1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

A Degree of Separation

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by The Glory Days, Nov 1, 2017.

1. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    So we're up on the Chiefs who are up on the Pats and in the driver's seat for home field advantage.

Lots of games to be played and anything could happen, but...

Zeke might be suspended this week and miss the Chiefs game.

The Cowboy hater in me wants Zeke suspended. Then I think I want him on the field against the Chiefs to knock them down a peg. But then the realization comes that KC is protecting us from the Pats in a tie breaker.

So is the best scenario Zeke getting suspended and the Chiefs continuing to roll?

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The best scenario is for the Steelers to win out instead of relying on other teams to help us.

BTW - Elliot should have been suspended at the beginning of the season instead of still waddling around. He only played the last two weeks because the judge was on vacation and wasn't going to come off the beach to hand down further disciplinary action after having already did so.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Elliot should've been round canned in the beginning... Yeah we don't know the details etc... But the fool is a fool if he didn't smash a girl, he damn sure was popping tops against a girls will in the off season. He's an idiot. Not saying he can't turn it around. Like our QB did with his dummy days but still, got to serve the punishment and quit babying these assholes. We'd all be pitchforked and locked away but this Players union keeps these kids rolling on.

• Like Like x 2
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I want Dallas to win as many games as they can but miss the playoffs lol. My luck they win the sb and I’ll be around pure cowboys family

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    We need our offense to get on and stay on track and for the defense to continue to improve. If we do that, we should be able to beat the Patriots when we play them and we will get the #1 seed. That plus no key injuries.

6. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I said in the original post that we're in the driver's seat. Winning out would be great, but we haven't proven that we are ready for second tier teams, let alone top tier. We're way too inconsistent to even discuss winning out. Could we? Sure, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    We beat the Chiefs in KC, a first tier team, and Detroit (a 2nd tier team with an elite QB) in their houses. I agree on the consistency concern, but I think that the Jacksonville debacle was just what this team needed to figure out that every week is a challenge.

Bottom line - we’re 6-2, and haven’t hit our stride on offense yet. I like our chances if we stay healthy.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Hopefully my broken clock analogy holds true and gets us by the Chiefs AND the Pats. If we can win in spite of ourselves, I'm okay with that.

9. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    We should win #7 this year unless injuries take us out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Yeah. I will take 6-2 right now despite our inconsistent play to date. A win is a win and I will take what they give at this point. If the offense does what we know it can do, we should be looking good for the remainder of the season. The other side of the coin tells me we may have another easy win or two slip through our fingers. Hope not and the boys prove me wrong.

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Chiefs don't want to face the Steelers in the playoffs
    The Steelers don't want to face the Patriots
    The Patriots don't want to face the Chiefs

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2017-11-2_21-32-41.png

• Like Like x 3
  13. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Even with zeke gone, they still have Alfred Morris and Darren mcfadden...... I don't see the game plan changing

14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    The browns don’t want to face anyone lol

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    They will get their wish

• Like Like x 1