1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

A few hours later

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Jan 9, 2012.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I have spent most of the day pissed off. I was talking to a guy and he said you want to feel bad then come be a falcons fan with me. he said at least you know going into next year you guys will still contend. It got me thinking, he is right. I know being a steelers fan I am a bit spoiled. We will be fine we always are. I like screaming about the coaches sucking, players that cant get it done, and even our quarterback. truth is, we have a top notch coach who the players love, some of the best players at their position in the league and a qb I wouldnt trade for 98% of the other qbs in the nfl. yesterday was dissapointing, but we will be back and we will get number 7 soon. Tomlin is our head coach and he is going nowhere. the Rooneys have forgot more about football and how to run an organization than I will EVER know. I love the steelers and I am gonna support whatever they do. I will continue to complain and ***** and get pissed off, but my love will never waiver. GO STEELERS!!!! we'll get em next year

2. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    no, no we wont be fine unless we make some changes or we will be back where we are.

3. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Oh please I've been hearing every year that if we don't make huge changes we won't do anything the following year. We lost last night, so what get over it we will be back next year.

4. weegie87

weegie87 Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Wow, what a hard, frustrating day this has been...Some changes are going to take place, overall, this franchise is in good shape, and in good hands. Most teams in the league would not have been able to sustain winning football with the injuries the Steelers faced. Some core young guys gained invaluable experience as a result. Next year could very well be a transitional year, esp if both LeBeau and Arians are not around. However, there is no denying the talent in that locker room. Many positives...Antonio Brown, Cortez Allen, Lewis, Heyward, and Gilbert to name a few. OTA's and minis will help this club. The hunger will be there, esp will some of the guys with two rings not being around. Very proud of Roethlisberger...He has become a leader..A few mssing pieces, but not many...Still darn proud to be a Steeler Fan!

5. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

He didnt say we wouldnt do anything the following year....he said we would be right back where we are this year which is being 12-4 (thanks mostly to a very easy schedule) and losing to a .500 team in the first round of the playoffs.

6. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    :amen:

7. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Agreed agreed agreed and agreed here. The Steelers never rebuild - they reload and attack! It's easy to forget after last night that this is a very good football team. And that does not change going into next year. Just as it has been for the last 40 years - the Steelers will be a part of the conversation next year. Getting to the playoffs is taken for granted by Steeler Nation. It is expected - and certainly not appreciated for the accomplishment it is. As we saw last night - once the post season begins, anything can happen. It is not what happened this year, or last that matters - but what they do with it as a team. The Steelers have consistently learned and moved on. Salary issues and just plain hindsight will lead to changes - but all teams do that every year. One thing that we can be sure of is that the players that step onto Heinz Field next year will make us proud once again and work their a$$es off to get us where we want to be. Honestly, I don't think there are many teams who understand the fans more than the Steelers players do.

Onward and upward!

8. one4theotherthumb

one4theotherthumb Active Member

Oct 30, 2011
    There's no doubts that there are opportunities to reload with the return of Hampton, Smith, Foote, Farrior, Kemo, Battle, Sepulveda, Mendenhall, Starks, Colon, Wards... very questionable. Let's hope we can find enough ammo to replace what we loose.