1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

7rd Mock

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 11, 2017.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i like the kid from james madison. khalid abdullah. :cool:

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Aaron Jones RB UTEP had the second highest SPARQ score among running backs... And had 7.7 YPC last year. 5 fumbles in 4 year career. 28 receptions last year for a 8.3 avg. Lower competition for sure, but the explosion is there.

3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Shhh! .......love to nab him where you have him slotted...

5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Stumbled upon some tape of Joe Williams a couple weeks ago ...SD has a scouting report on him today. What are your thoughts? He has a little blip on his resume where he quit football for a minute but he is explosive and if he can be had around the 5 th or 6th he looks like a player...As a side note I would like to see them maybe bring Todman back on the cheap and let him battle it out with Toussaint and maybe this time they will see who the better option is...especially on KO returns.

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
  7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    not watching his tape. that time seems way off to his speed on the field. the kid gets it done. they rode him all the way to the national championship. i watched him carve up ND St. and the youngstown st. in very impressive fashion rushing and receiving. the first thing i thought was this kid runs and catches like bell does. lots of the defenders he carved up are in this draft too. i would love to have him in pittsburgh. i think he'd fit right in. :smiley1::cool:

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I watched one of them clips that was posted and then when I read his 40 time I was blown away. I thought the same thing no way did he look that slow on film. However with him playing vs "lower" talent the speed has to make you wonder no? I did like what I saw, he looked like he hit the hole good but yet still was shifty up field. This RB class just keeps getting better and better, at this rate no need to draft a guy grab one as a FA.

9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I would like to see Pittsburgh go after a vet RB in FA also, I don't know if Todman would be brought back,but someone like Tim Hightower if he doesn't sign with the 49ers would be a nice signing to me. Then also address the position in the draft. Rounds 5-7 possibly. Joe Williams stood out at the combine to me and also I liked what I saw when I was watching Takk McKinley vs Utah. His past will have to be gauged in interviews I'm sure. I haven't watched more than 2 games on him though.

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Joe Williams was on movin the chains and I missed his interview but PK had nothing but good things to say about the answers he gave. He said he was pretty honest and pretty up front about what had happened.

• Like Like x 1