1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

7:37, 2nd QTR— The moment Our season was saved

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Oct 29, 2019.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Down 14-0 , 3rd down and 11 yds to Go at the 2, QB takes the snap in the end zone AND Mason makes a great throw for the 1st down!!!!

Mason has struggled all game, looked horrible, bad throws and decisions, has taken a couple hits and with this throw it was like he was awakened from a slumber. He drove the team down the field. If not a WR slipping down on a key 3rd down we may have scored a TD.... ended up with a FG.......

With time in the 1st half running out and a defensive stop via an int Mason again drives the team. Yes, another bad throw and a offensive Pass interference call that would have us in the red zone at the one BUT now we’re 3rd and 20 at the 45 with 20 seconds left in the half and the fins rightfully believe Mason is struggling, they all out blitz, he remains calm and hits DJ on a crosser who then scores... end of half score 14-10 And we get the ball 1st in the 2nd half.....

We go on to win and Mason Never looked defeated or shaken. Bad throws and decisions and the Crowd booing and he kept his composure, stayed in the game mentally and got better in the. 2nd half saving our season for if we had lost that game it would have been the nail...... we still aren’t out of the woods but I like what I’m seeing, the fight, the mental toughness and the desire in This team to win.

THIS is why I’m a Steeler Fan!!!!!

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    another thing that i noticed in the second half was recievers coming back, and fighting for the ball..they knew mason was struggling and they did everything that they could to help him out, and gain some confidence.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    My thing is Mason was never defeated mentally, never lost his confidence even thru the boo’s and some bad play .....

As he plays more and practices more with this team all that is going to clear up.....

Watching this young receiver Corp grow and become a great unit is going to be a beautiful thing to watch!!!

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    And this was right after being booed. Fired the team up.

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Mason has still not been accurate. He is throwing some dangerous throws, but some beauties as well.. beauties that Mariota, Duck, Tebow or Fitzpatrick can't do lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Tebow? You’re right,except against us....:facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I still can't believe the Dolphins coaching staff called a TO there on 3rd and 20 and then Blitz 8 players leading to an easy TD. Mason picked it up brilliantly but I doubt any other team in the league offers that up the way they did.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I thought that another huge momentum swing was on the first Minkah interception. The Dolphins had the ball near midfield up 14-3 just before the end of the first half. I feared that they were going to score and go up at halftime either 17-3 or 21-3 but Minkah picked off the tipped pass and then Rudolph hits Johnson on the 3rd and 20 to cut the score to 14-10. It was a swing of possibly 10 or even 14 points in our favor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Mason started off terribly but no one was helping him out. The DB played the ball better than JuJu did on the INT. Washington had a ball clank off his hands that could have been picked. It wasn't just Rudolph although he certainly was bad to start. Regardless he hung in there and started making plays. Even the over throws late were thrown to the right guys but were just a bit too long. You'd love to see Mason start better but at least we know he isn't mentally weak and won't fold when faced with adversity. He's barely played but I think there is a lot to like so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Rudolph needs to be quicker with decision making and throwing the ball in front of the receiver. Several times he threw behind the receiver, where one was picked, and some were broken up. It will be interesting to see if he can improve against a good Colts defense.

11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Colts probably want revenge for always losing to us lol. lost 5 straight and its been 11 years since they last beat us.

12. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Flores tried to get tricky. I have seen NE pull that off but the Dolphins don't have the players.

13. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    He was rusty for sure at the beginning of the game, but I don't know anyone that wouldn't be after the shot he took that knocked him out. I think the commentators were right when they said the shot quarter that he took on the chin help give him some confidence back. He can take a hit and not worry about getting knocked out again.