1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

7rd Mock

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Saw this mock, not bad. TJ is growing more and more on me, Williams and Sutton seem good, Everett is a TE I have liked for a while, took notice of Griffin at the combine. Don't know about Perine as RB, I prefer a guy that has Bells skill set. Dont know anything about his 6th and 7th but wouldn't waste a pick in the 6th on a QB and especially just because a guy throws hard. They have a BU in Landry. If drafting a QB, should be Bens heir apparent.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...turday-post-combine-edition-tj-watt-nfl-draft

2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    1st and 2nd rounders look very good to me (based on what I've seen so far). I keep hearing Sutton's name come up as a good prospect, but haven't watched him yet. Perrine has the FBS single game rushing record (427 yards), but don't know much more other than watching a few OK games on Saturdays. Don't know much about the rest.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Cameron Sutton reminds me a bit of Ross Cockrell. Smaller yes... but quicker.

4. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Really enjoyed this mock Blast. Great find indeed!

My thoughts are much similar in the facet of the draft order for rounds one to three.

Have not figured out the rest of the picks on my end though. Going to have to work on that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I would like those first 5 rounds minus Perine. Nothing against the player but would like a different type of RB chosen. If Perine is the guy they pick, I'm not upset either though, just a preference.

7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I would love to be able to get Aaron Jones in the 6th like you have in your mock. He really flew under the radar at the combine,his performance was outstanding.....

• Like Like x 1
  8. StillHERNation

StillHERNation Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Steelers are switchibg to man coverage. Cam Sutton is not our guy if thats true. It'll be a ballhawk.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I think they want the ability to play more man, I don't think they will be "switching to man". They lacked the personnel to man up when they needed to and that's what they are trying to fix. I doubt a serious scheme overhaul is coming out way

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This. They want to be multiple and have the ability to mix it up. They aren't abandoning zone.

11. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    living here in Tennessee I get to see Sutton a lot. he can play man and was ask to alot

12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I had him going round 2 last year. Sad to see though he drops a grade due to the abundance of corner options than in 2016.

13. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Who says they are?

Playing entirely one or the other requires a transcendent talent. The last two I thought that could do that was Champ Baliey and Darrelle Revis.

14. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The injury hurt him a lot. He is a good kid so I wouldn't mind seeing him picked. He should be solid but not great

15. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    An earlier poster said something to the effect of "the Steelers are switching to zone"

Even those guys played some zone. You can't play zone or man it up all game long. You gotta mix it up and you'll even have different game plans against different teams (zone heavy vs some and man heavy vs others). Unfortunately we lacked the capable personnel to play enough man to hang with the pats last year

16. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Not a bad mock and I agree with everything you said here, however did you watch the highlight film on that 7th round guy from Pitt St? Man he has one heck of a motor really liked what I saw there. Not a fan of the QB or Perine and I am in high agreement about a RB with Bell's skill set....I like Elijah McGuire for that pick.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    DeAngelo Henderson. This is me on record late round hyping the guy to be a good RB in the pros.

18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Is he a Bell type or more straight ahead runner, what do you like about him? I will check him out when I get a chance.

19. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Doesnt have Bells patience. He tries to hit the holes quick. Maybe he learns something from Bell though. Low center of gravity. Undersized a bit @ 5' 7" 208lbs. Produced a lot against low level competition. So hes 5-6 round projected for a reason. BUT he runs strong, he keeps churning. Hes shown effectiveness blocking and receiving and hes aggressive. Hes not only willing to block he dishes out pain when he runs more than he takes. Hes got good speed but better acceleration. 4.48 40 time but it happens FAST. He's not great getting through tight spaces like Bell but in space he's good. I think behind our line hed be great backing up Bell. Because hes also a receiving back. Small. But plays big.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I just have a feeling about that guy. He stood out to me at the combine. His drills were fluid. He's got sweet feet. And then when i watched film, even though hes small, hea got such a low center of gravity he just always stays upright, like a weeble wobble.

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I only found one video of him on draft breakdown and that was from 2014. He is shifty and kinda reminds me of MJD, what I didn't like was in that game he caught one pass and that was the last play of the game. I looked up his stats and he only had 20 receptions last year. I will say this, I want a RB who has the same skill set as Bell so if something happens to Bell we don't have to change the whole offensive scheme. Some guys I like is McCaffrey and Hunt are two more known players but I also like I'Tavius Mathers from Middle Tenn. St. and Elijah McGuire from UL-Lafayette.

22. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I'd be ecstatic for McCaffery. I'll watch some film on Mathwrs and McGuire. I really think we should draft a rb but go for a high ceiling guy because our OL is so good lately under munch that it can make any rb better

23. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

that was in 9 games. he had 73 the prior two years. 6 TD's total receiving 97 catches. he's got very good numbers. :cool:

24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Wow, wonder why the drop last year and also wonder why on draft breakdown he only was thrown at once.

25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I want a RB as well and that is what is nice about the 4 guys I mentioned, the first two are top 2 round guys and the last 2 can be anywhere between 4-7.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/elijah-mcguire/

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/itavius-mathers/