1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

A Plan for Edmunds

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dexter402, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Tomlin's fantasy player
    Hybrid SS, ILB, Blitzer, CB all rolled in to one.
    Good luck finding that guy...lol

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    TE could be that guy...ya never know

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Depends on how you look at it. I teach for a public school, so the students don't pay to be there, but I am paid to teach them. I apologize to others for explaining something that most people could figure out, but you really seem to need the help.

I said that the connotation of "work in progress" is negative and you responded with the dictionary definition. I'm sorry for using a word you don't understand. The connotation is the feeling or idea attached to a word in addition to its literal meaning. In other words, it is NOT the dictionary definition, which is also known as the denotation.

I will try to do a better job of accounting for your meager reading skills then next time I respond to one of your posts.

You have been criticizing the defense across multiple threads. You continue to try to dismiss their statistics because those numbers clearly show you are incorrect. If anything, the defense was even better than the numbers suggest for reasons I already explained. Did you not understand the explanation or are you just engaging in the message board equivalent of a five-year-old stinking his fingers in his ears and yelling when someone tries to tell him something he doesn't want to hear?

Simply acknowledge they were one of the best defenses in the NFL last season just as you finally admitted you were wrong about the team needing Switzer this past season. You will feel better to admit the truth.

The unfortunate thing is we probably won't get to see the defense intact all of next season. I expect them to lose Hargrave, Dupree or both. They could also lose Hilton. I would love to see them replace Edmunds, but they have other priorities. I still hold out hope that they retain Davis at a bargain rate. He's not good, but he's better than Edmunds.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    i really don't know of anyone who wants to pay Dupree big bucks to stay. They want him to stay because it will help keep the defense intact, at least for that spot. It's very hard to justify throwing that kind of cash at a one year out of five guy.
    Everyone is down on TE because his biggest weakness helps cause big plays for the other team so they stand out. If TE has the "light turn on" and plays above average next year I'm sure a lot of fans will want him to stay here too. Next year will be his 3rd btw.
    I really can't pass judgement on TE as I didn't watch his play very closely. I'm just saying that if the staff wants him to move to LBer, next year seems like it would cause more holes than it would fix. Since we don't have a SS to step in and since they admitted it was their plan to sit TE behind Burnett and work him in slowly, they are probably not going to want a mid round SS to start next year because TE is now at LBer. Can they afford a SS FA, I don't think they can. Not one worth starting.

5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I always say he is saving it for the playoffs.

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Minkah Fitzpatrick is not?!

• Like Like x 1
  7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    There’s definitely concerns. iIt wouldn’t be a slam dunk fool proof move. It’s just a thought and maybe a feasible option. I think we can easily afford a FA safety. Of course giving Dupree 16mil hurts those chances but there’s other cuts as well. I don’t think the FA SS market is that high besides the Top 5 or so guys. Wasn’t Burnett brought in to play a hybrid role, that’s why he left? We play so much sub package including a lot of 3 safety looks that I think TE can be a fit. I’m looking for a way to take advantage of his elite athleticism and possibly disguise the things he doesn’t do well.
    Depending on what happens with Dupree I wouldn’t be opposed to drafting the right guy at S in the 2nd or 3rd if he’s there...jmo

8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I did. Just before the draft. I still do believe Pittsburgh should have selected a safety in Round One as Morgan Burnett was not going to last the full season. I still was in initial shock that Terrell Edmunds was the choice despite the likes of Justin Reid and Ronnie Harrison being on the board.

Now, to answer your question, according to Pro Football Reference, he was a UT or Under Tackle. What is interesting is that an Under Tackle is 3 Tech Defensive Tackle in college. He then switched to Linebacker in his Sophomore Season and then Safety soon in his Junior Season. That is very unusual for certain.

Overall, as I said, he is still very much raw in the finer points of being a Safety. However, there in lies the issue, he is still developing overall. For that matter, the trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick may just be more than replacing Sean Davis.

The trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick has to be a countdown timer for Terrell Edmunds. Both are from the same class. No way the Steelers are paying both.