1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

A few observations watching the KC game last night...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelballz, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Steelballz

Steelballz Active Member

Oct 17, 2011
    1. I hope they start Palko again! This guy has a wet noodle for an arm, and a Pats backfield made up of scrubs due to injurys had 3 int's. Our DB's should have a field day this wknd!

2. BA really needs to factor in Tamba Hali in his game plan. This guy is a beast and looks to be impossible to stop.

3. KC also has a backfield made up of scrubs, so if Ben gets good blocking, he could have a record day passing with the speed we have at WR's...even with a broken thumb!

4. I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe turkey day! I will be cheering on the 49ers with a cold rolling rock in my hand!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!! :herewego: :herewego: :herewego:

2. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Your #1 is hilarious....our db's catch the ball!?

3. Steelballz

Steelballz Active Member

Oct 17, 2011

A guy can dream can't he?? Haha!

4. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Palko did look terrible. I'd almost like to see Ben sit and rest his thumb if it would help.

5. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I will be at the game and to your observations, we should be able to dominate them??????? I was also at the game here in KC two years ago when the chiefs beat us. Regardless of the chiefs record, being that the game is a sunday night primetime matchup, the crowd noise could create issue for our offense. It did exactly that against the Chargers on Halloween night...the crowd was crazy. The Steelers just need to jump out early to a two touchdown lead and take the "chiefs" crowd out of it. There will be probably 20,000 Steeler fans there just like two years ago. Looking forward to it. C'mon 49ers, take out the Ravens on turkey night, you also have plenty to play for!

P.S. Antonio Brown will be at our Steeler Bar here in KC signing autographs on Sat night during our pep rally. In case no one knows it, Antonio's dad coaches a high school football team here in KC and comes to our Steelers bar to watch the games with us when he is not at Heinz field in person. He's a cool dude and fun to get Steeler insights from!

6. spleeny09

spleeny09 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I was flipping back and forth between the hockey game and MNF. I saw more hockey than I did football, but when I did see Palko...I didn't think he looked too bad. He definitely tried to force the ball way too much and made terrible mistakes on the INT's...but I thought he had a couple good drives only to ruin them by his forced INT's. The dude has passion too...seemed to let his WR's know when he felt they were in the wrong place and let his lineman know when they weren't holding their blocks long enough for him to make his reads. I think we win the game...but I don't think it is going to be as easy as everyone else seems to think it will be. We seem to let young QB's have career days when they face us...not quite sure why. I think we should start out the game and Bump the WR off of their routes early in their route while we send 6 guys just about every snap. Get in the guys head and rattle him early and maybe force a few turnovers....then adjust to the screens and draws as and if they adjust.

7. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I saw where palko used to be backup for us......I didn't even remember that

8. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    yea he was on our PS up untill last year

9. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    :hmmm:
    If u r going to dream....dream big!

10. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The chiefs started off great and then fizzled out.We start off HOT and they will be in trouble.If sanders and woodley are back for this game then the chiefs will be in trouble from the very beginning.I'm so excited about our potential at this time.

11. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    What I was wondering was, did Shane Falco and the boys start good or was NE just not ready to play? I realize with the genius as head coach that I just made a ridiculous statement. But something has to be the reason for what happened the first 20 minutes of that ball game.

12. lostyank

lostyank Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Tamba Hali and crew were pretty impressive in the 1st half. Kinda fell apart in the 2nd, but it shows that the Steelers need to beef up that O-line. At least for the 1st half, then it's easy street! :shock:

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just remember folks, a couple years back in KC we were suppose to walk all over them?
    Also I beleive the same year we made Bruce Gradkowski of the Raiders look like
    Joe Montana? Its a crap shoot with these current PGH Steelers and of the past 20 years
    of Steeler football. They sure are not the Dynasty teams of the 70's were they showed no mercy on the opponent.

14. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Didn't we bring Palko up from the practice squad for the game that Dixon started against the Ravens a couple years ago?