1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

9-8

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by DJ18Baller, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Anything less than a playoff win will be be a bad season.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    I agree 100% with you. 9 - 8 is the most likely outcome with the 3 games you mentioned being the keys.

Amazing that the Houston loss may be the killer at the end of the year, both adding a loss the Steelers won't be able to afford but also costing a tiebreaker vs the Texans.

I don't see the Steelers winning in Cleveland, Settle or Baltimore and I think with Burrow healthy, the Steelers can't win with only a 4 quarter show up from the office either time (that's why the it's not okay that Pickett only shows in the 4th - they'll be buried by Burrow if they wait until the 4th quarter).

Seattle is a really tough place to play.

You have to figure Miami, Buffalo, Baltimore get to 10 wins and KC and Jacksonville win their divisions (probably over 10 wins too). If Cincy beats the Steelers twice and gets to 9 wins, that means there are 6 teams ahead or in (division winners) so the Steelers are competing vs Cleveland, Jets, Chargers and Houston (you can make a case they could get to 9 wins) for the last spot.

3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I don't necessarily disagree, from the beginning of the year I have felt we could be anywhere between 7 and 12 wins, while 12 seems far fetched at this point, it is just the way things and we have played out. The 2 cincy games might be blow out losses, or we keep it close and squeeze out both. This team is to unpredictable, usually bad, that even in the post game MT had a hard time finding words, lol. Something like we focused on winning 3rd downs because that gives you more snaps, then only mentioned one thrid down on the first drive. I know it's more than that and it's a presser, but it just becomes laughable over time.

4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I didn't realize how nasty our schedule sets up for end of season. For each of those 3 teams I'm pretty sure those games will be huge in their effort to make Playoffs and/or Playoff positioning. Sure the hell hate that those last 2 are away but we won once out in the wild west. We all know the troubles we have had in the past out west so maybe Pickett will own the west just like Ben owned Ohio. We can hope.

Teams do change over a course of the season. Some for the better and some not so much. My hope coming into those last 3 is that the Steelers have jelled into a better team. Especially going to need Pickett's confidence to grow.

5. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Yep, with the Steelers I'm way past the point where making the Playoffs is enough. Now the Pirates win 82 games I'm happy but I expect more from the Steeler organization.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Your right, most thought 8-9 but how we rebounded with a rookie QB from 2-6 and those 3 wonderful meaningless games made our hopes soar a tad bit higher. Must admit it got me thinking of visions of sugarplums.;)

7. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    It is so simple I can't believe nobody thought of it. Simply win out and hope KC loses a game so we get the bye. Easy peasy;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    That’s completely fair. But the idea that Tomlin or the players are satisfied with Just ekeing out a 9-8 season is ridiculous. It’s people buying into the mantra of the media.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I would never say MT or tha players were satisfied with those results, especially the players, heck there is a lot to play for in the post season, one is money. The biggest factor is at the top, Steelers ownership has traditionally not been actively involved (at least not publicly) in the teams operation. The low key approach has a lot of merit when you see the crap show ops in some teams around the league, but it also has drawbacks when a team becomes stagnate. To keep or not retain MT is not something to be taken lightly, but to keep the same philosophy in not moving on from coach's whose area of operation has underperformed is pathetic.

10. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Don't forget that undefeated preseason!

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dude. There is a thread with most of our previous predictions .

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I see most of the people complaining about who will beat us, are almost the same people that predicted that Levis would torch us with over 4 tds last night. LoL

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    I want to see your run down of what’s left. Not what you predicted 3 months ago we have a lot more data now.

Plus I’m too lazy to understand where to dig that up

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    10- 6- 1. Same as I predicted at the beginning. The thread should be updated soon if @steel machine does His job. LoL
    Sorry I do not go in fear of the Ravens, or the Browns like a bunch do.
    You talk about winning with smoke ,and mirrors....that's the browns....Browns...., and most teams that hardly face the Ravens lose to them, but look at the teams that face them more often. Hell we have beaten the Ravens 5 out of the last 6 games.

• Like Like x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The schedule won't play out like that, injuries and upsets will be a factor with the rest of the schedule.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I think we play division teams tough. We should do better than that. Anything less than 10-7 is on the pessimistic side IMO. As we have seen in the past, the most important thing is Watt playing. Watt plays every game, then we get at least 10-7.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  17. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    You seriously project a tie?? Come on that’s crazy! Fair enough though. I don’t fear the Browns and said that is a game we could win because that offense is almost as bad as ours. Normally I’d agree about Lamar but he looks different with this new OC. He looks scary good right now which sucks for us. check out his stats this year….

18. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    OK that’s fine and I agree injuries can skew things but as we stand now what’s your call? What games am I wrong on?

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't need to. We beat Him on His MVP season.

20. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    then get ready for a bad season. most of us saw this coming before the season, if that is the definition. it is mine, by the way

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Bad IDK but certainly dissapointing

Maybe by definition that is bad

22. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    He is throwing the ball better this year. That was more about his legs.

23. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    If we go 9-8, Tomlin will still be celebrated as a coaching genius by the media.

24. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    In that case why did they keep Matt Canada this year after 2 awful years on offense? Only the Steelers would have done that in the NFL

25. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Lamar beat the steelers in his only game against us in 2019.....