1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

A mock I don't hate

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Fugitive60, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Fugitive60

Fugitive60 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Saw this http://stillcurtain.com/2016/04/25/steelers-draft-comprehensive-and-final-7-round-draft/
    at a site called Still Curtain, crafted by Perry Biggerstaff, of whom I have never heard.

1st round: 25th overall selection: Houston cornerback, William Jackson III

2nd round: 58th overall selection: South Carolina State defensive tackle, Javon Hargrave

3rd round: 89th overall selection: Duke safety, Jeremy Cash

4th round: 123rd overall selection: Mississippi State quarterback, Dak Prescott

6th round: 220th overall pick (compensatory): Temple cornerback, Tavon Young

7th round: 229th overall pick: Maryland defensive end, Quinton Jefferson

7th round: 246th overall pick: Baylor wide receiver, Jay Lee

Based on the combined criteria of need, player availability, and inferred Steelers' intentions, I think this mock is pretty good. I would think the Hargrave and Cash picks could be swapped, with Cash going in the second and vice versa. I don't like the idea of drafting a QB, but Prescott would send Landry Jones packing. Tavon Young will be a playmaker. Quinton Jefferson is an under the radar type guy, and I like to see native Pittsburghers get a chance to play for their hometown team. Jay Lee would need a year on the practice squad, but he would then be ready next year when both Wheaton and DHB will probably be gone.