guy and it doesn’t add up. The year they lost Brady to injury they were an average team at best. They lost this year to fly by night back up QB. If our coach lost to that team, we could never shut you up. What the hell are you’re provable assertions?

20. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Anyone playing the game does. He is overused much of the time and that will lead to injury. If he was a downhill type guy, he would be in the protocol half the time.