1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

4-round mock spawns next gen offense

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    2 offense 1 defense in the first 3 picks with the first very possibly being a defensive player.

2. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We need a strong defense. Our defense held us in games until Ben and the offense could get themselves together. Ben, has enough weapons at his disposal right now. Just need better protection from the line. And because, God looks out for fools and babies ... the steelers will get a special player to drop in their lap. And, if the scouts, do their due diligence ... we will get a diamond in the ruff via udfa

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. YinzerBuckeye

YinzerBuckeye Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2015
    JOK, OL (maybe Walker Little or Jackson Carman), and Trey Sermon in the third round is draft I can get behind.

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exact opposite of my thoughts...except the 1st round pick being a Defensive player.
    We shall see.
    I'm soooooooo excited 4 the Draft.
    It can't get here soon enough.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What weapons? No RB, No TE

6. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We have ebron and if we would've draft the guy out of Ohio St last year ... we would have one less worry this year

7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I think you assessment may very well be correct. Popular opinion is set on a strong offensive draft, but there are indeed glaring needs on D as well. If there is someone there that is BPA on their board I would not be surprised with any pick from a variety of positions

• Like Like x 1
  8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i will say this about the TE spot, jsut because ebron was brought here for the ben and fichtner show and how they used him, it will have nothing to do with how they use him or what they need from him in this offense. i'm starting to think more highly of a TE as a possibility early in this draft. a total TE. ebron does what ebron does. this outside zone scheme will require a good blocking TE on the edge. is that gentry? is that rader? people may down rader but he's got some pretty good blocking skills. they have kept this kid for 3 years now for some reason. this may be his time to put all this time spent on him on the field to see where it has gone. the new TE's coach may further this development i would hope. we shall see. different doesn't always mean better. this position will help this offense in the run and pass game. it's not always about the o-line in the run game, though they are a part of it. :cool:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Like I said. What weapons?

10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Dobbins? I wanted the Steelers to draft him, but Claypool looks to a better pick in the long run.

11. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I still would like....Trade back 6-8 spots and STILL get Harris or Etienne, Then trade back up...And get either Friermuth or a real good OL....That would be my dream draft

• Like Like x 2