1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

#45 Hynoski...who else wants him

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 58stillers, Feb 6, 2012.

1. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm sorry, I'm not a Pitt college guy... but why the heck did we let this guy out of Pittsburgh? I thought he did a fabulous job last night... I want him on the steelers NOW. Amazingly he was an undrafted rookie free agent with strong PA ties. Damn it BA, you should have been gone last year, we could have signed him.

2. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    There should be lots of guys with similar strengths as him, but you're right, it stinks that he was under our nose yet not on our radar. Maybe this year with a new OC!

3. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I was screaming for him last year.

4. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ya know, nobody was harder on BA more than me (in my private life more than this board, but I shared my opinions plenty) but, everything can't fall on him. He was an upper level coach, but this needs to be more on the GM, Head coach and maybe even the scouts as much if not more than BA. I don't think his pull could have been that much. Maybe though...

5. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    My guess is he would've been pretty excited if we took him too, here's a pic of Hynoski 2 years ago...
    http://imgur.com/f2HTx

I was really impressed that he could catch the ball AND laid some great lead blocks for Bradshaw.

6. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    Wait...wait...WAIT! I retract my last statement. I didn't realize the player in question was a FB. Yeah, Ariens is as much at fault as anyone. Glad he's gone!

7. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    True, Colbert is more responsible for player drafting and signings but our coaches should give him a wish list of positions and/or players we need and I'm certain sure a fullback was not on the list. That's on Tomlin and (the late) BA.

8. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Man, I was hot when we didn't draft him or sign him after the draft. For two years I have been saying, this guy practiced right in our building and we didn't take note. Well, blame it on BA. Arians was not going to draft a FB because he had his precious TE's for blocking. Big mistake, BIG mistake!!!! Its no way the Steelers should have let this guy get out of the building. There is so much truth in this statement about Arians: Within 5 short seasons, Arians successfully dismantled the blue collar hard nosed running game that defined the Pittsburgh Steelers. Some of the best full backs in the league came and went, never to be replaced. Tight ends became an extension of the offensive line in the Red Zone rather than a threat. And, the bubble screen pushed out the RB screen. We could sit here all day and have an Arians vs Steelers Nation debate – but the bottom line is Arians came ‘this close’ to completely obliterating the heart and sole of the Pittsburgh Steelers. That did not sit well with Rooney. In fact, Rooney fired off a warning shot in the form of voicing that the team needed to run the ball more this season. And like a defiant teenager, Arians just kept doing his thing.

Yes, it was Arians fault that he got rid of all the legit FB's that the Steelers had, and never had any intensions in drafting another FB as long as he was here. What I like about the Giants is that they line up in the I with Hynoski as the lead back and they run the ball. That was never in any of Arians game plans.

And last but not least, this is what a female Steelers fan sent me last night: Once again, the more physical team (with a D and running game) has won the Super Bowl. Notice that the Giants NEVER abandoned their running game.

9. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I thought I read somewhere that Pittsburgh showed intereset in him, but he went to the Giants anyway. I don't know if he chose NY, or if Pittsburgh retracted its offer. Maybe it was money, maybe he wanted to experience the bright lights of New York, maybe he knew he'd have a larger role on a team where the OC didn't say, "I don't use fullbacks, ever."

Anyway, yes, he would have been an absolute perfect UDFA for us and is exactly the kind of player I've been begging the team to get since it booted Kreider.

10. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    He went to Pitt and was shown in a pic from 2 years ago in a Steeler jersey. I think if we made a reasonable effort to sign him at a reasonable salary for a free agent fullback, he may very well have signed with us. Me thinks we didn't make much of an effort. But I could be wrong.

11. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    :amen:

12. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    Check my post two below the one you quoted. Full retraction. maybe you didn't see it, but yeah, I'm with ya....

13. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    dude not to be a dick but you copy and paste the same thing in a **** ton of threds justsaying

14. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yeah, Kuhn is another one that we pushed right out the door. And it is Arian's fault. Just like when you have an employee who is a cancer in the workplace. You try to coach them up, but ultimately when they fail and you send them doing the cardboard box shuffle, there is ALWAYS stuff that starts coming out of the woodwork. We have known BA was stubborn, poor play caller, and refused to get with the program. And the damage that this has done to the Steelers O will be felt for awhile. I hold MT responsible for it and I don't expect him to be here much longer unless he absolutely hits a homerun with the OC pick and the Steelers move into a top 5 scoring offense, which they are certainly capable of with the talent here.

15. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    I sure hope the rest of the RB corps can come together as hoped, because I fear Mendenhall will not be what he was. I consider myself in the group that still, despite the new rules, believes we need a solid running game AND passing attack to win at a high level.

No matter the trends, that combo always puts you in a position to win. I don't care about this passing thing and such. Those trends have been in and out for a while. Teams that rely on that as their scheme have spotty success on average, but a balanced ball control with solid is what football is and should be.

There has been the west coast, the early years of the Randy Moss/Carter/Culpepper Vikings, the greatest show on turf, 96 Patriots (Moss again) etc....

But a solid and fundamentally disciplined style will always be playing in the superbowl. :yeehaw:

16. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe not but it wasn't their running game that got them to the SB. They were last in the league in rushing this past year with the Steelers being much better at 14th. As for Arians being close to completely obliterating the heart and sole of the Steelers. Being just a little melodramatic there aren't you :roflmao:

17. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    Down the stretch, when it really mattered, the Giants ran very good.

18. mort159

mort159 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'd love to have Henry on the Steelers. He is from my area and I know his family and knew him when i was in high school and he was a little kid. Good charater hard working kid.