1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

A POSITIVE THREAD

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MikeFanForLife, Jan 3, 2012.

1. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    So - what will be your game day ritual come Sunday? Do you do anything different for playoffs vs the regular season?

Me - I will be wearing the same t-shirt as last week since we won. I don't change it up until a loss. I will watch the game alone even though my brother is a die hard bronco fan. He is the same way, he won't watch the game with anybody either. We will be texting back and forth though that is for sure. I will wear out the carpet from pacing all game, I rarely sit during playoff games. A couple of shots to calm the nerves right before kickoff.

Lets kick some tebow butt :yeehaw: :beathorse:

2. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Just go ahead and down the bottle before kick-off. The games are always less stressful that way :lolol: :yeehaw: :herewego: :drinks: :herewego!:

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Hang the steeler flag out come playoff time to proudly display the black and gold here in bengal country.......wife will order some good food and then her me and the boy will watch the game.....

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Some sort of "man food."

Jersey and TT.

Beer or beverage of choice.

Fire up this site.

Try not to scare the dog. :roflmao: :roflmao:

5. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Jersey-white Roethelisberger
    Terrible Towel
    Steelers footballs
    Maybe even my steelers slippers
    Lap top with the game thread (sometimes I check constantly, other times I set is aside and don't bother for a while, hard to follow both game and the board)

6. SteelersGirl25

SteelersGirl25 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bar food for DH and I
    beeeeer
    Steelers clothing
    terrible towels flying!!!
    laughing gleefully when the black and gold send the donkeys to the slaughter house
    thesteelersfans.com of course ;)

GO STEELERS!!!

7. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Will be at the back room blues club here in delray beach. They open up just for us Steeler fans. 1.75 16 oz pabsts blue ribbon. WOOHOO! :herewego: :herewego:

8. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I actually begin my ritual when the Steelers qualify for the playoffs. I stop shaving until they are eliminated. I'm a middle school teacher in Northeast Ohio, so it's kind of funny coming back from Winter Break and hearing the comments of my students. Then I tell them WHY I have the goatee, and they immediately tell me they don't like it. Other than that, I'm pretty normal come playoff time. I wear my Black and Gold, pace the floor on the day of the game and bite my nails until they bleed until the game is in hand.

9. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm nervous as usual.I pace,scream,clap,yell,all the normal things on gameday.I don't think I do any thing different because it's playoff time? I just hope we play smart,and get a good lead on them early. GO STEELERS!!

10. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I wear the same jersey all season ......we are extremely superstitious. The game vs. the Ravens last year (playoffs), we were losing 21-7 I believe at halftime.....after halftime, my sisters and daughter and niece started watching it and we started coming back. We stayed in the same positions (I was standing) for the entire second half.... :o

11. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    WOW!! THAT'S DEDICATION!! GO STEELERS!! :yeehaw:

12. cutrale

cutrale Member

Oct 28, 2011
    I just believe in the STEELERS!!!!!! I pace, scream, cry and every other emotion in the scope of emotions. Of course the Terrible Towel, my Steeler football that screams "Here we go Steelers" every time you touch it, my Steeler man that dances and sings "Ya'll ready for this" and every other piece if Steeler gear I have. I live in Florida so all I am hearing is "Are you ready for Tebow"? I am sick of it already and it is only Tuesday. I hope I can go to work Monday and tell them all what happened to poor little Timmy. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!

13. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Where to begin.

I'm like a lunatic in a rubber room come playoffs and even worse if we're in the SB.

Coffee from the Steelers SB cup.
    Pet my Black and Gold German Shepherd and make sure I tell her Steelers are playing. Big Game Girl. Big Game. Here we go Steelers Here we go!
    Call My buddy a thousand miles awau and basically convince ourselves of a sure victory.
    Then Pace......., Wait......, Pace......., Wait....., Pace......, Wait
    Ask the Wife "Are they ever gonna start this damn game?......I hate commercials".
    It's playoff time. Get the Terrible Towels out and only put one on the couch facing the TV. My First Towel for the first playoff game. 2nd one comes out for the second game, 3rd for the 3rd playoff game. All 3 for the SB should we make it.
    Load up the bar full of food but won't touch it due to nerves til nearly all the way thru the game.
    Beer in the Beer Steelers Can Coozie. (Good beer in the Steelers glass)
    Make sure family members are dressed in their Steelers atire.
    Make sure any opposing fans that come over watch the game on my crappy t.v.

14. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Many of the same as above. I always have on my "old" steelers shirt under my jersey. Home or away depends on which jersey i wear. One spot on the couch is off limits for everybody!!!! If i or anyone else is sitting ther we lose! Terrible towel, my gnomes,all my steelers gear out in the living room. The moment its time for kickoff i crack open a cold iron city and drink a few throughout the game in my steelers coozie that has been sewn back together its so old. And then pace, pace, cuss a lil, pace some more. I have a whole lot more but didnt want to write a book! LOL

Lets go Steelers! Kill the Broncos :beathorse: :herewego!: :herewego:

15. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I haven't shaved either. Playoff Beard baby!! :beard:

16. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Finding Iron City in Maryland is REALLY hard but I am on a quest....

17. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I am in the Kansas City Steelers Fan Club and every 4th game we have a raffle off some nice Steelers gear, etc. Two weeks ago against the Rams, I won a Super Bowl Woodley AWAY jersey for ten dollars in raffle tickets. I did not wear it last week against the Browns and was waiting to break it out against the Broncos when "our" palyoff run starts!

As a side note, last year during halftime against the Ravens in the AFC divisional game when we were getting beat I think 21-3 at half, I won a throwback Mendhall Jersey, slipped it on at half and the that game as we know turned out just fine with a huge third quarter and everyone around me was saying, it's the shirt.....

My New Woodley jersey will carry us to the Super Bowl this year.....I have faith!!!!

18. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Gear: Steelers coach's cap, Steelers t-shirt or sweatshirt (or both), Terrible Towel, Steelers watch (I actually wear this as a daily watch, even off-season)

Location: I live in Southwestern Ohio aka Bengals country. I get together with two good college friends and we're all Steelers fans. We pick a bar and get krunk!

Behavior: One of the three of us is as pass-happy as BA, I and the other are more about good run-pass mix, and we debate situational football. TDs, 3-and-outs, turnovers for the good guys, execution of key plays, we're shouting: "HERE WE GO STEELERS!! HERE WE GO!!!!" and waving our Terrible Towels. When Bengals fans start hating we all hold up six fingers. Lol!

19. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011

OK...here's mine, guys (DON'T LAUGH)...

The night before the 1994 playoff game vs Cleveland, I was up late and watched on TV an old Alfred Hithcock movie called Frenzy. One of the stars, ironically, was a British actor named Barry Foster. I remember hoping this was a good omen. It was. Steelers won big.

By the following postseason, I owned the film on vhs. For "good luck" I watched it the night before the Bills playoff game. WIN. I watched it a week later, night before AFC title game vs Colts. WIN. I was out of town for SB XXX--didn't watch it. We lost.

Since then, almost every time I have managed to watch that film the night before a postseason game, the Steelers have won. When I haven't, they have lost. I think the only playoff losses, the day after I have watched that film, were the 1996 divisional playoff loss at New England and the 2002 playoff loss at Tennessee.

20. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    That's actually amazing. Both the story and the film.

21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    have to have my first cup of coffee out of my steelers mug ( logo nearly gone now) wash it out and put it back in the cupboard.

get out new mug and pour 2nd cup.

take browns to the super bowl.

pace

pace some more.

go to office and see what you guys are saying online.

wear wifes ear out talking about the game.

go to store and see my people there getting grub for said big game.

complain cause we are the last game on sunday and the others are not worth watching.

watch said game, bitchin cause we don't play the perfect game every down and second.

smile because we are playing the next week. :shrug: :cool:

22. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I too have started grong my playoff beard!!! Been doing with them as long as they have!! :beard:

:beathorse: :butcher:

23. BowlsOfSteel

BowlsOfSteel Active Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Have to wait on this the whole day. Its nail-biting and frustrating.
    I'm from Germany so the game is starting at 10.30pm.

So after I wake up I will put my warm socks (talisman) on and slip in my away #43 jersey.
    I have this ritual the whole season -> Steelers play at Home, so I wear a #7 black jersey -> Steelers are AWAY, so I wear the #43 white jersey.
    Then I will check my dvr if the games from saturday are recorded (I mostly didn't stay up all night to see NFL games on 2am -> only on STEELERS NIGHT GAMES) and also no commercials.
    Relive the CIN - HOU and DET - NO game.
    At 7pm I slowly begin to get my Terrible Towel out and begin the live games with ATL - NYG.
    When the Steelers game starts I put my mini steelers helmet on the table near the beer, grab some chips and yell as loud as i can :herewego:

24. Steelermama

Steelermama Member

Jan 1, 2012
    This is my first post. Been reading this board for months and totally enjoy it. I will be wearing my white Polamalu, unless of course Steelers are in black then I'll switch to black Roethlisberger. I always have to wear the color the Men of Steel are wearing. Will be texting my son the whole game. He lives right around the corner from Heinz field and I live 4 hours east of Pittsburgh...smack dab in the middle of Ratbird and eagles country..ugh! Everytime Steelers score, hubby will go outside and ring our black and gold cowbell to piss off our non Steeler neighbors. My Terrible Towel will be in my hand waving like crazy when we're doing well and scrunched up in my hands when we're not. LOVE my Steelers! Here we go!

25. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Way to go! :)

And welcome to the board. :drinks: