1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

A few afterthoughts

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by merlin111, Dec 20, 2011.

1. merlin111

merlin111 Active Member

Nov 3, 2011
    1. It may be time to go in a new direction. The way Goodell has changed the league its obvious to all its so lopsided in favor of the off. its getting ridiculous. Signing Timmons and Woodley to big deals this off season may have been huge mistakes. If you think about it is hard to name another nfl team that has truly great multiple lbers AND a really good off. line. I grew up being a Steeler fan because of Lambert, Greene, Lloyd, Woodson, and other great defensive players. None of them could play competitive football today with the way the rules are enforced. Im not sure with a salary cap being in place it is even a good idea to try and go the jets route with stars like revis and cromartie, or like the eagles with amdi, cromartie, and that bunch. Look how that has helped them this year. Im at the point where I would do some major trading if possible and secure an all pro line from end to end using the draft as well.

2. I have a disdain beyond explanation for both of those smug, arrogant harbaugh brothers. The loss tonite hurt for more than the obvious reasons.

3. Down 17 with under 2 minutes left and Ben is still in the game. This tells me Ben has more control than Tomlin likes or will admit to. No other way to explain it except padding a little yardage stat, or plain damn stubborness. Either way Tomlin should have a better control on this, and I like Tomlin just disagree with some decisions.

4. There is a guy who post here who has at the end of every post something to the nature that Ziggy Hood gets owned on every play. Well sir if you were going to court and had to prove this, take tonites game film with you, you will win your case hands down. Lackluster to say the least.

5. Maybe as much as I despise Belicheck, he may have it figured out. Besides Mayo and Wilfork can you name another defensive starter for the pats. Remembering his def. that he had as coordinator with the giants and those defenses with bruschi, law, and company with the pats. Today, probably one of the worst defenses in football per statistics, yet they are going to be the number one or at worst number two seed in afc. Hows their off. line? Exactly

6. Im tired of seeing multiple times a game our off. line standing as three or more looking down at Ben like, "what happened to you?". Kemo, gone come off season. Essex, gone come off season. Starx, as much love as he has received lately on here, gone in off season. Starx isnt great, its a matter of lack of options. Pouncey, regardless of how well you play at times, you are no good to any team if you cant stay healthy.

7. We cant run the ball. Period!! As a steeler fan for many decades, I never thought I would say that. Again a lot of this applies to number 6 above.

Just so aggravated after tonights performance, or lack there of. Feel really bad for those faithful that shelled out their hard earned cash for tickets to the game tnite and there were many that supported our black and gold proudly. Unfortunately our team didnt return the favor. I hate losing as much as the next guy but accept its part of any game on certain days. What I witnessed tonight was just sad however.

2. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    1. I agree with the signing of Timmons and Woodley. Neither one of them has done anything major this year. Woodley was out again with his hammy by the third quarter. He might as well shut it down until next year. Timmons has done nothing at all this season. No sacks, no INT's, and not leading the team in tackles. Both of them need to give back some of that money they got.

2. Tomlin has now lost to both of the Harbaugh brothers this year, 3 times total. I can't stand either of them but the 49ers head coach is a better OC then Arians.

3. I do believe that Ben has more control then Tomlin. Ben and Arians run the offense and Ben should have been out of the game when he threw his second INT.

This game was very frustrating tonight. It was a horrible offensive game plan because of Arians. They threw the ball 44 times and only ran it 17 times. Everytime the Steelers throw the ball that many times, they lose.

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    dude we won't ever win again running the ball......this is a passing league now!!!!!!!!!!!!1

4. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Here's what's interesting. Look at the yardage allowed stats for the NFL. GB is #31 and NE is #32, yet those two teams are probably gonna be the #1 Seeds in their conferences.

Neither are great D's to be sure, but they do two things that the Steelers don't do. 1) They get turnovers 2) They get sacks. EDIT:: I stand correctly neither get many more sacks than the Steelers, all 3 teams are in the middle of the pack.

Big plays on D (or as Tomlin calls them 'splash" plays) are more important than yardage allowed. Also those two teams have had lots of games where they've had big leads and had extended periods of garbage time where they surrender lots of yards.

5. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: