1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

4th Seed Or 6th Seed (Missing Playoffs Will Be Horrible For The Steelers)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jay31, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    If the Steelers end up being a 4th seed, I really hope the Chiefs, Chargers or Texans get the 1st seed. Assuming that the Steelers win their Wildcard game, I rather the Steelers travel to either Kansas City, Houston or Los Angeles in the Divisional round instead of having to go to New England. The Chiefs, Patriots, and Texans remaining schedule seems easier than the Steelers remaining schedule. The Steelers can forget about the 1st, and 2nd seed. My gut feeling is telling me the Steelers will not get that 3rd seed, and end up as a 4th seed. The Ravens are very close on passing the Steelers for that AFC North title. But I think the Steelers will hold on to win it. But if the Ravens end up winning it, I believe the Steelers will be a 6th seed at worst. Which will be bad in the sense that Pittsburgh went from being a Super Bowl contender getting a bye or a home Wildcard game to being a 6th seed.

2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    What on earth are you talking about? Have you not seen how we are trending our last two games? We'll be lucky to beat Oakland. We have a real good chance of losing 3 or more games I am afraid. In my opinion, we have played 1, maybe 2 teams that are better than us talent wise but didn't win in 5 games. Our next game will tell me all I need to know about the rest of the season so here we go. Tomlin vs Chuckie, oh boy.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh missing the playoffs can happen. Baltimore defense is playing top notch. Unless the Steelers upset NE
    or the Saints in NO it can happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yep Steelers took things for granted. Their fault

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
  6. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I just don't seeing this team beat the Chiefs the way they've been playing. They could go toe to toe with them if they eliminated all of the mental mistakes/fumbles/silly picks etc..

This team is very talented, but they've been sloppy beating themselves most games.

I'll still be cheering them on regardless the outcome

7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It's either 4th seed or bust at this point. And that's if the Ravens tank 2 games. Steelers will not get the 6th seed. Too many teams will have better records by week 17... and the tie will be a negative, not a positive. 6th seed will be a log jam between Ravens, Broncos, Colts, Titans. KC or LAC will get 5th seed.

Steelers have to beat the Raiders and Bengals to get to 9 wins. The other two games vs. NE and NO are guaranteed losses. If Steelers only win one game out of the remaining 4... they are done.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    When I say "Can not miss the playoffs, I mean missing the playoffs would be a horrible end to this season. Of course the Steelers can miss the playoffs. And if they do, this will probably be the most disappointing Steelers season ever in franchise history.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Yupp. The Broncos lost started it all..

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Colts, Broncos, Dolphins, and Titans are the biggest competition for the 6th seed.
    2 more wins should be enough for the playoffs. Be nice to right this ship, win this week and start a run.

11. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    There’s also a consequence of losing to the Chargers that might make getting the division much more difficult. That consequence is if the Chargers lose at KC (very likely), they may have clinched the 5 seed with no improvement possible heading into their game against.... you guessed it.... the Baltimore Ravens.... and for all the talk about how you need to keep players engaged and active, if that happens, the Chargers will tank that game faster than a Ryan Succop shank....