1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

A diehard Steeler fan since 1965, could be my last days as a fan.

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steeler guru, Apr 14, 2015.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm: Yeah draft a RB in rd 1 who will get less than 5 touches a game. Name one Wisconsin RB that has been great in the NFL, most of them have been busts.

2. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    [​IMG]

all I want is this
    Steelers chair
    steelers ashtray
    steelers matches........

3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

Ive been a fan since the 50s and starting in the 70s we built this team through the draft, the 70s team won 4 super bowls built completely through the draft, we even had 4 hall of famers come out of 1 draft in the 70s, we had a long 25 year dry spell but through the draft in the 2000s we went to the superbowl 3 times winning two of them and had 18 out of the 22 starters obtained through the draft, name 1 team who drafted better than us over that period that has 6 superbowl wins. Didnt we draft Bell recently, theres your running back and we had to address the Oline, we drafted Ben and without him you wouldnt have an offense...Lets be honest, 6 lombardi trophies attest to how well we have drafted over the decades....

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If they go RB in 1st round, they need to get a lobotomy.

I' rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

5. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Again, I wouldn't hold my breath on it ;)

6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    No crap!

Only reason I clicked was because I thought the guy was dying and had something important to say.

7. steeler guru

steeler guru Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015
    I'm hoping they see the potential in Gordon and take him #1, and I'd like to see them get Amos in round 2 - safety Penn State.
    We need at least 2 corners, and there are plenty out there.
    There is only one good RB that I've seen in college, and Gurley aint it.

AS FOR THE STEELERS STINKING THE PLACE OUT ON DRAFT DAY - AND YOU GUYS HAVE TO DISPUTE ME BY GOING ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE "70'S", WHICH BOLSTERS MY ARGUMENT - TAKE A LOOK AT DRAFT HISTORY FROM 1975 ON, THEN GET BACK TO ME AND SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH US.

FURTHERMORE, what happens if Bell goes down with a knee and is out for a season? You want to put all your eggs in that basket?

With Gordon and Bell, you have 2 guys that could thrive with 20 carries each, and not suffer wear and tear like a guy who has to carry 30 times a game.

Move the chains, burn clock, and long TD runs = w-i-n-s.

8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I disagree with you on what rb's are good, I think Gurley will be good and I will go as far as to say Abdullah, Yeldon, Cobb and Langford would all be good RB's for us. Plus the last 4 I mentioned we wouldn't have to use a 1st rounder on a "what if" pick. I mean if you want to say what if Bell goes down, then maybe we better get into the trade up talk and get to #2 so we can draft Mariota in case Ben goes down......

Like you say we need CB's and add to that OLB bad, add to that a safety. I do not want a RB in the 1st with all these needs we have now on defense. Bell will be back and I have no problem with Williams as a back up to him and lets give Harris a chance as a 3rd stringer.

The days of 30+ carries are long gone, this is the new NFL and that is a passing league.

9. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015
    Yeah, its a passing league, and everybody is dedicated to stopping the passing game.
    SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD TIME TO GROUND AND POUND!

You get 70 plays a game. 20 touches for Bell, 20 touches for Gordon, and 30 passes for Ben.
    Who needs a good D when the offense never comes off the field until they score.?

10. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    No ty I will pass, I will focus on defense in the 1st.

11. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    People like this should not be allowed to have the word "guru" in their name.

12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Dude. We need takeaways/turnovers and not the apple filled variety .. We need to resemble defense of old.. We win Championships when we have a stout defense.

Yeah lets draft an RB.. BPA?

13. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Am I missing the hometown boy connections? Pretty sure Gordon was born and raised in Cheesehead land.

14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

What I said was we made it to the superbowl 7 times through the draft starting in the 70s but I also said there was a 25 year dry spell, but I did say the drafts from 2001 to the present has delivered 3 more super bowl appearances with 2 wins; what you want is a ground and pound game, long TD runs happen only on rare occasions, your not going to see this league returning to ground and pound anytime soon, it's a run to set up the pass league today, so dont expect us to go totally to the ground when we have a QB who can light up the scoreboard in the passing game, we signed Williams to be the back up for Bell when he gets back, and for the first 3 games williams will carry the ball with possibly a later round RB to back him up, but we are not going to spend a 1 or 2 pick on a running back as much as that may make you unhappy...

15. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015
    My argument is that with defenses being built to stop the passing game, it is a good time to have a great ground game. Bell is a good shifty runner who can catch and get first downs, Gordon is a home run hitter.

The name of the game is to move the chains, get first downs, work the clock, and get into scoring position.

Just imagine: Bell and Gordon in a two-back set, Heath at TE, Brown and Wheaton / Bryant split wide.
    Teams aren't built to deal with that.

Now imagine: Bell as one-back, Heath at TE, Brown and Bryant wideout, and Wheaton in the slot.

DEFENSES ARE BUILT TO DEAL WITH THAT.!

16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    So you think that the Offense is not built to "Move the Chains"? And that Bell isn't a homerun hitter? :lolol: They signed Williams to back up Bell remember? Ground and pound while the Defense gets shredded. Yea, that will work.

Corner, OLB, Corner, DE. This Defense is in need of players, not another running back.

Guess your going to be jumping ship...The Clowns are looking for more fans i'm sure.

17. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015
    Well, I got my terrible towel and my #58 jersey soaking in lighter fluid today.
    If the stillers don't get Gordon, Rowe, and Amos is rounds 1,2,3 - then I'm gonna be BBQing steaks with the terrible towel and Lambert jersey.

18. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    That's not even funny. Browns fans have gone to the ER for much less. :lolol:

19. steeler guru

Feb 28, 2015
    Okay, the towel burns, and the #58 jersey goes back into my mamas cedar chest.

20. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Maybe you should go on vacation?

21. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :lolol: Points for you for trying to help instead of just making fun of him, like the reset of us.

Enjoy your last day of being a fan, guy. Have you started looking for new teams? The Browns draft terribly. Oh, The Raiders! They aren't as stupid since Al Davis passed, but they've just got that kind of thing in their blood, you know?

22. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I think there's probably a better shot of Jeff Gordon being on this team at the end of the draft than Melvin Gordon.

23. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

omg lol :facepalm::lolol::lolol::lolol::applaud::cool:

24. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    PUHLEASE you know Jeff is too small to play in the nfl and
    who sports sideburns nowadays