1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

!@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Jan 23, 2017.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    What a wasted opportunity. We handed them that game.:puking 3::puking 4::puking 5::frustrated::icon redface::rant:

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just completely out coached. I was PRAYING we would go in there with an imaginative offensive game plan instead of just showing up with what we have used all season.....I know that got us to the AFC Championship game but that wasn't going to work against the Patriots and we ALL knew it. Then, to play Zone D....for the entire game. All week, I was worried about that Hogan dude....and he shredded us. And, then, to not make any adjustments?? Just really disappointed right now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I can handle a loss, but to play the way we did last night was just terrible. I'm not 100% sure of the reason, but somebody needs to be held accountable.

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    Pretty sure we didn't hand them the game. They flat out whooped our ass. Their hurry up offense in the beginning was just toying with our D. We weren't even in position half the time before Brady hiked the ball! They barely even tried running it in the beginning. We knew the pass was coming and STILL couldn't' do anything about it. Doing the same thing over and over again with the same result = STUPIDITY. They played the same Defense that Brady has shredded in every game in the past and the pundits all week were saying that Brady was going to shred them if they don't do something different. And behold our swiss cheese defense.

It is so difficult to get everything aligned to even get to the AFC Championship game and to get embarrassed like this is just so frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I'd have to look at the actual play-by-play log, but at one point they ran Lewis on the SAME EXACT play 4 straight times. And we pretty much did not stop it any of the 4 times.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I didn't even know who he was before yesterday. Ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I watched him against the Texans and knew, if we played the Patriots, he would be a problem. He is the same as Edelman or Jordy Nelson. We have no answer for those kinds of little dudes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You were right, he killed us.

9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    the sad thing is when big butt sacked brady i was like "alright we might get this guy"

then brady basically dusted himself off and said "game on"

and then just had fun with our D. toyed around, played around, and did what he wanted to.

10. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I was screaming for someone to put a shoulder into one of those little guys. Tackle him head on and crush him.... never happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

We got our asses kicked. If we lost a game we should have won I'd be really upset.

Tomlin was schooled. That was text book "out coached" as I've ever seen. It was scheme against scheme and they made us look like fools. Almost like they knew what we were going to do before each play. :hmm:

I seriously wonder if they did not cheat. The last time we met them in the AFCC they cheated and should have been ripped of their title. Imagine if you know every blitz thats coming, zone vs man coverage, run vs pass...all before the ball is snapped. this is an advantage that you cannot over come.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    The crazy thing about Hogan was that he went uncovered. Some how the Patriots knew our coverage at the time was going to let him run free and he did. We did not know what to do with his routes. If we covered him it left someone else uncovered.

13. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    OK. I just found out I come from the same town as Chris Hogan...

Anyway, although this is very hard to swallow- fact is, the other team was better. This is what happens in sports, and when you follow a team. Our justifiable hatred of that team does not change the fact . Why do you think Bengals fans hate us so much?

Yes, opportunity lost, season over. But until Brady retires and/or they figure out a way to stop him (I see the former happening first), then we aren't going to beat that team under normal circumstances.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    I knew of him only because he burned the Ravens for a 79 yard TD on a Monday night game in December. And when I got to work the next day we were all talking about how he only had 12 receptions playing college football at Monmouth in NJ! Give it to Brady and Belicheck, they get the most out of the players they have that's for sure!

15. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Your absolutely right, We got beat handily in all phases of the game. I will enjoy the Falcons beating the Pats.

16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    i want brady to win. maybe then he will gtfoh

his desire to have most sb's as a qb is ridiculous. need this guy outta here somehow someway.

17. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree 86WardsWay and I didn't know that you spoke Q-Bert.