1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

A few coaches may retire

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I just saw in the Post an interview with Rooney. Touches on a number of topics, in one part it says;

-- Rooney said that a few coaches also are considering retirement, but would not say which ones.

Who else could he be talking about besides DL or BA? DL is old and BA almost retired last year. Man this place will be like Christmas morning if it turns out to be BA :lolol:

Rest of the article is here:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12017/1204097-100.stm

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Could be just about anyone on this list:

http://www.steelers.com/team/coaches.html

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Or shoot there could be others not even on that list that are just "minor people" in the whole picture but still considered "coaches".

4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought about that but most on that list are too young to "retire" more like find a position with another team.

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I wonder if its one of those retire or your fire kind of deals

6. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I was thinking more like the scene in the Wizard of Oz, (ding dong the bubble screen is dead!!)

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

9. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Mitchell is 58, Butler is 54, Daniel is 57, Everest coached back in the 70s so he has to be in his 50s-60s as well and Giemont is 53. Staying on or coaching somewhere else could depend on a few things. Health, family situation, how much money they have in the bank and what other opportunities they may have like front office or another business completely.

Who knows.[/quote:1b3v3q8s]

That and was just coming here to say never mind, I read the full interview and in a separate question he was asked about coordinators, he said he expects them back. I took "coaches" to mean all of them.[/quote:1b3v3q8s]
    what a buzz-kill

10. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    unfortunately i dont live in the burg but i thought SC reported that DL is coming back?

11. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    BREAKING NEWS: In other coaching news it has been learned that the Patriots are to announce the hiring of Brian Billick and are in the process of exhuming the body of Steve Mcnair(God rest his soul) in attempt to gain the upper -hand against the Ravens. lol C'mon man they hire Mcdaniels a week before they play the Broncs. it couldn't wait till off-season. They always seem to be in the middle of some sketchy *hit!

12. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Ain't that the truth. CHEATERS!!

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    nothing is known about kirby wilsons situation yet either. last i heard , he is going to need surgery from his burns in the fire. we may be up for a new RB's coach. this could be a long recovery for him. Tim Spencer? from the bears maybe. :cool:

14. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I could see:

Arians
    DL
    Al Everest
    Kirby Wilson - due to health reasons