1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

#4 pick won't be enough to fix this mess. We need Top 2.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Spoken by someone who has obviously never played sports and had any sense of pride

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    People say how it is a 52 man team. But saying 2 people can turn around the 24ish man team is an insult to those starters. You're saying 9% sucks.

Furthermore I bet you're counting on that other second. As well the third for working out. So that's 17%ish.

So yeah you can bet on players quiting and retiring. Specially since SDOT you're people are not happy unless a ring is involved. Because they don't want to hear next year after a rough start to just go tank again. Because dang well SDOT would do that..... hence the falcons analogy.

If we finish the season 6-11 and we get a top ten. So be it. But tanking away the heart will result in the organization losing it.

if we go 9-8 and miss it. And get a top 20 pick. The steelers have shown they know how to find just as good value there. So in the first 2 round, we have 3 picks..... which is enough to turn this team around as much as 4 picks in the first two rounds.

Our problem more than anything is Matt Canada. Pull in a coach with a decent playbook that has 10+ yards plays, opening running plays, using Calvin Austin and that white WR. We would have a great overall team.

I truly think next year or 2 we will be right back on top of being feared for another decade.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    People don't get what tanking does to an organization. I brought up the falcons with what they've lost from tanking over and over. And also forgot to mention their center left them over it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'd bet everything I have I was the best athlete on here. There's 0 reason to tank in HS or college. The only scenario I can think of is "If we lose this game we will have better seeding or match up in playoffs" That 100% happens at every level.

You're comparing half a season of tanking vs. years. I'm not saying years of tanking. I didn't even come into this season with the thought. The cards fell where they did with injuries and everything. The record is what it is and there's 0 good reasons to win pointless games.

I'm also under the assumption there will be 0 real coaching changes besides Canada getting fired. Tomlin will still be here. Willing to give him and new GM one last chance with adequate draft capital. I don't want any excuses. If Tomlin can't get it done then he has to be fired. No more excuses. So years of tanking isn't on the table or worth it. I agree it's bad for the organization when you do it every year.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don’t think fishing is considered an overly athletic sport, but you can sure bait a hook. I’ll give you that.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is all I can think it is....although I have played with Guys like this, and if it was up to Me they wouldn't have been on the team. Nothing made Me more angry then playing Your a$$ off, and You got that guy that's like....what's the point.......:mad::mad: That's I felt about them. LoL. Some people just have a defeatist attitude .

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Are We talking real money betting ???

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    A800DC1F-B530-4BBE-AD3F-DE02942DB2BE.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Very well said S.T.D. … Never give up under any circumstances…besides, good draft picks (albeit important) aren’t always what they’re cut out to be…AKA #55 just as 1 of many examples over the years on our team and throughout the league.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Rooney was going to stick by him, but since you said so, I'm sure Tomlin is gone after next season.:roflmao:

Check it out folks! This guy is a better GM than Colbert or Khan, a better coach than Tomlin, and the best damn athlete on this board! He cures cancer in his spare time and ****s gold, too!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Exactly! I do all that and still have time to share my expert opinion on here.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm::facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Hey hey hey I live on a major lake in Georgia. Every morning I go out..... so can I take him up on his bet if it's fishing? And I used to be a CB. I might be over 40 now, but I still have decent speed and know how to gator roll anyone.

14. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    He still ignored my question of what has happened to many teams. So there's really no need to continue discussing with him. I've given him an amplitude of chances to answer.

Also twice in this thread he's said things that has me questioning if he is even a steeler fan.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Decades of practice, and I only **** silver. Clearly, I need to up my intestin-alchemy.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ahhhh....the old intestinal alchemy.....I'm still in the copper faze. :shrug:
    I'm a slow learner.