1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

49ers will give us trouble

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't have a good feeling about that game. I was watching the Giants/49er game Sunday and they are a confident, feisty bunch that executes well. Solid running game, their QB Smith is playing very efficient and they have a couple TE's that can give us problems. I think we will need a game plan similar to what we used against the Pats. 49ers don't have a vertical games so we need to take away the underneath stuff but the 49ers have a running game which the Pats do not. They also have a better defense. Thoughts?

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Depending on player health for the rest of the season, SF is the only team I'm concerned about. 8-1 is not a fluke.

3. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    I would concentrate on the Chiefs,Bungals and Stains before giving any consideration to the 49ers..One game at a time...

4. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    the 49ers are good, but if the Steelers play their A game and if the 49ers play their A game, the Steelers would win.

look at the teams by position.

qb - Steelers
    Rb - 49ers, but not by much
    wr - Steelers
    te - Steelers - Davis is good, but Miler is better
    oline - probably the 49ers
    lbs - as a whole the Steelers. Willis is awesome, but ill take Harrison, Woodley, Timmons and Farrior against any group in the legue
    secondary - the 49ers have the ints. but as a whole i will take the Steelers. especially if Gay plays like he did against the Bengals
    dline - the Steelers dline hasnt been as good as in years past. Keisel has been great, but Hampton has shown his age, Smith is probably done and Hood hasnt taken that next step as we all had hoped.

i think this game will come down to coaching. can Tomlin make the adjustments? thats always the question.

if Tomlin can out couch Harbaugh then the Steelers have the edge almost everywhere else.

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    who am I? A player :scratch: Im worried about the 49ers :this:

6. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have been thinking about starting this thread too as I have the same feelings. I too watched much of the Giants/49ers game and they are a tough team. In their house on the West coast. Probably good that its a Monday Night game.

As a receiving threat that can put up some YAC I would actually give the edge to Vernon Davis based on how each are used in their respective offensive attacks. Other than that I would agree with above assessment and I would say it is going to take the Steelers playing at least at the highest level they have this year for the full 60 min to come out of there with a win. SF doesn't seem like a team that is up and down like us so don't count on them not showing up.

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Earlier in the season, Aside from NE, SF is the only game on the rest of the schedule I've seen as a potential loss. I didn't think we'd get beat by the rats in our own house. I agree that if we both bring our A games, and we are healthy, we should come out on top. They've only lost one game for a reason, but I don't think the 49ers are quite as great as the talking heads make them out to be. Honestly, I hate west coast games in general.

8. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well the game concerns me, but it's like a ways away from now so I'm not focused on it for now. Besides by then, maybe the 49ers have the #2 seed locked up, won't possibly need to play for anything, you never know!

9. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    If as a player you are not worried about the 49ers,I would be worried about you.They are a good team! We are going cross country to play them.They may well have the best record in the NFC or better yet the NFL when we play them....Give them their due!!..Lets take care of business the 3 weeks before we play them.This game will have a hugh outcome on both conferences.But we have to win the games before this game for this game to matter.....ONE AT A TIME !!!! !

10. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Take a look at their schedule. Before they play the Steelers they have Arizona twice, the Rams, and the Rats. Easy 3-1. Then after they lose to the B&G they have the Seahawks and Rams. These guys are playing a College schedule. While they may get a lot of cheap wins, they aren't going anywhere in the playoffs.

11. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Man I must be in the minority but I would much rather play the 49ers as compared to nfc teams like the packers, saints, lions, or giants
    they dont scare me in the least

12. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    One loss to the cowgirls... Their due for another, at least we know they'll beat the Rats...... Can't wait!!!

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Packers and Saints are the only two that would worry me out of those teams.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

Man I hope so, I can't handle losing to another Harbaugh :beg:

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :this!: But I hope we play one of them because that would mean we are in the SB :rawk: :herewego:

16. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    If a player is worried about a team they are playing in 3 weeks, I'm worried about them. I think it's pretty safe to assume that the Steelers know SF is a good team but they have business to take care of before they play them.

17. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Well guess what BSF we HAVE to play the 49ers they are on our schedule. I myself would rather play most other teams in the NFC.Thats not happening we have to play 49ers.They are good they have a better record than all but one of the other teams you have mentioned.But lets take care of business in the 3 games before 49ers.If we do not the 49er game may mean crap!

18. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The Steelers will have to shut the run down, and when they do...Alex Smith will have to beat us. Close your eye and say this again slowly, Alex Smith will have to beat us. Now don't we all feel better?

19. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    49ers are the Steelers pre-Roethlisberger, albeit with a weaker defense. These guys are built to whip ass in the pansy NFC West division, and they are doing just that. Our offensive gameplan should be Patriots-esque as if they were playing us - heavy passing and spread formations. If we play fundamentally sound (first time in a while I can type that word correctly) we walk away with an easy victory. Get up quick by a few TD's and force them away from the running game.

20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We usually play terrible on the left whoops west coast.
    The Niners have played to their strengths. Yes this is a team that will give the
    Steelers trouble. They are playing good football.

21. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    San fran is riding a high but they will get knocked off their pedistal soon.

22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we'll moider da bums. :stogie: :cool:

23. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    People are making too much of the niners, JMO. Can they beat us? Any team can beat any other team, it is the NFL but my take on it is they play in a super weak division and beating the Giants isn't impossible, they just about lost to Miami, their defense as well as their offense is erratic, much more than most teams. I think they get knocked down a notch or 2 and let us remember, Alex Smith is not the new Tom Brady, load the box and take away the run and force him to beat you and good things will happen like sacks, fumbles, and interceptions, we can win this game.

24. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    This is the only game I see us potentially losing the rest of the season. 13-3, or 12-4. We will beat the rest of the cream puffs. I just hope we don't have a meltdown like the ratbirds did against the garbage teams.

Ex. Palko will either look like a bum, or he'll look like the second coming of Joe Montana. We just have a nak for that. Things like this frightin me. :herewego!:

25. steelmatic86

steelmatic86 Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Keep their offense off the field with ball control/clock management and we will be ok!